How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 21 of 35

Well, here with a US$1,000 won't - Page 21 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Jun, 2010 - 1:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
22nd Apr, 2010 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 21

I don't know where JusticeLeague is getting his info but with that much money you can live pretty well in Trinidad. You won't be living the most luxirious lifestyle but you will be better off than most of the population.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th May, 2010 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Name: Peaches

Comments: Trinidad has it good points and bad ones. Most of the times things are not better in other countries; the problems are just different.It is only when people leave a country like Trinidad and enter ones like America and Canada, then they become to appreciate their country. People need to realize that citizens make up society. Too many people look at governments to make certain decision when it can be made on an individual and community level.There are so many things that Trinbagonians have that Americans and Canadians can do with and it is the same the other way around.
Many people get the dog and bone reality check when they leave Trinbago. For those who talk a lot one have to be a professional or well qualified technician to make it in the USA.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2010 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I cant believe what I am seeing! I remember T&T as a sweet, friendly, well educated place! I guess everything changes. I have not been to Trinidad in over 7 yrs and through this forum it seems I've missed a lot.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Page 21 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Name: Steggy

Comments: I really didn't know Trinidad was so rough. My husbands' family is from Trinidad and we want to visit with our son to see his great grandfather but now I don't know how I feel about going at all. It seems like anybody is targeted to be kidnapped. Is all this happening in certain areas, cause all cities have crime. Or is it like what I'm gathering from these postings, it's anyone, anywhere and the police are little to no help. I mean, what are you good people supposed to do?

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Name: Nautilius

Comments: Hello all!, I'm a Software Engineer living in Costa Rica and I recently got work offer to move to T&T. I'm considering it, but I don't know anything about T&T. I'm from Colombia and I moved out 2 years ago because the unemployment and violence. Costa Rica is really peaceful and there is plenty of work here. I don't have any problems here but I'm looking for a better job. My biggest concern is to be moving to a country that I don't know at all, I don't know the cost of living and my main goal is to save money for my master's degree. So what would I have to be aware if I decide to move there?
Regards!

16th Jun, 2010 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

Nautilius, the cost of living in Trinidad is VERY high. Could you tell us what salary offer they're giving you? In this way I could tell you what kind of lifestyle you could have here. Do you have any kids, etc? Keep in mind though that the crime situation in Trinidad is troublesome and whether you are poor or rich, live in a good neighborhood or bad neighborhood, crime is present and you need to watch it regardless of your situation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 21

Name: Nautilius

Comments: Thanks for the answer LDS_forever, well I'm still negotiating the salary, and I don't have kids. I do need like a point of reference, like here in Costa Rica you can do fine with US$1000 a month if you live alone, but you will not have room for savings. Actually you can make that amount of money just by working in a non-technical job or a call center here. A software engineer can make here between US$1500 and US$4000 depending on the experience. The T&T company is willing to help me out with some things like housing for 3 months and transportation. I will have to travel a lot and they will cover the expenses. Also they'll pay for the work permit. So I don't have any problem relocating, I can sell my stuff here and just move, the issue is that my main goal is to save for my master's so I don't want to work just for live. Here I can save almost the half of my salary, but the transportation and health services are really expensive compared to Colombian ones, and I'm looking for a more challenging work. So... I don't know, What do you think?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

16th Jun, 2010 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 21

Well, here with a US$1,000 won't even cover a decent place in a nice neighborhood. The rent here in a pretty nice area is around US$2,500 and over without utilities, food, transportation, recreation, etc. Rent is very expensive in Trinidad IF you want to get away from the bad areas or certain areas. Even in the not so nice areas, rent still very high. No way here you would be able to save half of your salary unless what they are offering you really, big, big bucks. Of course, all this if you want to live in a decent area.

The public health facilities are not recommendable. You can be in the emergency room for hours before a doctor or nurse sees you. There is a new government right now who made a lot of promises but you know....

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,