USA vs Iran - Page 85 of 95

So, in this case they may not like the response - Page 85 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2017 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 95 pgs.  81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89  ...Latest (95) »

?
Poll: Will the USA vs. Iran issue end up in full scale war?
  Yes, very soon       48.48%
  Maybe, but not anytime soon       42.42%
  No, it is all talk       9.09%
Total Votes: 33
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
USA versus Iran
U.S.A. versus Will Iran end up like Iraq?
USA vs Iran Related Information to USA vs Iran
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2016 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA vs Iran - Page 85

The US did not pay a $400 million "Ransom" to Iran. Here's what actually happened.:

Ryan, Trump, and other critics have the facts wrong. The Wall Street Journal story is actually describing a payment that President Obama announced back in January. What's more, the payment was the result of a 35-year case in international court - and had nothing to do with any "Hostage" payments. Ref. Source 3k.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2016 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Iran USA

US 'tests' Iran's reaction to spy plane flyby:

Two US spy planes have flown within a mile of Iranian airspace, and have received warnings of a potential shootdown should they breach it. US military officials said Iran behaved "Unprofessionally" and "Unsafe[ly]" during the stunt designed to "Test" its reaction. Ref. Source 8h.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran History & Civil Business Politics

Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump's national security adviser, said Iran is "On notice," following the country's recent ballistic missile launch.

Sunday's missile test was in defiance of a UN Security Council Resolution and the latest in a series of provocative moves, Flynn said.

Iran's foreign ministry insisted Tuesday that the test was "Solely for defensive purposes" and not a violation of the resolution, which bars Iran from testing "Ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons." Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

Page 85 Iran USA

So, my previous life in the military makes me a fairly proficient in the Middle East and understanding various countries' motivations. I won't say I'm expert, I don't think anyone is because many of the motivations vary so widely and their mores are so different from our. What I do know is stuff like this scares the dickens out of their Arab neighbors. Why, because Persia (Iran) has and always has had imperialistic ambitions. There is a lot I could say but these are international boards and I really don't want to get into an argument.

Rather off topic, but...
What I will talk about is history and countries historical outlooks and how they seldom change all that drastically. So, back in the late 1500s Japan invaded Korea. Korea was in the midst of a civil war and japan decided to take advantage. The Chinese warned the Japanese that they could do whatever they wanted in the south, just don't come near the Yalu River. The Japanese didn't listen, and when they captured Pyongyang and approached the Yalu the Chinese sent in their Army, over 100,000 strong. This stopped the japanese in their tracks and eventually pushed them back to the southern coast. Now, let's move history forward about 350 years. We intervene in the Korean War. The Chinese tell us to stay away from the Yalu. If we just learned from history we'd have know they meant what they said. It made no difference that the Government of China was Ming Imperial or Mao Communist, they had common Chinese national interests. I say this to show that history repeats.

Iran, once the Persian Empire, owned all of what is now Iraq, Syria, Kuwait, Jordan, Israel, Turkey, and parts and parcels of other neighbors, like Saudi Arabia. This lasted to one degree or another for close to 1000 years. They have aspired to reinstate that Empire on many occasions since. This makes their neighbors very worried. This is why they look to the US for assurances. If I ran were to develop nuclear weapons there would be a huge clamor for the US to disarm them. If they have ICBMs at that time disarming them would be extremely difficult and their neighbors know that. The fact that they are developing these weapons has got to make Saudi Arabia's leaders shiver at night. Again, perhaps history is repeating…

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 1st Feb, 2017 - 8:51pm

1st Feb, 2017 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Iran USA

I was thinking what does they are putting Iran on notice supposed to mean? That's hardly diplomatic.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

USA vs Iran

Bountybeauty,

Sometimes strong words are required to keep a country from going down a path that could lead to war. In other words, sometimes being undiplomatic is diplomacy. Diplomacy is not always saying nice things. When we issued the Monroe Doctrine we were all but daring European powers to meddle in "Our" hemisphere. That sure wasn't diplomatic but it was diplomacy. That single document, although it hasn't always worked and we had to pick our issues, probably stopped a few wars for the US. Maybe some strong language will work with Iran… although I truly doubt it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Feb, 2017 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

USA Iran - Page 85

Iran has already answered Trump by saying they will continue to test their missiles. In other words "Let's see what you got."

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2017 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

USA Iran Politics Business Civil & History - Page 85

So, in this case they may not like the response they get. One of the things about our military is we have the ability to react in ways that don't (Immediately) put our people in harms way. We are one of the few nations on Earth that can this. Right now, Iran doesn't have the capability to respond in like manner. They could react in other ways, none of which are good for us and all of which would lead to escalation, but that would be up to them. Here is the thing, a miscalculation on their part could lead to very bad things for them. Yes, it would be ugly for us but it would be worse for them. And my fervent hope is that we don't go down this road, not one inch.

> TOPIC: USA vs Iran

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,