Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 12 of 590

Mounts, you bring up something good. Are orcs - Page 12 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Nov, 2009 - 11:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 590 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
13th Nov, 2009 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 12

ooc: We still need to keep up our activity level for JB's RPGs so we can keep posting until Kntoran gets back.

Let's do some battle planning so I can get an idea of your fighting strategies. Let's say we do see an orc party of about 12 in the forest. How will you propose an attack sequence to get their heads?

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2009 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

I didn't know Kntoran was missing, maybe we need to send out a scout party to find him. What kind of attack sequence are you looking for? Who fights first, second, etc. Thomaslee you take things way too seriously, calm down cowboy its all part of the story.

13th Nov, 2009 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"For me, at this time, I would probably summon a monster, and then get out of the way." Lionel offers. "Also Krusten I think we should discuss what our eventual spell paths will be so that we can use our magic together effectively, and not overlap on anything unless we want to double their effects." Lionel continues. "For me Summon Monster spells (I would like to go this path anyway), Gate, some Illusion spells, and also some spells like Harm, and Finger of Death, exc."
Also I think we should consider movement spells like Teleportation, Shadow Walk, exc.
There are also spells like Regroup (Calling allies to you), Stand (help fallen allies to rise), Rouse (Waking allies up), Stay the Hand (Changing a person's feelings toward group to friendly), Hesitate (Causes foe to hesitate and lose any advantages they may have), Halt (Stop a foe), (Dimension Hop, Dimension Step, Shuffle (movement spells)), Incite Riot, and Friend to Foe (Have enemies turn on each other), all of which may not be powerful spells, but can be helpful none the less. (out of game, all of these spells can be found in the Player's Handbook 2.)

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Nov, 2009 - 6:57pm

13th Nov, 2009 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 12 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

* Nods head at Lionel*

I will use an offensive spell, not sure which one but I know I won't be anywhere close off. After my spell I'll try some missile weapon like darts. I think any fighters with a bow should try and shoot them down before they reach within hand to hand combat.

13th Nov, 2009 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

As a fighter I'm like prone to use my massive strength to just chop necks as needed when they get close enough. I didn't have enough to get any bow.

13th Nov, 2009 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

The half-orcian actor purses his lips over his large canines thoughtfully, before winding his length of black cloth around his face to conceal his heritage from the rest of the town, and any lookie-lou children.

"All good approaches and contingencies, it sounds like to me, only that... Well, given our relative inexperience, as a cohesive group that ventures outside of towns among dangerous enemies, but with our somewhat helpful personal knowledge of orcs in general... Although if all of our party are present, I'm fairly certain we could best half a dozen orcs, I'm a little dubious about a full dozen. We could probably do it but I'm not sure the final toll this could take on us - some of our number do not have the endurance of the others. Oh, and "Beast": I imagine that if necessary, the rest of us could get enough coins together to find you a shortbow, as I know I have about 15 gold left myself. I don't know, it seems to me everybody should at least carry a sling or couple of knives or something, just in case.

I know my own scimitar is ready but woefully on the untested side; Even our warriors' combat prowess is, even if backed by the magicks of the others, no offense intended, mediocre at best, and while the same, or worse, is probably true for the vast majority of orcs around here, I'd rather not test that assumption for authenticity, agreed? And there likely will be more skilled group or warband leaders or rarely, shaman or other spellcasters, which could complicate things in an large engagement,

Still, a pile of gold per head is a hard siren's song to pass up, as at the very least, it could provide additional gear and armor and perhaps mounts, to rejoin the fray with better odds. My strategy is one of stealth and opportunity: we should be rapid but wary, with two of us walking a piece ahead of the others so as to provide less noise and more warning for us should we be set upon, and watching and listening for signs of the activity of others, to observe them from a safe, hidden distance, to gauge their number and capabilities. As I said, I see six as likely within our casual abilities, but many more than that would require a good run of luck, which I don't like to rely on - I really do not think it wise to fight with 9 or more of these pillagers, and that is with all our group with us. Perhaps a training montage is in order while we wait."

**Adventurous preparation music slowly swells up from the background as Namdar retrieves a few bales of hay and small logs, rotten and discarded fruits and vegetables, some charcoal, hammer and nails, rope and a few sticks and some tar or paint and small leafy branches, and proceeds to construct a combination missile weapon range, sparring area and obstacle course, far enough from the town proper so as to not disturb the peasants, though it does appear to be drawing a smattering of curious onlookers.**

Namdar strings his shortbow and draws and nocks an arrow, taking his stance at the start marker of small stones and aims at the circle painted on the hay bale fifty feet directly in front of him - *fttht!* - the tip strikes only the outer target ring. He fires draws and fires two more times at the two unidentifiable pieces of fruit sitting on the bale - one goes far off mark into the trees, but the other miraculously hits and drops both fruit and arrow to the ground.

But the thespian is focused and runs forward, unstringing and replacing his bow at his back, stepping fairly consistently in and out of the twenty feet of numerous loops of rope and stone laid on the ground, then leaving those behind and ducking under a low horizontal branch obstacle.

Still running, he dives over the target bale, tucking into a forward roll, and comes up, scimitar drawn, and begins hacking and lunging at a vaguely humanoid wooden contraption made of logs and ropes, which swings around and buffets him in the face and midsection with rough branches, as his blade darts in and out, attempting to strike various smaller targets on the main log, until finally after a few minutes, he stops, breathing heavy, and sheathes his sword.

"I thank you for the applause," he addresses the crowd of bewildered townsfolk, "but I really should have had my friends here throwing rocks at me during all that, I forgot." He grins to the rest of the group. "We can throw some now if you want?" offers one helpful burly man, picking up a fist-sized stone and stepping forward, as the half-orc's amusement disappears. "Uh, no - no! Thank you all the same, good sir - this is a very precise feat of engineering and routine, all geared toward our specific party. But the... Eagerness... To assist is appreciated all the same."

The man drops the rock with a heavy thud, looking highly disappointed. Namdar stands to the side of the starting stone and indicates the course with a two-armed presentation gesture. "Anyone else fancy a go?"

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 13th Nov, 2009 - 8:31pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Nov, 2009 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 12

Leaning on his walking staff he studies the half orc and a slight smile crosses his lips.

"Indeed you speak wise and I concur we are green and less skilled then our opponents. I am glad to see so many strong arms and wiling spirits though. I have bow and would be glad to aid others I need. After all it might be my skin that gets saved. Shooting fast then hand to hand by far is wise. I am decent at tracking and like you have some knowledge in their ways. Silence and speed must be used to our advantage."

13th Nov, 2009 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 12

Mounts, you bring up something good. Are orcs known to use horses? If so, we can take it from them if they have. I was tempted to buy myself a donkey but I would hate to charge into battle only to stop half way to the enemy just because my donkey wants to sit and rest.

Anyone in need of some advice or the hearing of my god's wise words? Lionel, you might want some tips on handling women? I can tell you it is a life long process.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.