The Matrix - Revolutions - Page 2 of 2

THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS Neo discovers that - Page 2 - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 18th Jul, 2011 - 10:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
The review in detail.
12th Dec, 2004 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

The Matrix - Revolutions - Page 2

Matrix

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 1-Sep 04, 7:31 PM)
The end scene of Revolutions with Neo and Smith can only make sense if...

1. The one Smith was all the might and power of all the other Smiths he had copied, else how would you explain why Smith was suddenly Neo's equal'?

2. Unless Neo purposely did not fight as hard, well we know in the very last he did not fight at all, but I am not talking about that.

3. Neo had entered a world where Smith was his own 'Neo' or at least had all the power of Neo, why do I say that? Well notice in Smith's world he could fly!

What are your thoughts?

I just re-watched Revolutions last night and here are my thoughts on it:

1. Smith as we all know, did take over every plugged-in human in the Matrix, thus becoming the greatest program within the Matrix. Neo was "The One" which undoubtedly meant he was the entire Matrix in the form of one person. Notice I dont say human, because I am still contemplating whether Neo was human, machine or both. Therefore Neo and Smith were equals but opposites, therefore the reason why they cancelled each other out at the end.

2. Neo could have continued fighting and neither would have ever won, because they were equals. Neo couldnt overpower Smith and vice versa. This is why Neo had to realize that by allowing Smith to take him over, he was in effect cancelling Smith out. Neo had the ability to choose this, Smith did not. His purpose was to take over Neo, he could not choose. Neo did and could choose. That was the main difference between the two.

3. In the Matrix, Neo and Smith were now equals. Smith represented everyone in the Matrix, including all programs like Seraph, Sati and The Oracle. Neo was the Matrix, he was the culmination of the Matrix and always had been. Similar to the Trainman's domination of the Train Station. That was his domain and he made the rules there.

One thing that bothered me in Revolutions was when Sati asked The Oracle if they would ever see Neo again and The Oracle said they might. The Oracle is also skeptical it seems as to how long the Peace will last. Why wouldnt it last? The machines are not going to change their minds, they cannot choose to do so because they have no concept of choice. Will the humans decide that because only the Zionites are free but there are still those plugged in that everyone has to be free, and decide to continue waging war. What will be the mission of those in Zion? Will they continue trying to free minds? Will they live their lives and ignore those who are plugged in knowing that the machines are no longer after them to destroy them? Will there be a need for agents anymore since Zion is no longer a threat? What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2011 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Revolutions Matrix The

THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS Neo discovers that somehow he is able to use his powers in the real world too and that his mind can be freed from his body, as a result of which he finds himself trapped on a train station between the Matrix and the Real World. Meanwhile, Zion is preparing for the oncoming war with the machines with very little chances of survival. Neo's associates set out to free him from The Merovingian since it's believed that he is the One who will end the war between humans and the machines. What they do not know is that there is a threat from a third party, someone who has plans to destroy both the worlds.

The Matrix - Revolutions
The Matrix - Revolutions (Hover)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Matrix - Revolutions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.