How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 23 of 35

Name: Shajada Country: Comments: Well here - Page 23 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th Aug, 2012 - 9:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
7th Nov, 2010 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 23

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 6-Nov 10, 7:51 PM)
Name: Voom
Perhaps the first step would be placing a greater value for life on this earth rather than seeking a more secured spot in the afterlife would help in refocusing priorities.

Hi Voom, thanks for the feedback. I agree with most of the things you have written in your post. How do you propose teaching greater value for life to locals?

Also, as a foreigner myself I don't think the changes that seem to be simple and obvious could be implemented positively here and accepted since I believe we are talking about a mentality here with strong cultural ties.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2010 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Name: Kay

Comments: I'm an American who has been living in T and T for years now. I totally understand why my Trini friends are so frustrated. I moved here with my husband and son because things in the states had gotten so bad.Those people in the world who say that life in the states is cake have no idea what the average Americans life is like. Loved ones shot, stabbed, raped, drug addicted or have HIV. Its not all peaches and cream. Being poor is being poor no matter where you're from. Times are tough here too for a lot of people, my family included. What I love about T&T is the safety net of family. In the states, good luck you're on your own. My experience here is that most families stick together through good times and bad. There is a lot I miss about the states. Its in my blood and T&T will never truly be my home, but I'm truly thankful to the lovely friends here who have changed my life. Everyone who only experiences one side of the fence wishes that they could cross to the other. Oh how the other side looks so much greener. Trust me its not. 1 in 6 people in the states goes hungry. I know that with my T&T family I'll never have to worry about that. For visitors coming down, enjoy and just be aware. Just like if you travel to NYC for holiday. If I ever go home I know I'll always miss T&T. Not because it was easy, because trust me its not. I'll miss the beautiful folks I've met.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2011 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Cantwaittogohome

Comments: Trinidad is a horrible place to live and I can't wait to get away from it. My 6 year old son attends a private school here because public school was deplorable. The majority of the people are uneducated, but know everything. Customer service is non-existent. Garbage and stray dogs everywhere you look. No pride! The mentality is amazingly stupid, you have a problem you buy a beer! The woman have no class and can't dress..Even my husband ( a Trinidadian ) says he is only attracted to caucasians because of the way he was raised here! The schools still beat children...my list is endless. When I leave I will never ever come back. This place is disgusting!

17th Feb, 2011 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 23 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Cantwaittogohome, wow that was pretty harsh. Just curious, how long have you been in Trinidad and why did you come in the first place? I agree with a lot of things you said, unfortunately are quite true.

7th Mar, 2011 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I enjoy the local cuisine such as bake and shark, curry crab and dumpling, pelau and coo coo, callaloo and fried fish. The beaches here are quite delightful too. But one aspect about Trinidad and Tobago which stands out is, the willingness to help out others. I remember my spouse and I were venturing on Las Cuevas and unknown to us, there was a rip tide current present, where we going to take a swim. A group of young men called out to warn us that someone almost drowned in the same spot we were in, earlier that day. Nice to see people still look out for each other, even though we were strangers to them!

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2011 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

Name: Anna

Comments: I am most disgusted with the increase in crime rate day in day out in this country. People of this country are afraid to walk and the road and are restricted from entering certain area, when we all live in a free country. People I am appealing to you let us fix this country for the betterment of not only us be for our children to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st May, 2012 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 23

Name: Tal

Comments: Everyone will always have a different perspective on any given situation. What makes a place "good place to live" will depend on what you're looking for, or sometimes what you're willing to give up to get most of what you're looking for. I cannot answer the question "is Trinidad a good place to live?" for someone else. One person's experience will always be different from another... On paper Trinidad like any other place will be different from actually living there. I can only answer that question for myself. Just wanted to point something out, according to the opinions of the persons who posted that Trinidad was such an ugly and terrible place, then you would think only Trinidadians who can't afford to leave, live in Trinidad. (no expats.. No foreigners and I'm not only talking about the ones that live in isolation from the rest of the society)In reality, this is not the case, there are people who have made the choice to live in Trinidad when they could have lived elsewhere. The point is... What they are getting from this experience is their own and cannot be someone else's. Only an individual can know what is important to them in terms of lifestyle... I suggest to anyone who is contemplating living anywhere, experience it for yourself first hand then you can make an informed decision. Good luck to All in this this crazy beautiful world.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2012 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 23

Name: Shajada

Comments: Well here is the case I'm thirteen years old and my [great grand] parents on my father side of the family lived in Trinidad and raised their until they moved to Jersey yea they had my dad [..] then my dad had me and my parents split up yea etc. Let me get to the chase I heard I was Trinidadian and I thought was awesome I'm not just black so I decided to go on the internet and do research on Trinidad I found out everything and my last question was "Was it a good place to live or to visit?" I saw some positive comments but a lot of negative comments and I just wanted to know which is it if it's both which areas are good because I heard its a gorgeous island and one day I want to visit it.

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,