Why am I Fat? - Page 2 of 3

Tasty foods linked to addiction Sugar and - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 28th Dec, 2011 - 4:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
You might not believe the reason some people give.
31st Dec, 2004 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Why am I Fat? - Page 2

True JB, but also you don't have to be a health guru to know that junk food is bad and yes, we all love it and we know is not good to eat it sad.gif. So I do not personally think that Mc Donalds or any other food chain should have the responsibility to teach to their customers how their food is going to affect them. That's the responsibility of the customer to make a research and take charge of what theyre eating. In my opinion of of course like Farseer says wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2004 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Fat I Why

LDS_Forever said:

international QUOTE
I do not personally think that Mc Donalds or any other food chain should have the responsibility to teach to their customers how their food is going to affect them.

Exactly. And if consumers would do their research and STOP EATING at McDonalds, not only would they be healthier, but McDonalds would have to change their menu or go out of business.

IMO
Roz

*laugh* smile.gif you can use my "Tag line" I don't mind.

16th Dec, 2004 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Why am I Fat? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

How far down the food chain can we place the blame? If we blame McDonald's for providing fatty foods, can't we logically sue the beef producers for providing meat to McDonald's? Then, we could probably sue the people who sell feed to the beef producers. I'm glad I didn't go with my childhood desire to be a lawyer. At least as a teacher I'll be able to sleep at night.

16th Dec, 2004 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Fat I Why

No one forced them to eat all of those potato chips, right? But remember how silly those cigarette lawsuits sounded at first? The first several of those lawsuits failed, but eventually, they caught on.

Definitely not the same thing as cigarettes. There is some sort of addiction to tobbaco. Not so to hamburger and potato chip. If someone is addicted to those, it is not because of the food but rather because of his personality and mentality.

16th Dec, 2004 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Fat I Why

Definitely not the same thing as cigarettes. There is some sort of addiction to tobbaco. Not so to hamburger and potato chip.

Well, I can see someone arguing this point as well. If you are raised always eating fatty foods, that is the food to which you have a taste. So, it may not be a physical addiction, but the affect, in the end, is the same. Also, the fact that we sell such foods in school cafeterias could be argued that we are teaching our children when they are young and impressionable to eat such foods.

I read an article yesterday where a hospital is trying to evict McDonald's from its food court because they are a prominent heart hospital and they are tempting their heart patients with such junk.

16th Dec, 2004 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Why am I Fat?

Definitely not the same thing as cigarettes. There is some sort of addiction to tobbaco. Not so to hamburger and potato chip

This is definitely questionable. There are studies being done to show that physical addiction to foods is possible. Caffeine is a prime example. If one things that one can't get addicted to caffeine, then they are mistaken. I would not doubt if research shows that addiction to foods is possible, if it hasn't already been shown. So to single out a tobacco addiction as different from a potato chip addiction may not be completely true.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Feb, 2005 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Why I Fat - Page 2

Well, Mc Donalds will have to pay millions for making people fat…

international QUOTE
McDonald's to pay $8.5 million in trans fat lawsuit

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- McDonald's has agreed to pay $8.5 million to settle a lawsuit over artery-clogging trans fats in its cooking oils, the company said Friday.

McDonald's said it will donate $7 million to the American Heart Association and spend another $1.5 million to inform the public of its trans fat plans.

The settlement is the result of litigation from a San Francisco-area activist who has been seeking to raise public awareness of the health dangers from the trans fatty acids (TFAs) in hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.

Trans fats are used in thousands of processed food products, often giving the crunch to french fries, cookies and cereals…

Source

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2011 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Why I Fat Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Tasty foods linked to addiction

Sugar and fat produce changes in the brain which resemble the effects of addictive drugs, a Waikato University scientist says. Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why am I Fat?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,