USA war against Iraq - Page 6 of 7

What was the original focus of the war against - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Apr, 2003 - 2:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Closed
1st Apr, 2003 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq - Page 6

I know what you mean Fireduck and I'm againt this war too. Personally I feel sorry for all the lives that will be lost, civilians ad non-civilians. What can I say, that's how I am. But I'm getting a different picture in this war, as you well mentioned the things are getting pretty crazy and I'm really afraid that soldiers because of the pressure and the craziness out there may do stupid things. I don't know, I'm not a soldier and I don't the pressure they can go through a war, although I can imagine!
Stranger, do you think they will ever be able to catch Saddam any time soon?
I don't know if it's a cultural thing or what but I don't like the tone of voice that Iraqi militars are using to justify some methods. Although I could understand why they're doing it.
Now, my question arises...if one of the reasons that the US is going to a war against Iraq is to get rid of the dictator of Saddam Hussein isn't to be a dictator also to invade a country, try to get rid of the President and also plan to choose someone for the position? Isn't that dictatorship also?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2003 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

Iraq war USA

LDS,
Yes, I think they will get him. Unlike bin Laden he has many enemies just waiting to take their revenge.

To answer your question about dictatorship, in a way it is. It is going into a soverign nation and making decisions for them.

The US however, will not choose whom they elect. The goal is to allow the people the opportunity to decide for themselves, without a gun pointed at their heads.

I am quite sure also, that the US will try to assure that whoever gets elected is favorable towards the US. That doesn't always work. Whoever gets elected may have anti-US sentiments, but at least they won't be slaughtering the people.

1st Apr, 2003 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq History & Civil Business Politics

[quote]Whoever gets elected may have anti-US sentiments, but at least they won't be slaughtering the people. [/quote]

Yes but they may will be slaughtering other people of other countries...sad.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2003 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

Page 6 Iraq war USA

[quote]

Yes but they may will be slaughtering other people of other countries...sad.gif [/quote]

Not if we can help it.
The whole idea is to try and get some people in the government that has some sense.

They don't have to be fawning over the US, just not psycho dictators.

Besides, when we get through with the Iraqi army, they won't be able to wage war against anybody. ;D

2nd Apr, 2003 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Iraq war USA

Now I'm thinking about the next Presidential Elections in the US. I don't know but I doubt the Republicans will win again after this war. What will happen with everything if a Democrat gets into power?

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2003 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

USA war against Iraq

I read somewhere, can't remember the site, that Russia has despatched a couple of warships to the Gulf. Now I tried to look for that news article again, I can't find it. Any help there?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2003 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

USA war Iraq - Page 6

I think we are either in it to Stop Iraq from using Nuclear Weapons or were in it for oil

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

USA war against Iraq
A Friend

USA war Iraq Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

What was the original focus of the war against Iraq? Does the world care to recall or remember? Was it WMD, regime change or control of oil?

Anyway, if it is WMD, who will be next? Interesting article here on WMD.

U.S. Allies Also Have Chemical Weapons

https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...d=540&ncid=1473

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: USA war against Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,