Mormon Doctrine On Lilith: Real Or Myth - Page 2 of 3

Name: Kim Country: Title: Lilith Comments: - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Jan, 2012 - 4:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
27th Oct, 2009 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine On Lilith: Real Or Myth - Page 2

I fail to see your point brother. So if the church didnt make any mention of it how can that be compared to the actual mention of Enoch in the Bible and JS expanding on the issue? You know what am I saying? Where does it say in the scriptures at least briefly that Lilith was the first wife of Adam? It doesnt, so I cannot even start comprehending why would you think the story may be true. Its weird.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jan, 2010 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

Myth Real Lilith Doctrine Mormon

I personally don't think its strange to wonder about this story. A lot of Jewish stories are true. I think they misinterpret some of them, but they're based in truth. We don't have every scripture that has been written. We don't know all there is to know. We only know what God wants us to know right now.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2010 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine On Lilith: Real Or Myth Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Andrew

Comments: I think that Adam practiced plural marriage and this is where the idea of Lilith comes from. I don't have any sources it is just my personal opinion

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2010 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Myth Real Lilith Doctrine Mormon

Name: Matt

Comments: If you don't have any legitimate prophetic sources then [..] there's no point in speculating on things that do not affect your eternal welfare and which we know nothing about. If it's important it either has already been revealed through a prophet, or will be. Focus on what's important and what's real.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2010 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Myth Real Lilith Doctrine Mormon

Name: Andrew

Comments: I have to disagree because I think that there is no harm in speculating as long as you do not profess it to be doctrine which I did not do. I think when we stop trying to understand the mysteries of God then we become spiritually stagnant.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2010 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine On Lilith: Real Or Myth

Name: John

Comments: A lot of the speculation on Adam having a wife comes from Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. In Chapter 2 Eve is created from Adam's rib.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2010 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine Lilith Real Myth - Page 2

I must be sleepy or something John but how that scripture connects with Adam having another wife besides Eve?

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2012 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Doctrine Lilith Real Myth Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Name: Kim

Title: Lilith

Comments: I'm years behind on this response, but I got here so I thought others might as well. His reference to creation and formation is actually a discrepancy within the scriptures, created of the earth(same as Adam was created) vs. Formed from Adams rib (indication she is "part" of Adam, get it?) when something is created, it's different from being copied, see? Creation would indicate she was equal to Adam, formed of his rib would indicate she is a lesser, weaker copy. Lilith was his equal, whereas Eve was beneath him. I may have the words formed and created backwards but hopefully you can get the idea of the point made.
AND for future reference, the Bible says "seek out the old paths and walk therein", its right to make sure the Bible isn't a watered down account of truth. Also it says "be ye not ignorant", don't assume we have the whole story. There are so many parts of the Scriptures removed by the roman-catholic church, and where do you think these scriptures come from to begin with, how did we get them? Just a thought to ponder, and your harshness is nothing short of fanaticism.
Now as to Lilith being true, I have no idea. Then again do we have actual proof of anything? (including christian religion)

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Mormon Doctrine On Lilith: Real Or Myth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,