The Best Roti in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 2 of 2

The best roti is to be had whenever you go - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th May, 2013 - 9:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Where can one go to eat the BEST Roti in Trinidad & Tobago? If you know the place then come share it with us but please do not ONLY focus on taste, consider other IMPORTANT things like: price, service, cleanliness of staff / establishment, hygiene, etc.
The Best Roti in Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to The Best Roti in Trinidad & Tobago
16th Mar, 2007 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

The Best Roti in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 2

I used to like Hotte Shoppe but I think the quality has changed a lot in recent years. There is this little place behind Tunapuna market where they make great rotis.

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2007 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Roti The

I like Hoseins when you eat it you feel full and full for me is good. Those other roti they [..] give you like a pack of corn curls it so small.

25th Dec, 2012 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

The Best Roti in Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I've always heard and read in this Community about how good Patraj's is so last week I had to pay some bills near the oval and decided to go in for a quick bite at the Patraj Oval branch. Here is my review without even tasting it.

Upon entering I ordered a veggie whole wheat dalphuri roti (I do not eat meat) for $20. I found the place unusually crowded for the time (1:45 pm) with one girl serving most of the other servers just going back and forth to the kitchen or wrapping buss-up-shut. Some customers were notably frustrated with the length of time it took to get their order. As I was standing there I was observing the serving girl - she was using her bare hands to take and make the roti in other words without any gloves - that was an immediate turn off for me. I immediately asked for a refund and at the pace they were going I would probably have been there 30 minutes for what should be a relatively fast meal.

I have been to roti restaurants in Trinicity and Long Circular - they charge less AND they wear gloves or at least do not actually touch the food but instead use the wax paper to handle everything. Patraj may be good tasting as they say but until I see better hygiene and a faster serving pace I will give them a miss. If Patraj's management reads this and wants to inform me of the change then by all means Contact Me.

26th Dec, 2012 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tobago and Trinidad Roti The

I am not surprised about this nonsense, but that's the problem, Trini's are very unhygienic when it comes to making food outside and serving customers. I am not sure where is the Patraj Oval branch you was talking about.

2nd Jan, 2013 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Roti The

Felipe what do you exactly mean by Trinis are very unhygienic? It's not unique to Trinidadians, [there] are dirty people everywhere but I agree that sometimes they handle food and money at the same time and that's a no-no.

13th May, 2013 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

The Best Roti in Trinidad & Tobago

Roshnie, the answer is just what said on your post - the way most of these vendors handle food and money at the same time, not also that, sometimes, I see them sneezing or coughing on the food, and I am sure that time these same vendors I saw them sneezing are probably ill. And imagine them handling the food and touching money at top of that - yuck.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th May, 2013 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

The Roti Trinidad & Tobago - Page 2

The best roti is to be had whenever you go to a wake, thanksgiving or memorial service in an indian family's home. Everytime I go to one the rotis are spot on and even better than in the restaurants.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Best Roti in Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,