The Road

The Road - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2012 - 9:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

By Cormac McCarthy
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2010 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

The Road

The Road

What is your review for the novel: The Road by Cormac McCarthy?

Note: To review the movie The Road: Source 2

The Road
The Road (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2010 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

The Road
A Friend

Road The

I read this novel a few years ago and must admit I was disapointed. I was hopeful for a really good post war/end of the world novel but didn't get any of that. The writing was very choppy and, honestly, the story didn't really take off for me. It was just very slow for me.

Of course, I come from the Stephen King world where I expect lots and lots of details and great plot course so, maybe it wasn't the book for me.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2010 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

The Road UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Name: PhilR

Comments: You want to use Stephen King as a standard to compare The Road? King is one of the most choppy writers ever! Anyway, this is about the work of Mr. Cormac McCarthy so let me leave that here. The Road is a brilliant read. You first need to be able to stomach the visualizations of some parts of it but it leaves you wondering what you would do. Recommended read.

23rd Sep, 2012 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Road The

My next mission is to get a hold of the book. I have so loved the movie that I need to get the book for nightly reading. I like invigorating my mind with stories of the reality of life in the worst case scenario and I hope it can help me fall asleep at night, as weird as that sounds.

> TOPIC: The Road

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,