Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 35 of 39

[quote]Would you believe I have been crying, - Page 35 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Apr, 2003 - 5:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 39 pgs.  31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 
Closed
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2003 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?
A Friend

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 35

[quote]
The reasons are many, the worst one being the danger and fear and adrenaline one has while in combat.

Your life can hinge on one split second decision.

You think I'm trigger-happy? You get with a bunch of guys who are being shot at and you will see trigger-happy.[/quote]

Stranger, do you think the combatants will have problems when they come back home to US to their daily work? I mean will they be a little be jumpy psychologically? We have seen or heard of Vietnam Vets having all sort of psychiatric problems. I hope they really counsel the young guys well, when their war duties are over.

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2003 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

Stranger, I can imagine. It's easy for us from here to point fingers but I really feel sorry for the people out there on both sides fighting to what they consider is 'defend their countries'.
Hope we stop hearing about mistakes like that...and hopefully this war is going to end soon. When do you all think this war is going to end? (approx. date)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Apr, 2003 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? History & Civil Business Politics

:spock: At least one of Saddam's funnier twins is making money off of looking like him...

From ABCNews:

Saddam Hussein isn't showing his face much lately, and neither is his
California look-alike Jerry Haleva, who's earned big bucks as the tyrant's
Hollywood double.

Haleva, a 56-year-old lobbyist from California, played the Iraqi dictator
in "The Big Lebowski," "Hot Shots" and several other films and clearly
loves "milking it" for all it's worth.

"Where else but America can a nice Jewish boy get paid for making fun of
Saddam Hussein?"  he says, although he's waiting till after the war to
resume joke-making.

What rosy opportunities await Saddam's Hollywood Doppelganger? And what
drove him to shave his mustache during the Gulf War? Order up a big dish
of "Iraqi Road" ice cream and read about it in this week's Wolf Files.

https://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/WolfFile.../wolffiles.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Apr, 2003 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Page 35 War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

[center]Is it over?[/center]
Are these celibrations based on real joy about Saddam's fall, the TV they just looted or because the war is simply over and they can start getting back to order.

From CNN:

SHIITE LEADER: 'THE TYRANT ... IS FINISHED'

Video shows massive celebrations, some looting in Baghdad's Saddam City and
Erbil in northern Iraq Shiite Muslim leader: "The tyrant of the world is
finished"; Coalition warns "it's not over," despite celebrations U.S. officer
says most of Iraqi forces in Baghdad "have given up," fate of Saddam still
unknown

https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/09/...main/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2003 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

Fireduck,
Some will have problems. It has been true in every war. Not everyone will, however.

LDS
Right about now.
Ann Garrols of NPR reported that Hallucinating Hasaf didn't show up today (last night for us), that their "minder", the Security-Intelligence officer showed up and tried to steal a car from one of the reporters. When caught, he begged them to let him go, and was seen by reporters tearing up his Intelligence ID card.
The Special Republican Guard has evaporated, and military uniforms are littering the streets everywhere.
The Iraqi people are going into government offices and taking everything that isn't nailed down. They are even stealing the Rebublican Guard Cavalry's horses.
The American soldiers are now being welcomed by the people, they are jumping on the tanks, cheering and cussing Saddam for all they're worth.

And this is why we guys on the ground do it. To see those folks out from under. That is our reward. Forget the political implications.

JB,
The fate of Saddam is unknown, but now completely irrelevant. The people are free.
IF Saddam is alive, then I have this picture of him booking out across the desert like Roadrunner in the cartoon, trying to put as much distance between himself and Baghdad as possible.
Beep-beep.

9th Apr, 2003 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

Have you all see the excitement of the people of Iraq today? how they ran like crazy into the streets celebrating  the down fall of Saddam?. I followed it live on TV when the marines helped the people to tear down that huge metal statue of Saddam?. Wow, that was amazing! I was analyzing the reaction and the symbolism in all this. I was watching the faces of the Iraqis trying to put that statue down, and it was so huge that they could not do it, the frustation I guess meaning for them that somehow Saddam was still 'ruling' over Iraq if they could not put it down, the anger and then the happiness when it was finally down. To see that was priceless. It brought a lot of mixed emotions to me and yes, I felt happy to see the people of Iraq having some kind of feeling of achievment....

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2003 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War - Page 35

[quote]Have you all see the excitement of the people of Iraq today? how they ran like crazy into the streets celebrating  the down fall of Saddam?. I followed it live on TV when the marines helped the people to tear down that huge metal statue of Saddam?. Wow, that was amazing! I was analyzing the reaction and the symbolism in all this. I was watching the faces of the Iraqis trying to put that statue down, and it was so huge that they could not do it, the frustation I guess meaning for them that somehow Saddam was still 'ruling' over Iraq if they could not put it down, the anger and then the happiness when it was finally down. To see that was priceless. It brought a lot of mixed emotions to me and yes, I felt happy to see the people of Iraq having some kind of feeling of achievment....[/quote]
Yes, I have been watching all morning long. I have gotten no work done.
Would you believe I have been crying, watching this?
I imagine I am not the only one. This is an old debt, long overdue, finally paid.
This time we kept our promise to them. They deserved better than what we gave them last time.
I just wish I had been there this time.

9th Apr, 2003 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War Politics Business Civil & History - Page 35

[quote]Would you believe I have been crying, watching this? [/quote]

Yes I do believe you, actually I was hearing that  one of the journalists on TV was crying too when he was reporting it. I guess that the excitiment of seeing the people happy makes anybody happy too. I didn't cry but I had a knot on my throat when that statute when down and the people went crazy.  I had another knot on my throat when the US soldiers were greeted by the people and an iraqui gave some flowers to a US soldier that maybe he got from some garden. That was priceless and a historical moment for the people of Iraq.

+  « First of 39 pgs.  31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 

> TOPIC: Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,