USA vs Iran - Page 13 of 95

Isn't the UN supposed to act as peacemakers - Page 13 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Nov, 2005 - 12:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 95 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (95) »

?
Poll: Will the USA vs. Iran issue end up in full scale war?
  Yes, very soon       48.48%
  Maybe, but not anytime soon       42.42%
  No, it is all talk       9.09%
Total Votes: 33
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
USA versus Iran
U.S.A. versus Will Iran end up like Iraq?
USA vs Iran Related Information to USA vs Iran
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2005 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran
A Friend

USA vs Iran - Page 13

In my opinion Bush is trying his best. He loves America as we all seen after 9/11 but sometimes makes the mistake of running the U.S.A as a business instead of as a government for the people. He's doing his best and as everyone can imagine being the president has to take a toll on you mentally and physically. So I think everyone should cut him some slack.

Sponsored Links:
6th Sep, 2005 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

Iran USA

10% of the Islam world subscribes to the extreme Wahhabist viewpoint

Nighthawk, where did you get these facts from? If you are suggesting that 10 per cent of Muslims are extremists than I disagree strongly. There is no proof of that whatsoever. Who substantiates these claims?

Iran is a very well known backer and supporter of terror.

That may well be true, but I am certain you will find the US Government is a far bigger backer of terror, whether it be covertly or through its support of dictators.

A radical Muslim state with "the bomb" is not conducive to anyone else's security.

A radical Christian state is just as conducive to terror. The problem I have with what you are preaching is that you think terrorists are born from a particular religion. Religion does NOT make terrorists. Its teachings do not breed terrorists. If somebody wants to use religion as an excuse to cast terror attacks because they believe it will best suit their interests then you can not blame the religion. What is religion anyway, it's really just somebody's words. There is no part of the Koran that teaches terror. The real interpretation of the word "jihad" has no association with terror. Do you really think the Iranians who support terrorists are doing it to please Allah?

I don't agree with the teachings of the Muslim religion, but to say people are terrorists, or more likely to be terrorists because they are Muslim is ridiculous. This sort of thinking is totaly ignoring the real cause of terrorism.

Anyway there is no proof whatsoever that Iran even wants nuclear weapons. Are we going to attack another sovereign nation on the lie that they posses WMDs? The world won't buy it a second time.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

9th Sep, 2005 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Iran History & Civil Business Politics

While I agree with Arvhic that quote "Religion does NOT make terrorists." This is like saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." Religion is tool that some are using to create those that will carry out terror attacks. This is done through preaching and teachings by individuals. At some point we will have to remove ourselves from the politically correct mode of non-judgment and make the determination of those people and organizations that are in fact not preaching the peaceful religions but supporting violent and terrorist tactics.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 2 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.2%

13th Sep, 2005 - 9:01am / Post ID: #

Page 13 Iran USA

wyldehorse, I don't quite agree that you can draw comparisons between the guns debate and religion. Of course there are ideologies that preach horrible things but if you take the time to actually study Islam you will find it is not one of them.

Religion is a political tool used by terrorists to mobilise support. They say they do all these things because the West is attacking their religion. This is of course nonsense.

I think you will find throughout history that land and religion have been the two most powerful issues that can be used to manipulate the masses to take up arms. Terrorists can rarely use the land justification so they bank upon religion. The truth is they are targetting the West because they don't like foreign powers interfering in their region or against their people. Whether it is legitimate or not people don't like other countries meddling in their affairs.

I'm sure many of these groups have a political agenda they are trying to tow as well, but if there was no oppression then I'm sure they would struggle to exist.

Until the Palestine disaster and Iraq are fixed I fear the West will continue to be targeted.

I feel for Iran not because I agree with their culture or the way they rule their people. But what we are seeing here is the same WMD excuse used on Iraq with just as little proof. Now we know the WMD accusations levelled at Iraq were blatant lies, lets not fall for the same propaganda again. Iran is a sovereign nation whether the West likes it or not, and nobody has the right to change their regime because they feel like it. That makes us as bad as the terrorists.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

27th Oct, 2005 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Iran USA

Someone is talking really big and is probably looking for war? The fact that you would even attend a specific anti-israel event as a political Head of State is deplorable for any kind of international relations.

IRANIAN PRESIDENT CALLS FOR ISRAEL TO BE 'WIPED OFF THE MAP'

Iran's new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, told a group of students at an anti-Israel event on Wednesday that Israel must be `wiped off the map` and that attacks by Palestinians would destroy it, the ISNA news agency reported.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2005 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA vs Iran

IRAN DENIES ISRAEL ATTACK THREAT

Iran has moved to soften the impact of remarks by its president that Israel should be "wiped off the map," saying it stood by its U.N. commitments and would not use violence against another country.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/10/29/...arks/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2005 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Iran - Page 13

IRAN FIRES 40 OFFICIALS - MANY ARE REFORMERS

Iran's government announced Wednesday that 40 ambassadors and senior diplomats, including supporters of warmer ties with the West, will be fired, continuing a purge of reformers as the regime takes an increasingly tough stance at home and abroad.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

5th Nov, 2005 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

USA Iran Politics Business Civil & History - Page 13

Isn't the UN supposed to act as peacemakers in turmoil between nations? Things have to becoming really heated for even Kofi to stay away. If statements by Heads of State keep moving in this direction we can most certainly see war here in the not too distant future.

ANNAN CALLS OFF IRAN TRIP

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has canceled a trip to Iran in response to increasing tension over the Iranian president's call for Israel to be "wiped off the map."
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/11/05/...n.ap/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: USA vs Iran

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,