Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 31 of 39

[quote]Top Stories - Reuters Report: U.S. - Page 31 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Apr, 2003 - 2:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 39 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ...Latest (39) »
Closed
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2003 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?
A Friend

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 31

Personally, I like the Arab News. It's one of the few papers in the world that has an international perspective.  
In the very earliest days of that newspaper, opinions like Mr. Bashar Assad's would have never made it into the paper. Today, it is a calculated blessing in disguise since his opinion squares with a lot of the lesser educated people living in Saudi Arabia and with many of the lesser educated Saudis. There are a lot of Shiite Saudis who are ready to burst at the injustices inflicted on them by their Sunni brothers - especially on the East Coast of Saudi Arabia.  The Arab News has released alot of steam within the public by embracing radical opinions instead of suppressing them.  This is one small way the Royal family stays in power.  

Sponsored Links:
6th Apr, 2003 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

[quote]Personally, I like the Arab News. It's one of the few papers in the world that has an international perspective.   [/quote]
Yes, that is why I add it here. Another good one is Pakistan News.

Well basically it seems that the climax is gone and the coalition has control of Iraq now. What can we look out for now?
- General managing Iraq
- Arabs kicking fuss
- Going back to the UN and...
- Feeding the people and reconstruction
- A movie from Hollywood

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2003 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? History & Civil Business Politics

[quote]
Well basically it seems that the climax is gone and the coalition has control of Iraq now. What can we look out for now?
- General managing Iraq
- Arabs kicking fuss
- Going back to the UN and...
- Feeding the people and reconstruction
- A movie from Hollywood

[/quote]

But where is Saddam? And where are the weapons of mass destruction? Remember, that was the main objective of this exercise? If the US?UK controls Iraq now, surely at some of such weapons could be unearthed by now, if the Iraqis really have them?
>:(

So, what is Bush or Blair going to say now? "Oops, sorry. Looks like that dictator was telling the truth after all"? Tell that to the thousands of dead civillians and soldiers.

And what are they trying to achieve? Flatten the whole country, and then reconstruct. What gives them the right to 'reconstruct' after all that demolition? And what do the Americans know about Arab lifestyles and religious practices where their dwelling consructions are concerned.

As I read and see the pictures of destruction everyday, I can't help but feel a great injustice has been done tothe Iraqi people. And we must remeber that even the Republican Guards or militia are humans and they have families too. Just like the American or British troops. Thousands of the soldiers are killed and no one so much as mention that other than quoting the numbers killed. Where's the compassion? Where's the sense of humanity???

I'm not trying to defend the Iraqis but what do you expect? An American soldier killed or injured, we get the whole State or county crying there. But the US generals report that their troops killed so many hundreds of Republican Guards everyday!  And they died doing what? DEFENDING their country! Anywhere else, that would be called heroic deeds.

Spare a thought for all those killed and maimed, irregardless whether US, UK, or Iraqis.  Come back to our senses. We must still be human enough to recognize that.  :(

7th Apr, 2003 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Page 31 War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

Fireduck, what a great post you made. I totally agree with you man. Specially regards to the lives of both sides. They're human beings and need to be treated as such. There is a huge lack of humanity in this war...but again...is there humanity in war? *shaking head*.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

7th Apr, 2003 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

@ Fireduck good thoughts and I would like to get the answers.

Concerning the Information Minister, this guy I feel really must need some tonic. Today I watching the BBC, they were showing US tanks in the city taking POWs and about a half mile away was the Information Minister walking the streets saying that they have the US surrounded :smile.gif

From CNN:

> TANKS ROLL IN CITY CENTER

Three Army battallions believed in city; 3rd Infantry officer says "this is
for real." Pentagon: U.S. forces enter presidential palace, destroy Saddam
statue Iraqi missile hits Army operations center: six wounded, six missing
Iraqi Information Minister denies U.S. troops are in city UK: Sources say
'Chemical Ali' found dead in Basra

.... https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/07/...main/index.html

[hr]

> BRITISH: RELIABLE SOURCES SAY 'CHEMICAL ALI' DEAD

Ali Hassan al-Majeed, dubbed "Chemical Ali" by opponents of the Iraqi regime
for reportedly ordering a poison gas attack that killed thousands of Kurds,
has been found dead in Basra, The Associated Press quoted a British officer as
saying Monday.

.... https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/07/....ali/index.html

[hr]

Ummm... is this guy for real? Someone please help me with this?

> SAHAF: U.S. TROOPS WILL BE BURNT

In an apparent show of defiance, Iraq's information minister says a U.S. raid
on Baghdad had been repelled and American troops were beginning to "commit
suicide on the walls of Baghdad.

.... https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/07/...ahaf/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2003 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well, looks like they are answering my previous post. Not too sure whether to believe it or not. Why would the Iraqis leave the missiles lying around if they do not intend to use them when the US/UK forces are at a distance. They are missiles so I 'd expect they need to be fired to a distance, not in close combat like the situation now. Is this a planted job if the report is true?

Top Stories - Reuters

Report: U.S. Finds Missiles with Chemical Weapons

https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...d=564&ncid=1478

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2003 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War - Page 31

I think the man is either the coolest cat around town, or he has long scooted off somewhere. Maybe he is comfortably in Iran, or Syria, or Yemen..... And the walk-around we saw a couple of days ago was actually a Hollywood-style set to sucker everybody that he is still in Baghdad.

Iraqi TV shows Saddam Hussein meeting senior aides

https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...g&e=1&ncid=1473

7th Apr, 2003 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War Politics Business Civil & History - Page 31

[quote]Top Stories - Reuters

Report: U.S. Finds Missiles with Chemical Weapons

https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...30407/ts_nm/ira q_usa_cache_dc&cid=564&ncid=1478 [/quote]
I have not heard this yet, I looked over the report... I will wait to comment.

> TOPIC: Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,