Your Favourite Cartoons - Page 11 of 12

I've seen some of the 80s cartoons - Page 11 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2010 - 8:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 
Remeber when... Key Comic Thread
Your Favourite Cartoons Related Information to Your Favourite Cartoons
  • Aliens From Outter Space - Do you believe?
  • 1st Jan, 2009 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Your Favourite Cartoons - Page 11

I've always loved the Justice League because of the continuing story line. Each character has a special interest and its good to see them evolve.

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 19th Mar, 2009 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

Your Favourite Cartoons
    A Friend

Cartoons Favourite Your

Batman
    X-Men
    Sonic SatAM
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Pinky and the Brain

smile.gif All great shows. I still hum the Sonic SatAM, TMNT and X-Men theme songs sometimes.

20th Mar, 2009 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Your Favourite Cartoons Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Pinky and the Brain yes that was a hoot. I am going to have to look some up for the boys to watch, Same with Ren and Stimpy.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2009 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Your Favourite Cartoons
    A Friend

Page 11 Cartoons Favourite Your

The old Batman:The animated series will probably always be my favorite cartoon series of all time. Some of the stories that were told there were what made me really want to become a writer. I used to watch the X-men cartoon and TMNT frequently(and still have the themes stuck in my head).

For comedy, it was either Animaniacs or Freakazoid. Some people thought those cartoons were a little too weird but I thought it was the perfect amount of weirdness and slapstick humor. Of course, you can rarely go wrong with any of the old Looney Tunes cartoons, too.

27th Jan, 2010 - 7:42am / Post ID: #

Cartoons Favourite Your

I enjoyed many, many cartoons growing up, or at the time I thought I did, and later I found out what trash I had watched. But I definitely had and have my preferences for the style and content of cartoons.

I used to get up at 6am to watch the Superfriends "(AT THE HALL OF JUSTICE..."), but for the life of me now I can't figure out why, as I love sleep too much. Spider-Man was terrific, any incarnation of it, even the godawful live-action segment on Sesame Street or whatever the show was, though I liked the live action series itself much better, though I guess it doesn't count since it wasn't a cartoon.

Scooby Doo was a regular for me, though I wasn't in-depth with a real liking for it, it just served well as somewhat intelligent entertainment, different than most stuff that was on at the time. I felt weird about the second generation Scooby Doo cartoon, with just Shaggy, Daphne and Scooby (and maybe Scrappy?) and Vincent Price and the Demon Chest, which actually had definite ghosts and demons, whereas the original series was all about unmasking the paranormal monsters to find out the thing that's been chasing you all day is "Old Man Hargrove" - a jarring turn in the Doo mythos.

I got in on the seeming inundation of new and transitory cartoons of the 80s, where it was impossible to keep up with all the cartoons, a lot based on movies and video games and such. I enjoyed Turbo Teen, Teen Wolf, Hulk Hogan's Rock'N'Wrestling, Galaxy High, and of course Dungeons and Dragons ("Hey look! The Dungeons and Dragons ride!"). There are surely a bunch I've forgotten that I really liked.

On the later on parts of my life, and later TV schedules, the original Transformers was awesome, and GI Joe was a good second but I never got into it like TF. Staying with the more realistic type art, I next enjoyed He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and yes, even She-Ra, Princess of Power. But for that matter, I had a fascination with Jem and the Holograms because I just couldn't grasp who in the world it was aimed at. Oh I almost forgot Don Bleuth's Dragon's Lair with Dirk the Daring, from the laserdisc arcade game, OH! And Thundarr the Barbarian! ("With his companions, Princess Ariel and Ookla the Mok, and his fabulous SUN SWORD, he bursts his bonds...")

I used to watch the USA Express on cable which had all kinds of old or what I'd call off-center cartoons like Space Ghost, Herculoids and such, and then also Heathcliff and Riffraff and such. Oh, have to say I liked the Star Trek animated series.

Things I've watched since then, when I was older and was what some people think is too old, I really, really enjoyed the "Real" Ghostbusters, and loathed that other ridiculous name ripoff with the ape and the talkiing ghost car. I worked third shift so I would watch this when I came in from work, with my cousin, who was getting ready for school - it was our ritual.

Turtles were not bad, grew on me. I got into Batman the Animated Series and was surprised at some of the content. I didn't like the anime and angular looking Spiderman relaunch. I also have to admit to I watched the Warner Brothers, though my main parts of that were of course Pinky and the Brain and Chicken Boo, maybe Mime Time, and Katie Ka-Boom was a fascinating spoof experiment but nothing of any duration.

Sort-of adult-wise, I got to where I liked Ren and Stimpy, the Tick was great and finally much later, South Park when someone I met online sent me the tape of their first season, and finally got into the Simpsons some and even recently, although I beat myself in the head with a shoe, sometimes watch Family Guy.

Looking back, and reading about these, I realize TV, especially Saturday morning, was a vast wasteland of mediocre or worse cartoons with very little to no production values or art effort. Somehow I enjoyed them then anyway.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2010 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Your Favourite Cartoons
    A Friend

Your Favourite Cartoons

I'm a child of the 80's. And In my opinion, that's where the best cartoons were. I go to You Tube now just to get a break from what my kid watches and watch some REAL cartoons! YEAH! In fact I notice these days all the"remakes" of 80's toons... They have to draw from the bag with all the best stuff!

Anyways... Ninja Turtles was probably my favorite (the humorous 80's version that is)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 24th Mar, 2010 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Your Favourite Cartoons
    A Friend

Your Favourite Cartoons - Page 11

We got cable TV by the time I was about thirteen and from that day on I was literally glued to the TV screen. We had a channel, Tele5, airing cartoons all day and I could never get enough. My most favorite series were Queen Millennia, Thundercats and Saber Rider, but I was a huge addict back in the day and also enjoyed the Galaxy Rangers, X-Men, Brave Starr, Captain Future... Phew, I can't name them all.

Reconcile Edited: Scythe on 24th Mar, 2010 - 10:40pm

3rd Apr, 2010 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Your Favourite Cartoons Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 11

I've seen some of the 80s cartoons and all I can say is I feel sorry for you guys. By today's standard the animations were really poor back then but I guess like in your time that was like new age or something.

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: Your Favourite Cartoons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,