Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 29 of 39

[quote] So from your 'professional' opinion - Page 29 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Apr, 2003 - 10:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 39 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (39) »
Closed
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2003 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?
A Friend

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 29

[quote]
That could be true. I noticed he avoided the question of a British journalist when he asked, "Why didn't you just defend the airport rather than surround it"[/quote]
Yes, he's in a tough spot. Ann Garrols of NPR said yesterday that none of the ministers were to be found, that they were all increasingly nervous and that he (al-Sahhaf) "seems to have lost his grip on reality".

I took note of that because NPR is disgustingly anti-war, to the point of actually distorting the facts of the campaign.

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2003 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

Saddam loves James Bond!

I heard that over the radio today. They were saying that the British forces were naming certain strategies or missions after James Bond characters maybe because of two reasons; 1. It showed the comical part of the war to keep morale high and 2. to slap Saddam in the face with his own love for the British character.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

5th Apr, 2003 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? History & Civil Business Politics

How long til the end? Or is there an end?

From CNN:

U.S.: TANKS, SOLDIERS ENTER HEART OF BAGHDAD

U.S. soldiers, tanks operating in the heart of Baghdad, encountering spotty
resistance, U.S. military sources say The advance of forces into Baghdad comes
on 17th day of Operation Iraqi Freedom Pentagon confirms eight bodies found
during POW rescue were American MIAs, seven of them from 507th Iraqi
information minister denies U.S. claims
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/05/...main/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2003 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 29 War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

[quote]How long til the end? Or is there an end?

From CNN:

U.S.: TANKS, SOLDIERS ENTER HEART OF BAGHDAD

U.S. soldiers, tanks operating in the heart of Baghdad, encountering spotty
resistance, U.S. military sources say The advance of forces into Baghdad comes
on 17th day of Operation Iraqi Freedom Pentagon confirms eight bodies found
during POW rescue were American MIAs, seven of them from 507th Iraqi
information minister denies U.S. claimshttps://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/05/sprj.irq.war.main/index.html[/quote]

Didn't you know? Those tanks are an illusion, a figment of the Iraqi people's imagination.

Also, but not mentioned, Delta is in Baghdad, sniffing out the top dogs of the regime.

It's sniper time, boys and girls.

This part is a bit gruesome, but it's something all the potential troublemakers need to know.

The kill ratio is now coalition forces 57, Republican Guard 100,000 +

Tell your boy in North Korea to put that in his pipe and smoke it.

5th Apr, 2003 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

[quote]It's sniper time, boys and girls. [/quote]
So from your 'professional' opinion you think the coalition will set up manned areas from which to 'take out' key areas?

5th Apr, 2003 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

I think that now that the forces entered to Baghad is definetly 'blood' time. It scares me. Now, hearing the Ministry of Information of Iraq I start thinking if this guy use some kind of medication or is under the effects of drugs or alcohol. He doesn't seem all well 'upstairs'. He lies through his nose and we know that because we see the images on TV, who he thinks he's fooling?.
Now, how long time it will take to the US forces to get control over Baghdad? and after that what's next?.
I was glad to hear that they renamed the airport as 'Baghdad International Airport' and not a stupid silly joke like 'Bush International Airport or Powell International Airport' :smile.gif who knows, maybe someone nagged the soldiers about it ;D
Hey but in any case, what was wrong with Saddam International Airport? :smile.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Apr, 2003 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War - Page 29

[quote]Now, how long time it will take to the US forces to get control over Baghdad? and after that what's next?.
I was glad to hear that they renamed the airport as 'Baghdad International Airport' and not a stupid silly joke like 'Bush International Airport or Powell International Airport'  who knows, maybe someone nagged the soldiers about it  [/quote]
I was thinking the same thing too, but did not say anything.

[quote]Hey but in any case, what was wrong with Saddam International Airport? [/quote]
They want to extinguish that name from the minds of the people. That will never be so though, because he is already seen as a 'hero' by some.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2003 - 10:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War Politics Business Civil & History - Page 29

[quote]
So from your 'professional' opinion you think the coalition will set up manned areas from which to 'take out' key areas?[/quote]
No.
In my humble, and very non-professional opinion, they will send out roving, covert teams, relying on intel, tips from dissidants and the like.

The forces proper will go ahead and take the city, bring it under control as quickly as possible, breaking the back of organized resistance, showing the population at large that it is over and bringing the daily sounds and sights of combat to an end.

The city needs to be returned to daily life poste haste, with the realization that the Baath Party no longer rules them.

The threat of urban warfare looks like it will not materialize on the scale we all feared. There will be diehards certainly, but they have really had the fight kicked out of them.

From what I am able to see now, live in Baghdad, I can't see a real determined guerilla resistance forming.

> TOPIC: Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,