How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 14 of 35

It is funny that you ran to this Thread after - Page 14 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th Feb, 2008 - 3:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
23rd Feb, 2008 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 14

First of all, I don't believe for a second this woman is not a Trinidadian. Her statements of crime not being unique to Trinidad and how negative are the news about T&T are typical cliches of Trinis living abroad. Does this person know how foolish she sounds specially when she says "Trinidad is still a wonderful country to live in!" yet she signs "Amy Williams, Canada" spock.gif

THE EDITOR: It deeply saddens me all the bad news I read daily about your country. After visiting there last year for one month with my husband who is Trini, I cannot understand why there are not more positive articles in your newspaper. You have a wonderful country, and it should be portrayed as so. You are not the only country to experience crime problems. All things considered Trinidad is still a beautiful place to live. Be proud and print some positive in this paper. Your people are hardworking and thoughtful, and do care about their fellow man. Trinidad is still a wonderful country to live in!

AMY WILLIAMS

Canada

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2008 - 9:01am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I have always found that the Trinis who always EMPHASIZE how great a place Trinidad is to live are the ones who are living abroad or heading there. The ones who live here may try to defend certain points, but they still no we are all living in hell with a beach.

25th Feb, 2008 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

He has no idea that people (at least most of us) are very proud of where we were born and we (I) still have affection for the place that gave me life (other than the obvious).

T&T will always be my home depite me living elsewhere! People are where they are and there is nothing to defend because that is the way it is. People have a voice, they speak up as they wish and do what they do.

Hell is not a place but a state of mind meaning if we employ the tools to liberate us (from ignorance, malice, laziness, greed, etc) then we change our outlook to make life better. Some learn it better than others and the rest just refuse to learn.
That is real HELL!

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote the entire post of the user above you. See Constructive Posting Policy.

26th Feb, 2008 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

Page 14 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

He has no idea? Strange reply if in the "he" you are referring to is me. Yenseri, for a moment I thought you were one of the smarter Trinis, but you are falling into the realm of 'typical' Trini with your reply above. Also, I must add that your synopsis only reinforces my point - another Trini abroad ascertaining my mindset living here in the country while they are hundreds of miles away enjoying offerings of another society. Please, live the life we live here then you can talk about mindset. It is mindset, better referred to as culture that has this place the way it is... the mindset of accept anything, care nothing and be as mediocre as possible.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2008 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

It's strange that the people who live here and criticize Trinidad at every (and I mean every) opportunity do so and understand why THEY are still here but they do not understand why other people live outside of Trinidad even if they still love Trinidad.

26th Feb, 2008 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Maybe because unlike many of the closed minded Trinis within the Community some of us have lived all over the world, met Trinis all over the world and have MANY experiences and views to make a conclusion. In other words, some of us have pulled our heads out of the sand, others are still buried deep.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2008 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 14

You make so many judgements based on your experiences without consideration for other people's experiences.
You are here with your family in this primitive place with so many foolish people and you do not want to be here. Understand that there are trinidadians living abroad who are in the same position but due to circumstances are unable to live here.
They, just like you should be free to comment on life in Trinidad. They have lived here and most likely still have family here and obviously are interested otherwise they would not be on this site caters specifically to Trinidad.
I thought that this site was about freedom of opinion.
You should be able to disagree without judging and putting down other people's opinion. Can't we disagree without making derogatory statements about the other person's opinion.

I thought you were one of the smarter Trinis , but you are falling into the realm of 'typical' Trini with your reply above

Just a suggestion.

27th Feb, 2008 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 14

It is funny that you ran to this Thread after months of silence just checking in and looking. Got your bone tickled? I find that Trinis rarely know how to debate. They cannot come with source material for their opinions, so they find it hard to write a descent post. It is easy to see something from one perspective rather than the whole.

I usually respond to Topics that are personally targeted to me rather than targeting someone, but you have chosen to see one side. For instance you did not read:

QUOTE (Yenseri)
Hell is not a place but a state of mind meaning if we employ the tools to liberate us (from ignorance, malice, laziness, greed, etc)

If someone challenges my state of mind and then use specific words then I will challenge them, you see I am not the typical Trini that will allow someone to say something and then stay docile and stupid like a mule taking whatever is dished out, no I react, and with equal force in words.

Now with that said, I want to point out something that continually proves my point about this site. We have MANY Threads that Discuss POSITIVE aspects of Trinidad & Tobago, however, Trinis do not post there, they neither Discuss anything about improvement of the country as in HOW TO, all they do is used similar terms all the time...

1. "Trinidad is a nice place to live"
2. "I am proud to be a Trini"
3. "I love my country regardless"
4. "It happens everywhere so T&T is no different"

And so forth...

If there is so much good then why are you not posting the good, maybe you cannot come up with serious things and have decided to target the things you cannot handle like the brutally honest take on life in Trinidad & Tobago.

In none of those statements is there a backbone as to why Trinidad & Tobago is a GOOD place to live. I would like to see serious arguments as to why one should raise their family here. Is it safe? Is the quality of education good? Is medical good? Are you treated respectably in the streets? Can you expect to have equal rights?

No, Trinis only come here to argue with me about why I do not lighten up to liking this place, so silly. Read the Thread 'Englishman in Trinidad" to see how others see you. I know, I hear them, Trinis do not see it, because they do not want to see it. They love to live with massa telling them what to do and when to do it.

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,