British Politics

British Politics - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Feb, 2007 - 10:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (12) »
United Kingdom Politics - General discussion about British politics only. UK Politics - England Politics - British Politicians
British Politics Related Information to British Politics
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2005 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

British Politics

Lesser-Evilism Grips Britain

The Chancellor of the Exchequer and pretender to the throne, has, according to his biographer Richard Peston, told Blair that, "There is nothing you could say to me now that I could ever believe."
Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
8th May, 2005 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Politics British

British Prime Minister Tony Blair won his third term in the General Elections last Thursday, even though the party's majority in Parliament was significantly reduced. Today, according to CNN.com, Members of Parliament are calling for Blair to step down instead of serving his third term:

Labour MPs: Blair must go soon

LONDON, England -- Labour MPs have begun to call on Tony Blair to quit Downing Street long before he completes a full third term, although his allies dismissed them as isolated mavericks.

Speculation has been mounting that Blair would face pressure to step down as prime minister since he won Thursday's election with a significantly reduced parliamentary majority.

Blair has said he would serve a full third term but not take the Labour Party into another election. Thursday's victory marked the first time a Labour leader had won a third straight election.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

10th Jun, 2005 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

British Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Defeated UK Conservatives Look to Thriving GOP

With a third straight election defeat behind them, a group of prominent Conservative Party lawmakers and activists in Britain are calling for their party to adopt the successful image of the Republican Party in the U.S.

Personally, I am sure that if the Conservative Party would just focus on conservative issues, personal liberty, lower taxes, smaller government, more free markets, and disassociation from the EU, that they would sweep the elections.

They need to take those large issues, and show how they affect the people at the local level.

Of course they are going to lose much of London, Birmingham, and other Liberal strongholds, but they can win in the countryside.

They don't need to adopt the "image" of the US Republican Party, they need to define themselves as conservatives, both fiscally and socially.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2005 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

Politics British

BRITISH PAPERS LAUNCH BIG CHIRAC ATTACK

British newspapers lashed out at French President Jacques Chirac Tuesday, after he mocked British cuisine during a conversation with two other world leaders.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ight050705.html

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2005 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Politics British

BLAIR TO FACE TERROR LAW QUESTIONS

British Prime Minister Tony Blair faces tough questions at his monthly news conference Monday over his government's anti-terror legislation and over claims his authority is beginning to slip away.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/07...r.ap/index.html

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2005 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

British Politics

PRESS: CAN DEFEATED BLAIR SURVIVE?

Britain's Tony Blair faces a fight to shore up his ailing political authority on Thursday after his first parliamentary defeat over new anti-terrorism powers raised doubts about his political future.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/10...reut/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2007 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

British Politics

David Cameron

Tory leader David Cameron admits things in his past he "should not have done" as he refuses to deny allegations of cannabis use at school.
Ref. BBC

12th Feb, 2007 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

British Politics Politics Business Civil & History

I think that most people can see this for what it really is. I am not a Tory supporter by any means,(unlike my Son) but this is something that has been dragged up repeatedly to help along a smear campaign on David Cameron, with the elections not too far off!
It's something that is supposed to have happened years ago before he became an MP, and whilst he was still at school. Whilst I don't condone drugs by any means, I do feel that this should have remained private and in his past.

Interestingly, out of random interviews with the general public, many people's response is "so what". Whilst this isn't exactly my opinion, I do feel that everybody can make a mistake, it was allegedly dealt with at the time, and I feel that he should get the opportunity to put it behind him and be able to move on.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: British Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,