What Kind Of Pbb Forum Rpg Would I Run? - Page 2 of 2

I'm actually well familiar with the - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 29th Jan, 2010 - 6:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

03rd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 
29th Jan, 2010 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of Pbb Forum Rpg Would I Run? - Page 2

I'm actually well familiar with the concept of BASH, as I frequent a number of game forums, and I found the free Fantasy edition interesting but a general idea of the system itself was not in the download, though I found it on the game's site - seems simple enough, and I am intrigued about the powers and not having to track pools and such. About 15 bucks for the Ultimate Edition seems objectively reasonable... But because I'm cheap and an old gamer than bought the physical Feng Shui book for $15, forking over that same amount for a PDF of a game I don't know a lot about is a fairly tough decision. I paid 5 bucks for the Wushu rpg, so the best I'd do is buy the basic rules for 6.50.

I could probably throw together my own system without a whole lot of difficulty, good enough for forums anyway, but an already existing system and powers for 7 bucks is an example of a tradeoff for me as a GM, not having to do as much - but I'll have to think about it, as I look over my notes and current structure and try to find a way to piece it together in a way that is simple but efficiently complete, with powers that don't require a lot of work. Having never run a Superhero RPG, it is hard for me to gauge things like that, as I can't just look at a system or idea and eyeball it, saying "Yep, this one will work great". I so notice there really aren't a whole lot of superhero scenarios anywhere, which is too bad, as I'm not good at coming up with stuff, or even using "seeds" - I just can't seem to build a proper adventure with the needed stuff like intro, twists, conflicts, climax and such.

But I'm still mulling all this over.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Kind Of Pbb Forum Rpg Would I Run?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,