How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 24 of 35

Name: Gregory Title: Coming home Comments: - Page 24 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 7th May, 2013 - 2:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
30th Apr, 2013 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 24

I find that Trinidad is a decent place to if your salary is above $12 000TT per month but there is the crime factor that prevents you from feeling completely free from enjoying the wealth.

My experiences:

Friendliness - People are cliquish here and we socialize based on race and class. We can still be quite helpful though from time to time. I can't really compare us to other cultures as I haven't lived nor spent much time abroad. People are not as social as in the past based on comments from the workplace.

Infrastructure - To much sewer drains and broken pavements but at least we have the Priority Bus Route to ease the traffic. We have a lot of infrastructure for our size but some maintenance work and renewal projects are necessary. A lot of fluctuations in the housing though as well as in building in general.

Amenities: There could be more clean parks though. Changing and toilet facilities need to be upgraded and this is changing for the better.

Sports: Mainly cricket, football, basketball courts, and athletics facilities. I played tennis regularly and there were some courts around to play on. I see hiking, cycling clubs springing up.

Restaurants: Good variety for our income and population. We could do with a Taco Bell though.

Crime: Terrible but it's a hit or miss. It could affect you or not at all (like myself)

Scenery: Nice and great variety of avifauna. Conservation is badly needed.

Entertainment: Only cinemas, comedies and carnival oriented stuff. We need more places that plays pan and have live entertainment. I don't hear pan playing enough! We have some pubs.

Food & Groceries: Expensive

Housing: Expensive

Trinidad is very livable if the crime misses you and you

Have a decent salary.

Sponsored Links:
30th Apr, 2013 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

international QUOTE (Cagel)
I find that Trinidad is a decent place to if your salary is above $12 000TT

laugh.gif Well who in Trinidad is making that kind of money these days? Considering that the vast majority make $5,000 and under you are already qualifying your opinion by saying Trinidad is NOT a decent place to live because no one can afford it!

30th Apr, 2013 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

A lot of professionals make that kind of money these days even teachers. After the many rounds of negotiations over the last few years even Senior Library Assistants could make that kind of money.

30th Apr, 2013 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 24 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

You started your message based on salary, a salary that exists for a very few. I don't know where you get your info from but the starting salary for a teacher is around $5,000+ for starting grade. Maybe you're talking about university professors, they get $15,000+. That's besides the point. If you have a lot of money then ANYWHERE can be nice to live. What makes a place nice to live is affordability and availability. I'm not even going to mention safety since its a given that if a place is not safe then it can NEVER be nice to live. If you're living in a posh area then everything will be nice for you. But if you have to get up at 4am to get out of the ghetto to fry chicken then think again. Still some people love T&T simply because of the way they can "Free up themselves".

1st May, 2013 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

A teacher's salary wouldn't be $5000 again. A St. Lucian girl was working in St. Joseph's Convent for $12000 with a Bsc. Or Masters. I remember when I was working at a Secondary School in the 1990s, teachers' salaries were around $5000TT (I saw the payslips) but after several rounds of negotiations they would have risen quite a bit since then. Also lecturers would be receiving a salary a bit higher than that by now including perquisites. Someone just told me about a lecturer in UWI getting well over $20 000TT. A university librarian's starting salary was $10 000 in 2000 and after many rounds of negotiations they would've risen substantially. Even the lowest clerks in a Credit Union work for $5 600 now.

Lots of people working as professionals in Telecommunications companies, the Petrochemical companies, the Private Sector personnel, Senior Civil Servants, University Lecturers and Librarians, Management staff, Administrative Assistants, Accountants, IT professionals, Health and Safety Officers, Economists, Medical Practitioners, Dentists, Lawyers etc and anyone in management working for a foreign conglomerate can easily make $12 000. Even clerks in TSTT make $ 10 000+ I'm sure that we are talking about 20% of the working population especially with the introduction of GATE.

Reconcile Edited: Cagel on 1st May, 2013 - 12:18am

4th May, 2013 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

Cagel, a Teacher I/II is making around $8,000. And a teacher III (full degree) is making 10,000 approximately before tax with the new increase. The girl who is making 12,000 has a masters and probably has been working in the system for a while. These numbers are not just basic salaries. There are teachers making less than 8,000 and I don't know of any clerk on TSTT who is making a salary of 10,000.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th May, 2013 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 24

Thanks Pandora, I respect the figures you provide as you work in this sector. I still think that Trinidad is better than a lot of developing countries to live even with the crime rate but then again I don't have the experience to verify, no?

Post Date: 7th May, 2013 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 24

Name: Gregory

Title: Coming home

Comments: I thinking of moving back home but I would like to know which is [the] best area to move to don't want no crime area.

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,