USA vs Iran - Page 9 of 95

I noticed that the general opinion is against - Page 9 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Feb, 2005 - 3:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 95 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (95) »

?
Poll: Will the USA vs. Iran issue end up in full scale war?
  Yes, very soon       48.48%
  Maybe, but not anytime soon       42.42%
  No, it is all talk       9.09%
Total Votes: 33
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
USA versus Iran
U.S.A. versus Will Iran end up like Iraq?
USA vs Iran Related Information to USA vs Iran
4th Feb, 2005 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran - Page 9

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday that an attack on Iran over its nuclear program is "not on the agenda at this point

Didn't she say the same thing two or three weeks before to attack Iraq? She even said they have no reports of Iraq having weapons of mass destruction. So with all respect, I cannot really trust in her word.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2005 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

Iran USA

She is a politician and one very obedient to higher directives I may add...So trusting her is way out of question. That does not mean however that is the same situation as in iraq and the events will be the same..

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2005 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

USA vs Iran History & Civil Business Politics

I don't think that the US would ever dare to go into Iran, they are a whole different league compared to Iraq in military strength and International pressure for a diplomatic resolve is too strong from Europe for the US to ignore...personally I think Iran is democratic; votes for women, more than one party to vote for, never threatened to invade neighbours, good buisness partner as well.

Message Edited!
MrSmith: Stop starting each post you make with 'Oh my god!'

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2005 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

Page 9 Iran USA

In a world with super powers, as throught history, the super powers get's to set the tone of the world politics. The question I would ask is this bad or good?
I am not sure of every fact that has followed the Bush lead war against the terriost of this world. Sometimes I worry about people being killed on both sides of this war. There is alot to be said of the inocent being killed, But with any war this will always happen. It is a strugle over Idea's. In my personal view the war as set forth by the United States is for a good cause thought there are going to be mistakes made. History will show us better with the add of time some of the dicisions made to be correct and other to be blunders.
When a terriost threat is made to any country or people it then becomes in part the responsible of the leadership of those countries or people to deal with the threat. Bush is in my mind correct in the prusuite of the destruction of the worlds terriost organizations. Irac has suffered too long with the old world leaders, and I would hope the new leadership will find strong footing, and a footing based on real freedom for it's people. At best it will be a struggle for some time.
NO NATION in history has not had growing pains, and enemies when they seek freedom. The cost is sometime very high. The rewards of also of great worth.

Douglas

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2005 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

Iran USA

I really hope that the US does not decide to attack Iran. Three wars in five years? I have read up on Iran a bit and have found out some interesting things. Iran is making some progress towards a free society. Progress is slow, but it always is. Its never easy for a country to go from a religion dominated form of government to a free government dominated by the peoples will.

Iraq was ruled by a dictator who refused to let the country move forward. He was a definent threat to the free world though not very threatening to the US. I don't condone the war, but they are significantly different than Iran.

I didn't especially condone the war in Iraq, but I would definently stand against a war with Iran. The US cannot just decide that a change in government is needed and take over. With no WMD's, there is no reason to take over Iraq. I find the whole situation rather sad. So many lives lost of both sides. I feel any lose of life is too much.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2005 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA vs Iran

RICE ISSUES IRAN A WARNING

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice warned Iran on Wednesday that it risks U.N. action if negotiations with Europe over its nuclear program don't progress.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...11078%2C00.html

IRAN SAYS IT WON'T GIVE UP NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY

President Mohammad Khatami vowed Wednesday that no Iranian government would
ever abandon the progress that the country has made in developing peaceful
nuclear technology.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/09/...r.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2005 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

USA Iran - Page 9

I don't think an outright attack on Iran is in the cards for Bush and the U.S. right now. Unlike Iraq, Iran has a very strong military and an invasion would just be too difficult given our present occupation of Iraq. However, an Israeli airstrike (with U.S. planes) on Iran would not be that surprising. I think Bush and his staff might try to provoke Iran into attacking either Israel or Iraq which would then give them the pretext for an invasion.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2005 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

USA Iran Politics Business Civil & History - Page 9

I noticed that the general opinion is against a war in Iran... Was it not the same case for Iraq before the US started a campaign of information about the real facts there? So far it was not an obvious interest in influencing public opinion... When a campaign againts the conditions from Iran will start on US tv stations, we can expect anything.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Corrected grammar and spelling.

> TOPIC: USA vs Iran

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,