Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 28 of 39

[quote]About al-Sahhaf's insane comments, - Page 28 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Apr, 2003 - 1:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 39 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (39) »
Closed
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2003 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?
A Friend

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 28

user posted image

I LOVE it!!!
I thought I would crack a rib laughing.

user posted image

Way to go, JB!

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2003 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

Some more updates from CNN:

U.S. ARMOR DESTROYS FORCES NEAR AIRPORT

As an armored column from the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division charged toward
Baghdad, Iraqi forces countered with dump trucks, pickup trucks and a "suicide
bus" of soldiers with rifles blazing, CNN correspondent Walter Rodgers
reported Friday.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/03/...alry/index.html

[hr]

> MYERS RAISES POSSIBILITY OF ISOLATING BAGHDAD

Pentagon officials raised the possibility Thursday that coalition forces might
try to isolate Baghdad and render the regime of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein
"irrelevant," avoiding urban warfare within the city to topple the government.

.... https://www.cnn.com/2003/US/04/03/sprj.irq....agon/index.html

[hr]

> EX-CIA CHIEF: U.S. FACES WORLD WAR IV

Former CIA director James Woolsey said Wednesday that the United States is
engaged in World War IV, and that it could continue for years.

.... https://www.cnn.com/2003/US/04/03/sprj.irq.....war/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3217 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Apr, 2003 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? History & Civil Business Politics

[quote]I LOVE it!!!
I thought I would crack a rib laughing.
[/quote]
Yes, I thought was right up your road. smile.gif

An Iraqi Hero! rom CNN:

IRAQI 'HERO' HELPED SAVE POW

An Iraqi man who helped U.S. Marines plan the rescue of Army Pfc. Jessica
Lynch has been granted refugee status and has been described by the Marines as
a "hero."
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/04/...rmer/index.html

[offtopic]I changed your url tage for image tag so that the image shows here. You don't have to add the 'url' tag because all links are automatically hyperlinked when you add them.[/offtopic]

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3217 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2003 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 28 War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

He said the new war is actually against three enemies: the religious rulers of Iran, the "fascists" of Iraq and Syria, and Islamic extremists like al Qaeda.

JB,
Remember what I said earlier, about Iraq being land access to Iran?

I commend the bravery of the Iraqi soldiers, but their tactics leave much to be desired. But they're just doing the best they can in an impossible situation.

I doubt the US will simply sit around in Baghdad. They cannot afford to let the situation linger. The longer colation troops are visible, the more resentment festers, all over the Arab world.

We have to SHOW the Arab world and the Iraqis that we are not there to occupy, and that means getting out as soon as possible.

4th Apr, 2003 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

[quote]I doubt the US will simply sit around in Baghdad. They cannot afford to let the situation linger. The longer colation troops are visible, the more resentment festers, all over the Arab world. [/quote]
I think there is little you can do about that now :smile.gif The US has occupied and will continue to occupy the Middle East. Even if they leave Iraq, they will still be 'there'. Afterall it will be 'their' government running things wink.gif

Great site for Arab events:
https://www.mapreport.com/countries/arab_countries.html

4th Apr, 2003 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

:spock: I am still trying to understant the Iraqi's PR general's boldface lies. He said that the US/UK troops were 'surrounded' in the airport? From CNN pics we can see that is clearly not true.

He also made reference to doing something 'untraditional' tonight. He said it would not be a military maneuver. What is that supposed to mean? More people blowing up themselves? Somebody help me to reason with this maddness.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2003 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War - Page 28

[quote]
I think there is little you can do about that now :smile.gif The US has occupied and will continue to occupy the Middle East. Even if they leave Iraq, they will still be 'there'. Afterall it will be 'their' government running things wink.gif

Great site for Arab events:https://www.mapreport.com/countries/arab_countries.html[/quote]
Of course. But you have to do it delicately.

About al-Sahhaf's insane comments, my sense of that is that he is a man sweating bullets. Someone has a gun to his head, making him keep up the party line. Whoever is holding the gun knows they are going to be ripped to shreds by the Shia or tried as war c riminals by the US, so it is the Alamo for them. Fight to the last man.

He knows it, now doesn't want any more part of it, but can't get out. The Republican Guard generals need to stage a coup right now and save a lot of lives. Now they could do it and we would back it and  give the generals amnesty.

4th Apr, 2003 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War Politics Business Civil & History - Page 28

[quote]About al-Sahhaf's insane comments, my sense of that is that he is a man sweating bullets. Someone has a gun to his head, making him keep up the party line. Whoever is holding the gun knows they are going to be ripped to shreds by the Shia or tried as war c riminals by the US, so it is the Alamo for them. Fight to the last man.
[/quote]
That could be true. I noticed he avoided the question of a British journalist when he asked, "Why didn't you just defend the airport rather than surround it"

> TOPIC: Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,