Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5 of 16

[quote]sexual harrasment isn't taken seriously - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 15th Oct, 2003 - 6:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »

?
Poll: [Added 24 March, 2006]: What do you think about the level of Sexual Harrasment in T&T...
  It is ridiculous, tougher laws are needed       60.00%
  It is really bad, but is now an 'acceptable' culture       26.67%
  It is bad, but I live with it       0.00%
  I really have not thought about it       13.33%
  I am guilty of this and need to change       0.00%
  I am guilty of this and will not change       0.00%
Total Votes: 15
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Why do women in Trinidad & Tobago have to be disrespected and persecuted? If you are fed up of it come let us know!
3rd Sep, 2003 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5

[quote]I think that women dress for the same reason men do. Clothes help define who we are. Just go by the theory of residual self image from the matrix. If a woman desides to wear skimpy clothing then there must be some sort of desire for sexual attention from another. You can be dressed to look good but also not to be offensive or to offer yourself off as a meal ticket. [/quote]

AMEN to that!. I totally agree with you, 100%!!!!!!!!. I walk in the streets and I cannot believe how some women dress in this country, they're almost naked in my opinion! *shaking head*. But you have to agree with me in something, for instance, no matter how a woman dress, men in Trinidad has always something to say, whether the woman wears or not that type of clothing. :smile.gif

16th Sep, 2003 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

Recently the local television showed a comedy show featuring comedians from the Caribbean and especially Trinidad. The supposed jokes were all about sex and the woman. Everyone laughed at what was in my mind a 'downgrade' of the local woman. It is ashame, they even find it funny the way men treat women here.

16th Sep, 2003 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

True JB, I used to feel sorry for the Trinidadian women in general because of this but I don't anymore, because only few of them think that sexual harrasment is a real thing, most of them do not feel harrassed in any way, and they even flirt with the guys who tells them those things so why shoyld I feel pity for them?. No way, I know how to defend myself, and I do understand those Trini women who cannot stand this in this country but for the rest, I don't care...

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2003 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Page 5 Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

Yes I agree "sexual harrasment" is not good and should stop, some years ago leader of the UNC crowd Basdeo Panday was arrested by the Cops for touching a little 15 yr old hindu school girl very inaproriately ( she claimed that he was putting his hand up her dress etc) but the charges where DROPPED because many ppl cried "foul" and the Lawyers from central came out in force to support this "leader" one friend of mine even called me and told me that he knew that it was the "white ppl" who was paying her to say these things and that it was not Panday fault etc,

now I'am quite sure if it was a non hindu politician he and many others would've looked at the situation in a much different manner, but I do regret he was not jailed for his or at leasted dis barred from practicing Law, and I think the poor girl's family who had brought the charges against him were themselves "harrassed" by UNC ppl if Panday had paid the ultimate price for that little girl's humiliation it would have sent a powerfull massage to the larger male community that this type of behaviour will No longer be tolerated it was indeed a sad day for justice and for women in T&T and beyond.  

27th Sep, 2003 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

LuvCommando... you have inside info about Panday and the 15 year old girl or are you just speculating?

27th Sep, 2003 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

LuvCommando, I never heard of this before....where can I get more info? when this happened?

15th Oct, 2003 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5

What about that pervert / rapist that has been going around UWI? Many of the students says that sexual harrasment isn't taken seriously until enough women are reaped. I use the word 'enough' for whatever it is worth because when one or two rapes happen it is not dealt with urgency as it ought.

15th Oct, 2003 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

[quote]sexual harrasment isn't taken seriously until enough women are raped. .[/quote]

it's true you know. For years girls have been reporting this kind of nonsense on campus. No one has been taking this seriously.
UWI administration reflect the attitudes of many Trinidadians....only when things become unbearable, THEN they do something about it

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (16) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,