Ocean Survival - Page 2 of 3

At sea survival. First off look around you - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Apr, 2008 - 3:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Water, water, water everywhere!
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2004 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival
A Friend

Ocean Survival - Page 2

I think one reason some people just stand there is that they become transfixed in a state of shock. When we got hit by **thinks hard**..erg...what was the last hurricane that hit? Was it Ivan? Anyways, when we were hit by a hurricane, one of my parents' good friend's daughter and husband stayed in their home out on the beach. They walked outside for a brief moment and saw a tornado. Her husband ran for the house, but she was practically frozen in place out of shock. He had to run back and throw her over his shoulder and run to the bathroom. The tornado struck their house and completely demolished it, but they were okay. She wasn't standing there out of fascination, but more out of shock.

It's a hard thing to make your mind consciously tell your feet to move. I imagine there were quite a few people who were in shock to the point of not moving.

MSNBC had an affiliate reporter who was on vacation with his family over there and he reported in. He and his son got caught in the water flood, but they were all right. At first he ran to get his camera, and then came back out. I think that's another factor that gets many people in situations like this. They want to take pictures, and so they stand there like an idiot. Thankfully he saw the need to get out of there and grabbed his son and took off running.

One thing that worries me is how a friend of mine from school is taking it. Indonesia is like her second home because she's been doing summer missionary work there for a couple years, and she has a ton of friends over there.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2005 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival
A Friend

Survival Ocean

I had a bit of ocean survival training in the Navy.

You can make a flotation device out of your pants by A: Taking them off. B: tying the ends of the legs off into separate knots.
C: zip and button them and D: Hold them by the waist end and throw both legs over one shoulder. Then swing that ope end in a small arc towards the water and close the open end quickly. Repeat often.

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2006 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ocean Survival History & Civil Business Politics

MAN IN CRITICAL CONDITION AFTER STINGRAY ATTACK IN BOAT

An 81-year-old man was in critical condition Thursday after a stingray flopped onto his boat and stung him, leaving a foot-long barb in his chest in an accident similar to the one that killed "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/19/stingray.ap/index.html

19th May, 2007 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Survival Ocean

This mother tried to hit a shark with a camera after it bite her on her foot, she thought the shark would have try to attack one of her five children.

A woman who was attacked by a shark on a West Australian reef says all she could think of was fighting it off before it could savage her teenage son wading alongside or the 3-year-old on her hip.

Mother-of-five Becky Cooke, 38, had her heel and calf lacerated by the 2.5 meter shark as she waded across a coral reef with two of her sons at remote Warra Beach, south of Coral Bay, on Wednesday.

From her bed in Royal Perth Hospital Friday she described how scared she had been when she realized she had been bitten and more sharks could be attracted by her spreading blood.

"All I could think of was getting it off my leg so I could get to shore because I did not know if it was alone, or if there were others sharks out there," Cooke said.

Water turned red

Flanked by her husband Peter and sons, Brandon, 13, Hayden, 10, Jacob, 7, James, 6, and Ethan, 3, Cooke explained she had been wading in shallow water with Ethan and Brandon when the shark struck on day four of their nine-day holiday.

"It just felt like something had hit me, at first, I turned around and I saw all this thrashing and the water just turned red...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2007 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Survival Ocean

Surf's Up

In Southern California, surfers are flocking to beaches to catch ocean waves that are surging. Thanks to the return of the Santa Ana winds, the Pacific is seeing swells up to 20 feet high. But the extreme ocean conditions have left at least one surfer dead.
Ref. ABC's Miguel Marquez reported

12th Jan, 2008 - 7:25am / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival

Click through to see the photos - unbelievable!

Cappuccino Coast: The day the Pacific was whipped up into an ocean of froth
By RICHARD SHEARS -

It was as if someone had poured tons of coffee and milk into the ocean, then switched on a giant blender.

Suddenly the shoreline north of Sydney were transformed into the Cappuccino Coast.

Foam swallowed an entire beach and half the nearby buildings, including the local lifeguards' centre, in a freak display of nature at Yamba in New South Wales.

One minute a group of teenage surfers were waiting to catch a wave, the next they were swallowed up in a giant bubble bath. The foam was so light that they could puff it out of their hands and watch it float away.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2008 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival - Page 2

Warning on rising Med Sea levels

Levels in the Mediterranean Sea are rising rapidly, with potentially serious effects in coastal areas, a study finds.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7197379.stm

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2008 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Ocean Survival
A Friend

Ocean Survival Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

At sea survival. First off look around you to see if anything is close by that you can use to get out of the water. If not take inventory of what you have with you. IF your wearing long pants take them off and make a floatation device for yourself. You should try to get your bearings if you can. If you know approximately where you are try to swim in that direction. DO not use all your energy but savor it for it may be a long swim. Rest as much as you can. Watch for any type of aircraft or boat. If you can get to a shipping lane you may be found quicker. All of this I have been told I have not had any experience or training in this so I could be off base a little.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ocean Survival

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,