Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13 of 16

The truth is that a lot of women like being - Page 13 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th Nov, 2008 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

?
Poll: [Added 24 March, 2006]: What do you think about the level of Sexual Harrasment in T&T...
  It is ridiculous, tougher laws are needed       60.00%
  It is really bad, but is now an 'acceptable' culture       26.67%
  It is bad, but I live with it       0.00%
  I really have not thought about it       13.33%
  I am guilty of this and need to change       0.00%
  I am guilty of this and will not change       0.00%
Total Votes: 15
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Why do women in Trinidad & Tobago have to be disrespected and persecuted? If you are fed up of it come let us know!
15th Apr, 2008 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13

Yes it is very sad that no one could walk down the street anymore without being subjected to some kind of harassment. LDS your story reminded me about what happened to a friend of mine two years ago. My good friend Charlotte was six months pregnant with her first child and her belly was huge. During her pregnancy, she had a craving for honey roasted nuts and there was a particular nuts vendor she would buy from everyday. One afternoon, she quietly stood in line by the nuts vendor and this young guy came up to her from nowhere and said:

"OOO GOSH GYUL! What is that, what is that? Why yuh belly so big gyul?"

Charlotte had a difficult day and was in no mood to tolerate these insipid remarks. She turned around, glared at the man and said in the loudest voice she could muster:

"Well if you must know, I have a lot of gas!"

The nuts vendor began to tremble while he was taking out nuts for the customer before Charlotte. He tried his best not to burst into laughter and avoided all eye contact with Charlotte and his other customers. Then everyone else in the queue started looking around to see who was speaking and of course, they all laughed at my friend's response. The heckler began to stammer an apology to Charlotte and quickly walked away. The nuts vendor felt sorry for Charlotte and gave her the nuts free of charge that day. He also declared: "Gyul, you eh easy nuh!" laugh.gif

7th May, 2008 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

At the risk of making more enemies than I got already, all I got to say is this. I've experienced some of the worst rejection from a female or group of females since I'm a social freak. Now that said I think sexual harassment in any form is wrong, perpetrated by either sex, but I've been harassed by many and made reports of these things to many, I had to write to the U.N to finally get any kind of respect from anyone, and I'm a guy.
What's worse is that there's no particular sex that harass me. Now I have been diagnosed as a person with a mental illness, so I'm not always coherent or rational, but I still deserve rights and respect.
Now what I think about sexual harrassment in Trinidad is this. All these ,'career women,' who think it's their right to look as though they're partying all day cannot expect to draw men to them that actually care about their ,'feelings.' If you ask me, since I'm kind of old fashioned in the sense that I've always wanted to be married, this new ideology of the career woman needs to stand for itself and fight for it's rights, and with the same literary means as any other idealogy.
It seems all these ,'career women,' do is cry about the abominable sexual urges of grown men. Please it's time this stops and they put their rights foward, then maybe when this happens, they'll have more respect for the process of obtaining rights, and for men.

8th May, 2008 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

What the hell you trying to say bushimdim, that its our fault for being sexually harassed?

8th May, 2008 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Page 13 Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

You know what? I don't even know how to respond to that right now. I'm just saying don't expect people to care about your feelings when you dress like that.
I mean, it occurred to me after my post, when I was thinking about it and what I wrote, that I wear the tightest jeans, take bare backed photos of myself and sling guitars over my back, so I guess that's why no one cares about my feelings.
Is that right? It can never be, but I've earned my respect, I paid for those photos, I had to write the United Nations just to get some respect, and from that experience, not only have I become a more understanding person in regards to how things work and procedures, I have learnt also to appreciate women more...
And I still hate them, but at least I think I respect them more, just not very openly...that's a crazy question.
That's what I meant..

4th Jun, 2008 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

A local clinical psychologist (cannot remember her name) said (paraphrasing) on TV 6 that because Trinidad has many mentally ill people and also has a low view of women in society that crimes against children is rampant. It takes a clinical psychologist to reveal this to Trinidad, you will not get any average Trinidadian to admit that. Look at the hundreds that have joined this Community only to try and paint a different picture.

19th Jun, 2008 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

A down to earth letter from a teenager who describes exactly how young women and women in general are treated in this country.

As a teenaged girl, I have heard that sound "psst'' too often. Not only from boys in my age bracket whom I laugh at and easily ignore but men who are old enough to be my father or even my grandfather!

Before it was just a slight irritation but now it is really beginning to affect me in every aspect of my life. Socially it has affected me because I'm not allowed certain freedoms I consider to be my right. I believe due to the present crime wave and vicious attacks on young children my mother has become paranoid.

I am not allowed out of her sight for any length of time.

Mentally I'm confused and sometimes a bit humiliated because the unwanted attention and advances sometimes occur in front of the adults accompanying me. I am baffled because I don't know how to react to their actions and wonder why I receive this sort of attention as I am not fully developed for my age although I have seen girls younger and even smaller than myself receive the same attention.

If I ignore them I risk being chastised and disrespected.

I am disgusted and I feel that this situation should be addressed either by the population or by parents and children and those in supposed authority.

Not many girls like me know that you only call dogs in such a manner; some find it flattering.

The sound "psst" should not be directed to me at all. Grown men should exercise their consciences and self-control. So if you are a grown man or a male of any age reading this letter, the next time you go "psst" think, how you would feel if I were your daughter?

CPA

Psst Fedup!

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13

Now that is a interesting letter. To me it sounds like even young ladies can not walk down a street in the daylight without fear of being harassed or worse. I wonder why the police do not do anything to stop some of these males who seem to be nothing but a bunch of sexual predators hanging out looking for something to snatch. I hope the situation does get better down there.

8th Nov, 2008 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 13

The truth is that a lot of women like being talked with they just try to show like they do not like it but they just glad someone telling them they look beautiful or sexy.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,