Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 533 of 590

Out of Character: Ildrahil asked the question - Page 533 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
4th Apr, 2017 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 533

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: Not that we can act off this knowledge, but assuming the mage is not higher than level 8 (Which is pretty reasonable, I think), then he has very little access to divination spells to see us before we arrive or to figure out where we are without him physically being there. This means they will have to send out some soldiers or something to investigate. I think if we use the wagon as a wall and hide in it (It has arrow holes) or behind it, we can pretty easily take on a small force.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Yes, I agree with this. But I also think hiding the wagon and laying an ambush would work. Either way, once agreed, we should get to it.

4th Apr, 2017 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: Last time we came through here we were repeatedly told that there is not enough room to turn the wagon or get it off the road. As such I assume that getting it off the road to hide it is likewise impossible. We can ask in the questions thread just to make sure, but I think trying to setup the wagon as a barrier is only real viable option.

In Character: Albrecht responds to Ildrahil (From other thread) and says "I don't have any spells that could help us conceal the wagon, but if it comes down to a fight, we have some options to ensure we have the advantage."

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 4th Apr, 2017 - 6:32pm

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 533 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: If we can be reasonably sure they'll approach along the road, I suggest we have the wagon at an angle across it, in a position such that the driver can drive away from the fort if need be.

Deanna and Krusten can work from within the wagon using the arrow slits. Probably go ahead and give the Wand of Fireballs to Deanna so that can be her opening move unless she has a better suggestion. Albrech, Avan, and Ildrahil can hide on either or both sides of the road, in a position where they can attack right as the enemy spots said wagon. Right after the first exchange Bastion can then charge out from behind the wagon on his warhorse and lance the heck out of the most dangerous target he can reach. (Yay for hefty stackable bonuses to damage!) With a little luck, they will then be off balance, badly hurt, and not too difficult to mop up.

What do you guys think? Whatever we do, we need to be sure the enemy is going to cooperate. We need eyes on that fort. Preferably some noticeably sharper than mine.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Apr, 2017 - 6:40pm

4th Apr, 2017 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I think we can be reasonably sure they will attack from the road, as the otherwise have no way of ensuring they come out right by us. The only trick could be that they come out from the other side of the road through some path we don't know about. I like your plan Bastion. I have asked a few questions in the questions thread to see how feasible some of this might be.

As a note, the Dungeon Master has stated multiple times that turning the wagon completely around is very difficult except in wide places, so having it at an angle on the road, ready to charge away if it gets too dangerous is probably a no-go.

EDIT: The Dungeon Master has confirmed that we have passed the last of the ruins of a camp (From last time we explored) and are about 1/2 way up the hill to the stronghold. As such it is impossible to turn the wagon around until we reach the stronghold. However he did say we can put the wagon across the road to make travel difficult. He warned us to keep in mind that a slope will make the wagon unstable. As we will be downhill of it, I think that means that it could be rolled over whoever is below it with enough force.

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 4th Apr, 2017 - 7:21pm

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is it completely open terrain here? Just rolling hills? If not and we can figure our a way to camouflage the wagon we'd be in an even stronger position. Yes, even if we can camouflage it on the road, like make it look like something else… a fallen tree perhaps? Having never played a Druid I don't know their spells and I'm not someplace I can look them up. How about Deanna, can she make it disappear?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 533

Out of Character: Druid list doesn't have much in the way of disguise spells that I'm aware of. Warp Wood could probably be used to make it look like a tree trunk, but it wouldn't be usable as a wagon from then on.

As to Deanna being able to disguise the thing, there are a couple of wizard spells that could do the trick, including Silent Image, which is only level 1. But we'll have to ask to find out whether or not she has something suitable prepared, her dodging the question of what she can do has been more than a little annoying, we don't even know what her restricted schools are. (Though apparently evocation isn't among them, as demonstrated by the magic missile).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:34pm

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 533

Out of Character: Ildrahil asked the question in my last post directly to Deanna. He's waiting for her reply.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.