Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 8 of 39

Yes. That is what is meant by body count. - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Mar, 2003 - 9:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 39 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (39) »
Closed
8th Mar, 2003 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? - Page 8

You must send men who will get right in his face and say, "OK, tough guy. Let's do it".

Hmmm those men will be going with bombs, militar equipment, planes and what not? :smile.gif :smile.gif :smile.gif I can be 'tough' like that too!!!! :smile.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?
A Friend

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

LDS,
Do I detect a bit of 'tongue-in-cheek' here?

One does not go into an armed conflict to lose. Let ge give you a couple of quotes.

General George Patton- "Gentlemen, the object of was is NOT to die for your country, but to make the other S.O.B. die for his".

One of my boot camp DIs- "The three most important things in combat are Firepower, Firepower and FIREPOWER"!

When you take men, young guys 18-25, into a situation where they may get killed and never go home to Mom and Dad again, your job, if you are their commander, is to plan your attack-

SO THAT THEY DO NOT GET KILLED.
You hit your enemy with overwhelming force- hard, fast and furiously.

You take them out quickly, so that they DO NOT have the opportunity to return fire. You keep your boys alive!!

9th Mar, 2003 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War? History & Civil Business Politics

LDS,
Do I detect a bit of 'tongue-in-cheek' here?

I don't know because of my english limitation, what do you mean exactly by 'tongue-in cheek' but if you mean I was trying to be bad or tough, then not, I was not trying to be that but to show that I can be tough too if I have support, I'm from the United States of America and I do things because 'I can'.

When you take men, young guys 18-25, into a situation where they may get killed and never go home to Mom and Dad again, your job, if you are their commander, is to plan your attack-
SO THAT THEY DO NOT GET KILLED.
You hit your enemy with overwhelming force- hard, fast and furiously.
You take them out quickly, so that they DO NOT have the opportunity to return fire. You keep your boys alive!!

I wish somebody told that to the Argentinian Military Commanders in the Falkland Islands war in 1982. Military service was 'forced' by law in my country at that time, hundreds of 18 years old died because the 'Commanders' yes the same ones you said they're supposed to protected them didn't have the 'cojones' of fight and instead they prefer to send the kids rather than to fight themselves!!!!!!!
I HATE war, I HATE IT!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Mar, 2003 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

The other part of this issue that has come up is how protestors around the world are demostrating. However, we can look closey and ask ourselves... Should it be against the law or can it be considered mutany if a people go against war with another nation for its own defense? If it is still okay to protest, then should those protests reach such a stage that it actually affects the soldiers fighting? Vietnam I guess can be seen as an example.

From Deseret News:

ANTI-WAR RALLIERS PLAN SIT-INS, WALKOUTS
They have marched and chanted, hoping to use persuasion to prevent war. If that
fails, though, activists are readying a more aggressive strategy of sit-ins and
social disruptions, meant to restore peace in Iraq.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...32031%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

War Arms Show Disarm Iraq

JB
Check the news.
What did I tell you?
US troops started moving into Northern Iraq yesterday through Turkey.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

LDH,
I cannot speak for the Argentinian military.
History shows us that many generals thought that way.
Projected body count was a part of that thinking. It was, and is, disgusting.

Most American generals do not think that way. My father served under General McArthur in WWII, and it is a fact that he lost fewer soldiers than any other general in American history.

He always based his strategy on incurring the least casualties while inflicting maximum damage on the enemy.

The officers of today's (American) Army have that theory drilled into their heads constantly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Mar, 2003 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War - Page 8

LDH

LDS, LDS ;D you called JB JD ;D you're getting old or what? wink.gif

Most American generals do not think that way. My father served under General McArthur in WWII, and it is a fact that he lost fewer soldiers than any other general in American history.
He always based his strategy on incurring the least casualties while inflicting maximum damage on the enemy.
The officers of today's (American) Army have that theory drilled into their heads constantly

I'm so glad to hear that! I think real military people need to think that way, sad enough, not all military people are brave enough to think and act like that . Did you think about how many lives will be lost? (an approx. number?)

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2003 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Iraq Disarm Show Arms War Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

Yes. That is what is meant by body count.
The trick is to go beyond thinking in terms of numbers and start putting faces on those numbers.

For field officers, it's not hard. They are the guys you wake up with, drill with, drink with and trust to guard your back.

> TOPIC: Iraq - Disarm - Show Your Arms - War?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,