USA war against Iraq - Page 4 of 7

Fireduck, It is a different ball of wax now. - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Mar, 2003 - 10:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Closed
12th Mar, 2003 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq - Page 4

[quote]Iran is the last place he would want to run.
He started a war with them, remember? [/quote]

Yes, I do what I didn't say was he will tried to run there without Iran knowing about it of course, I mean, he may get desperate that he will try to do something crazy like that.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

Iraq war USA

Well, Saddam is a lot of things, but crazy he is not.
I would imagine he would head for Europe. France is a good bet. They've made a lot of money off him, and I suspect he has extensive contacts there.

13th Mar, 2003 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq History & Civil Business Politics

Do you think they will allow him to go there? I will be very surprise, if so when do you think he will be leaving? or he left already in your opinion?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2003 - 10:35am / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

Page 4 Iraq war USA

I don't think France  would officially let him take up residence there. But they have about a 12-15% Muslim population in which he could disappear.

I doubt he has left yet, because he is a gambler, and the current stalemate at the UN is just the kind of game he has played for years. Quite successfully.

14th Mar, 2003 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Iraq war USA

[quote]I doubt he has left yet, because he is a gambler, and the current stalemate at the UN is just the kind of game he has played for years. Quite successfully[/quote]

True, so why do you think the UN has such a 'special' patience with him and not with other leaders?

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2003 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

USA war against Iraq

LDS,
The UN is made up of a bunch of weakwilled, ineffective old men who don't know how to do anything but talk.

Those  members who are not of that ilk use it for political manuevering. It is a game of chess, one the US does not need to be playing.

As I said earlier, were I the President, I would close the building down, quit paying their bills and tell them all to get their butts back to Europe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2003 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

USA war Iraq - Page 4

The attack on Iraq is going beyond expectation. This statement is still being trumpeted by Rumsfeld, but seriously, the American boys are running out of Tomahawks soon unless reinforcements show up.

Bush and Blair badly underestimated the resolve of the Iraqis. It's one thing to back down from occupying Kuwait, but it's a totally different matter altogether when you have to fight for the sovereignity of your own country. After getting rid of the British colonial masters not so long ago, the Iraqis will not be willing to be subservient again to a foreign master.

Anti-colonialism is a very strong force. The attackers badly misjudged the nationalistic fervor of all the Iraqis. Those who hated Saddam has already scooted to a life of luxury or something like that, probably somewhere in France. The others who were unable to leave may have already be killed by Saddam. So, those Iraqis in the country now do have some degree of loyalty and admiration for their leader.

I think Rumsfeld was fed with some baloney by the so-called Iraqi opposition leaders. Now he is made to look like a fool.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2003 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

USA war Iraq Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Fireduck,
It is a different ball of wax now.
Everything you said is true, plus the fact that those in power and the Republicn Guard know they stand a good chance of being tried as war criminals, or executed by their own people once it is over.

But I wouldn't worry about the US running out of missles.

And the Administration was given some bad advice, Turkey's position being chief among the lot.

But I still suspect that once the main body of people are absolutely certain Saddam is dead and gone, they will be vastly relieved.

What comes after that depends on how intelligently the US acts in dealing with them.

I can't say that our record is all that bright, Afganistan excepted.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: USA war against Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,