Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs

Hiroshima Nagasaki Bombs - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Apr, 2003 - 1:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »
Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs Related Information to Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs
19th Apr, 2003 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

"Little Boy" Is the nick name given to the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. It was Monday morning. Little Boy was dropped from the Enola Gay, one of the B-29 bombers that flew over Hiroshima on that day.  After being released, it took about a minute for Little Boy to reach the point of explosion. It exploded at approximately 8:15 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) when it reached an altitude of 2,000 ft above the building that is today called the "A-Bomb Dome."

The July 24, 1995 issue of Newsweek writes:

international QUOTE
"A bright light filled the plane," Wrote Lt. Col. Paul Tibbets, the pilot of the Enola Gay, the B-29 that dropped the first atomic bomb. "We turned back to look at Hiroshima. The city was hidden by that awful cloud...boiling up, mushrooming."
For a moment, no one spoke. Then everyone was talking. "Look at that! Look at that! Look at that!" Exclaimed the co-pilot, Robert Lewis, pounding on Tibbets's shoulder. Lewis said he could taste atomic fission; it tasted like lead. Then he turned away to write in his journal. "My God," He asked himself, "What have we done?"
(Special report, "Hiroshima: August 6, 1945") Note: Paul Tibbets was Colonel, not "Lt. Colonel," When he was the pilot of the Enola Gay.

On August 6 and 9, 1945, the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed by the first atomic bombs used in warfare. The result?. In Hiroshima, of a resident civilian population of 250, 000 it was estimated that 45,000 died on the first day and a further 19,000 during the subsequent four months. In Nagasaki, out of a population of 174, 000,  22, 000 died on the first day and another 17, 000 within four months.

I wanted to start this thread a long time ago so we can share our views on this subject. Please feel free to do it.

Update - See the Video Below:

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
19th Apr, 2003 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Bombs Nagasaki Hiroshima

Sad thing. Actually, the USA's answers to those that touch their 'butt' are similar in todays warfare. You touch us with a pound and we touch you with a 1000 pounds.

This is not to give the US any credit whatsoever, but needless to say, if they did not drop the bomb a lot more lives would have been lost on the US side and the war would have dragged on a lot longer. The USwould see it as they are protecting themselves... but now the world protects themselves from every looney that is capable of having a nuclear bomb.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2003 - 10:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs History & Civil Business Politics

I hate nuclear warfare.

Let me preface any remarks with that statement.
I don't trust any government to have the wit to use nuclear energy in any form.

However, JB is correct.
The US was facing soldiers who were Samarui. They lived according to the code of Bushido. Their goal was to die in battle.
The Japanese generals knew they would eventually lose. They weren't stupid, but very good tacticians.
They accepted their eventual deaths and extermination of their people with the same calm they approached Seppuku.
Even after both bombs fell, their minds were not changed. They were determined to fight to the death, to the last man.
Only the Emperor, Hirohito, stopped this slaughter.

Had the US not dropped those bombs, the war would have drug on for years, because the Japanese were the best army the US ever faced, and they would have made us pay, and pay, and pay for victory.
We would have had to kill every last one of them to win.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2003 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bombs Nagasaki Hiroshima

It's not only about the immediate deaths that occured. It also led to a generation of deformed people because of the radiation. All in all, the casualty figures were probably very grostequely high. Let's hope all of us can live the rest of our lives without having to witness another incident like that.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2003 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bombs Nagasaki Hiroshima

It's not only about the immediate deaths that occured. It also led to a generation of deformed people because of the radiation. All in all, the casualty figures were probably very grostequely high. Let's hope all of us can live the rest of our lives without having to witness another incident like that.

AMEN TO THAT!
And tha is the reason behind the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act.
I would love to find a way to get rid of them all; including ours.
I really don't trust some of the morons we elect to office over here.
---shudders at the thought---

20th Apr, 2003 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

I totally agree with you Fireduck. Sometimes when I think about these bombs I wonder why the rest of the world didn't do more to stop this from happening? I don't know much about US history maybe Stranger or anybody else can explain me more about this, Did Pres. Johnson (I'm not sure if he was the president at that time) resigned or he finished his presidency like nothing really happened?. Did the Americans citizens at that time put pressure enough on him to remove him from his position?.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2003 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hiroshima Nagasaki Bombs

That was before Johnson's time.
Johnson was Viet Nam era.
He finished his term (replacing Kennedy), then didn't seek re-election.
He knew he would never get elected. by then America was screaming bloody murder about Viet Nam.
Get us out!

21st Apr, 2003 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Hiroshima Nagasaki Bombs Politics Business Civil & History

Oops, I got confused with Vietnam. Sorry. So who was the President that sent the bombs to Japan then?.
And what happened when Kennedy assumed?.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,