The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 8 of 28

QUOTE (Maicman @ 6-Dec 04, 9:12 AM) "The - Page 8 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th Jan, 2005 - 12:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2004 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 8

Sadly, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Why is that sad? I'm not exactly a fan of the setting and backdrop. The main thing I like is the characters, their personalities, and the humor. Plus, the story pacing is actually going so smoothly that I like to see what happens next.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2004 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

The best book I have ever read would have to be The Count Of Monte Cristo. I love the plot. I can read that book over and over again, and every time I find something new that adds something to the plot.

5th Dec, 2004 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I love Monte Cristo too! Along with that category, I also like Les Miserables, and mayor of casterbridge - they all have that same sense of realistic plot twisting which I love!

6th Dec, 2004 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Read You Book The

Realm of the Sword:

Without a doubt Realm of the Sword is the best book I have read since the original dragonlance books came out. Medieval tales, swords, wizards, battles, and all of the characters that create a great medieval tale. The Beginning is the first of a series in the Realm of the Sword, which I am patiently waiting to be published. Philip S Dow has my congrats on this one.

Narrock.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2004 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

"The best" is to much to say but I really liked The Alchemist by Cohelio

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2004 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So difficult to pick one...Partly because I have read so many and partly because I have a bad memory and have forgotten most books I've read. I like John Grisham books, all of his have been great. Really enjoyed "The Partner" I also like Louis L'Amour books, maybe my favorite was Jubal Sacket. I would have loved to have been around in the early 1600's exploring an empty American Continent.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2005 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 8

I am a an avid Sci-Fi/Fantasy reader. Classic novels just haven't grown on me (I have read enough to discover if I really do like them; more than 10) Steinbeck, Hawthorne, Twain just do not entertain me enough although their writings are masterful works of art. But, with not an even close competetor in my mind, The Whell of Time series by Robert Jordan has blown me away. I was in every page of that book. In the shower, or when I am bored, Jordan's world is where I dream that I am. Despite many, many thoughts of how Jordan is just like Lord of the Rings, it is quite the contrary. The Lord of the Rings is dwarfed by these awesome volumes. Many people say that writers like Jordan are really not great writers, for the do not incorporate "key" writing components (such as cryptic messages, etc.). But these novels are excellently written. One will not find in any other novel, movie, series, anywhere a world as detailed and "livable" as Jordan's. You hear the birds chirp, the clash of steel on steel in war, you can smell the surroundings...you do not know the pure joy of reading untill you have read these. They are quite intimidating in size, but once you start reading you will wish they were longer. The novels are not repetitive as many claim; they get better the further into the series (Only one not up-to-par with others is New Spring: The Novel--it just had too limited of a plot). I dare any reader to find a novel of any sort with a more enriched world, charcters, plot. Every word hangs in your mind, and there are many mysteries within the novel that keep you occupied upon Rand and co. wehn you are not reading. For me, I cannot truly write how engrossed in these novels I am, for it is impossible to depict. I highly recomend for every person to pick up a copy of The Eye of the World (Start there, not at New Spring: The Novel--it will be easier to understand). Hopefully you love the novels as much as I do, for this "obsession" is quite an experience.

14th Jan, 2005 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 8

QUOTE (Maicman @ 6-Dec 04, 9:12 AM)
"The best" is to much to say but I really liked The Alchemist by Cohelio

Yes, I liked the alchemist too. Did you now that most of Cohelio's stories are based on his experience? He himself tried for a time to find the philosoper's stone. shocked.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,