Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 7 of 16

QUOTE First off if the man arouses something - Page 7 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Sep, 2004 - 9:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (16) »

?
Poll: [Added 24 March, 2006]: What do you think about the level of Sexual Harrasment in T&T...
  It is ridiculous, tougher laws are needed       60.00%
  It is really bad, but is now an 'acceptable' culture       26.67%
  It is bad, but I live with it       0.00%
  I really have not thought about it       13.33%
  I am guilty of this and need to change       0.00%
  I am guilty of this and will not change       0.00%
Total Votes: 15
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Why do women in Trinidad & Tobago have to be disrespected and persecuted? If you are fed up of it come let us know!
13th Nov, 2003 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 7

swttrini, wow what a story!!! I'm so sorry you went through that horrible experience!!! is amazing to me how Trinis or people in general are not sensitive at all, even when somebody is hurt. It makes me really mad.
I plan to write a letter to the Trinidad Express, as a journalist I'm sick to read some of their articles specially the ones about rape where the title of the article is something like 'Old man gets 10 years in jail for sex with teen' and then when you read the article you see that in fact it was a rape! that the guy forced the girl to do it!!! what's wrong with this country? I see so many articles like that, I'm fed up and I will write to Express because this is sickening. If from the Media rape is something that is not being seeing as 'bad' then what do we expect from the law and the sickos out there!

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2003 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

LDS i am so glad to know that you are planning to write a letter please let me know what i can do i'd like to get a copy of that article...[quote]If from the Media rape is something that is not being seeing as 'bad' then what do we expect from the law and the sickos out there! [/quote] and yuh right!

14th Nov, 2003 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Thanks! I will write the letter tonight and send it through e-mail, I will let you know if the publish it. Thanks for your support smile.gif

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2004 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

Well, well, well.....I'll tell you something: I just realize that it is a common story that of feeling degradated with the man's behavior in front of a woman. That's not happening just in Trinidad but in all the Americas. We have to do something to change this. Writing letters to a newspaper as LDS_forever is planning to do is a very good idea. and many other actions have to be taken. Go ahead all of us"¦..things are not going to change by letting the time passing by . And good lock in our objective-seeking process !!!

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2004 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 22-Feb 03, 9:59 PM)
You cannot walk in peace in the streets without hearing somebody that tells you something like 'Hi baby, you need help?'

almost the exact words i said when i first laid eyes on Mrs Key Boi

picture this, 2 years ago, San Francisco, corner of 14th & Minna

i see this hot indian chick behind the wheel of a Ford and she's cranking the car over and over trying to get it to start. She has this look on her face like "PLEASE OH, PLEASE START!"

it doesn't

she gets out of the car looking totally lost and helpless. It was obvious that she was from out of state because she looked so unsure of her surroundings

i approach, and with a face of brass i said

"Hey beautiful, need some help? yuo seem to be having some problems there"

in hot as dope Trini accent she replies "my car won't start, and i've left my mobile phone at the hotel, i need to call the rental company, do yuo have a mobile i could use?"

"no need to call the rental company, i can help" i reply

"really?" she replies smiling "are yuo a mechanic?"

"have yuo a ever seen a mechanic wearing a $2,000 Varvatos suit?"

she shakes her head

"didn't think so! but don't worry hun, just watch this"

i pull out my cell and call up Benzio Boi and the conversation went thus

BENZIO BOI "YO! WHAT'S UP KEY BOI?"

CKB: "MY CRED AND CHEDD, DO NEVER TEST"

BENZIO BOI: "RA!'"

CKB: "PROBLEM AT 14TH & MINNA, HOTTIE WITH A RIDE THAT WON'T START"

BENZIO BOI: "WHY DOESN'T SHE GET THE CRAP FIXED OR GET A BENZ?"

CKB: "HOTTIE JUST GOT INTO TOWN, RIDE'S A RENTAL, NEED YUO TO COME DOWN AND FIX RIGHT AWAY"

BENZIO BOI: "I'M ROLLIN' , HOLLA ATCHA DAWG"

CKB: "WORD UP!"

i turn around to my future wife, who upon hearing that conversation was looking slightly worried. In explanation i said "that's how we do things in the Bay Area". That seemed to reassure her

5 minutes later, Benzio Boi pulls up in his Benz Convertible, top down chrome spinnin'. He gets out, gives me a knowing nod, walks over to the Ford, pops the hood, fiddles with some crap, cranks the engine over a few times, and it starts

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" he shouts. He walks over and i hand him a large envelope. Without saying a word, he pockets the envelope, gives me a hug, gets back into his Benz and drives off

the future Mrs Key Boi says to me in astonishment "who was that!?!?"

"just one of my bois" i replied

i could see that she was impressed, so i asked her what she was doing that evening and the rest is history as they say

i could post some more about that first ever date, but only if i'm not boring anyone

- Car Key Boi,
aint no shame in my game / word is bond

17th Mar, 2004 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Mina, I am actually interested as to if you experienced this problem while in Trinidad, because although i know it happens in a lot of places (an I have lived in a lot of places0 I do not think it is as bad as here...

Now for the offtopic part smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif

Offtopic but,
CarKeyBoi...

1. I fail to see what this has to do with the subject at hand
2. Why does almost every thread you put have to be always focused on YOU!
3. You have interesting contributions, but keep ON topic and with the SUBJECT matter.
4. Note your charisma is not looking good, when it gets to '-2' you cannot post.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2004 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago - Page 7

I think all this negative sentiments about men making cat calls to women is unfair.
First off if the man arouses something in a woman by simply his looks no matter how corny his comments are she will accept the "harrassment". Women are emotional and intuitive and more forgiving. So most times if she don't take a liking to the potential suitor she reacts like LDS. This is not a knock on women simply a defense of men. Now..... some men are jerks with their comments but a vast majority are meaningful. Just look at how many relationships have developed from some initial comment towards a woman... come on!!!! There are no manuals as to how to approach a woman except the male instinct.
Believe it or not some women get off on those very comments that LDS gets much despleasure from. It is unfortunate that she was one of those that don't.
If women dislike that very much, explain how women.... well young women like the "thug guy". There are different phases in life we all go through and some men or women get stuck in them and those who move on often meet those that stayed back hence the bad experiences. I don't believe this is a pervasive behavior in any society just that in certain cultures in a certain class level. Smart people do smart things and ignorant people do things that are unacceptable. Stupidity and intellingence do not co-exist in the same mind. While stupidity requires no effort intelligence comes from life's lessons over time.

17th Sep, 2004 - 9:54am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 7

First off if the man arouses something in a woman by simply his looks no matter how corny his comments are she will accept the "harrassment".

First off, this makes no sense. That 'if' that you use there is really a big 'if' and the point is most women are not arroused by this approach unless they are the low classed kind that have no self-respect. I know this beause I speak with the self respecting women and then I also see the ones with no moral value that fall for this approach.

There are no manuals as to how to approach a woman except the male instinct.

Actually there are, you just have to know where to find them. Most Trini men don't take the time to develop their personality before making an approach so they think whatever they dish out is fine - not so!

If women dislike that very much, explain how women.... well young women like the "thug guy".

I do not know if that is a question or statement, but which ever it is... it makes no sense.

Now here is a tip: Go to the start of this thread and read ALL the messages given, yes, all the pages, and then come up with a constructive reply.

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,