Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule

Evils British Colonization Colonial Rule - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st May, 2006 - 5:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
The British have shaped a large part of the World
Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule Related Information to Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule
4th Oct, 2002 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Evils of British Colonization

Although this topic is aimed toward the British, I have found that most countries that have colonized the world have done so at the price of having the native lands and people destroyed.

At one time the British dominated the world. Their money (Pound sterling) still dominates the world even to this day. In early times they owned USA, India, most of the Caribbean, Hong Kong, and parts of Africa.

Colonization was to be a means by which Britain could satisfy its lust for power and growth. What was taught to the natives they conquered centered on discipline, following without question, suppression, and no love.

Evidence of this can be had today. The Caribbean is a good example of the 'backwardness' that exists in a colonized country. In nations that fought for their liberty their seems to be a greater sense of patriotism and loyalty to country rather than a nation that has just 'received' their independence.

What are your thoughts on the evils of colonization?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
4th Oct, 2002 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Rule Colonial Colonization British Evils

JB, why do you think they call them Pirates?

Because they always go and steal land from other people! Look at the sad example of the Islas Malvinas (they called it Falkland Islands) I restraint myself to say it because for me it was, it is and it always be Islas Malvinas. They got in war with Argentina in 1982 to steal those islands from us. (Let's remind everyone that those islands are in Argentinian Territory!). I don't like their attitude and the history proves that they are pirates...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Mar, 2003 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule History & Civil Business Politics

The interesting thing about those islands is their position geographically from the UK. There are actually lots of lands they could of kept hold of, including Trinidad - I do not know why they chose to hold on to that one. Maybe it is strategic for war?

However, to not lose focus on the theme of this thread I would like to say that the UK still is a big player in many decisions in the world. I was amazed that they were willing to be part of the EC. Having lived there during a period when the EC was only under consideration I saw the people very anti to sharing their 'resources' with anyone else. Maybe the UK is a new place and new people now? What do you think?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2003 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In early times they owned USA,

Yeah, that didn't last long.

Several countries went through periods of empire building. For centuries it was a way of life. It was the shape of the world, reality, and wasn't considered evil.

It seems to be an intrinsic part of man's nature (gender specific here- man-male) to dominate, to carve out a "territory", to have a hierarchal type society.

Men seem to have that Alpha male thing, which extends to their organizational and institutional structures.

Don't reall have any firm answers on this one (not that I have the answers on anything we talk about).

21st Mar, 2003 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

It seems to be an intrinsic part of man's nature (gender specific here- man-male) to dominate, to carve out a "territory", to have a hierarchal type society.

Many say this is the era of the empire of the USA. I wonder how true that is... As for the British, they are now slowly being taken over by those whom they formerly colonized. Go figure.

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2003 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Many say this is the era of the empire of the USA.

If that is true, it is the beginning of the end of the USA.
ALL empires fall, usually to the crazy, stubborn, wild barbarians.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st May, 2006 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Evils British Colonization Colonial Rule

I think modern colonization is based on economic take overs, but to not stray from the topic... I live in a country that still is psychologically affected because of its' former colonial master (UK). We only gained independence in 1962, so it is fresh to everyone that such issues as race is a big playing piece in determining success as one example. A lot of people still have a slave mentality as Bob Marley put it - this is a direct cause of the British slave trade (Middle Passage).

Post Date: 21st May, 2006 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Evils British Colonization Colonial Rule Politics Business Civil & History

Its hard for me to argue that the British colonization of the world is bad. I look at India and South Africa and see countries that had to fight to be free of British rule. On the other hand, countries like my own would not exist if not for British colonization. How many countries owe their current existence, good or bad, to Britain for colonization? I'm not saying its right, in fact, in many instances, its wrong. But sometimes, colonization can be a good thing and good can come from it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Evils of British Colonization - Colonial Rule

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,