How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 4 of 35

I have deamnt about living on a tropical island, - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th May, 2003 - 11:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
3rd Apr, 2003 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 4

@ Lafemme - calm down, because you spoke in the first person  about pointing fingers you sound a bit condescending, but I understand what you are saying. It is your style of expression.

Iam not against Journalist, I appplaud them, they have the balls to say things that others would sweep under the carpet.

Yes they do, but they are very biased and need to do more research and followup. A lot of the reporters and announcers here are the same old people doing the same old things, much like the typical man on the street.

WHY I TRY TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHTER SIDE.

It is good to be optimistic, but so do the generals in Iraq, each day when they get up to a press conference they keep saying they are in control and their forces are there, but yet still the coalition has the whole country surrounded? The same is true with Trinidad, everyday you hear the comissioner or the police or the pm say we have everything under control, but all you see is rape, murder, and kiddnappings?

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2003 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

lafemme, I perfectly understand how you feel. The situation in my country Argentina is worst than Trinidad and I have my family there and it concerns me constanly for their safety and economic situation. But what I think you're trying to do is convince yourself in a way by seeing 'the bright side' of things like you mentioned, but the facts still there, there is nothing you can do about it. You can close your eyes and pretend is not there but it's there, so even though I understand that it may be hard for you, being in denial will not help you or your family. The only thing we can do is to pray that things will improve for all of us.

10th Apr, 2003 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

You can close your eyes and pretend is not there but it's there

You know what, I am constantly amazed at how Trinidadians fall into this trap and can NO LONGER SEE where they are going.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2003 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

Page 4 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I think that there is good and bad to every country. Trinidad certainly has its disadvantages but at the same time if you are born here, you are comfortable with the lifestyle.
On the other hand if you think of the rising crime rate esp. the onslught of kidnappings, then that in itself is enough to send people running outside of T&T.
We can't really blame Trinis for wanting to get the best out of life without being fearful for their life or their inability to maintain a reasonable standard of living.
In order to safeguard your family's welfare, sacrifice of the sun and fun is necessary to many.

2nd May, 2003 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I am a(an): Trinidadian

Trinidad certainly has its disadvantages but at the same time if you are born here, you are comfortable with the lifestyle.

:spock: I am certainly not comfortable here.

In order to safeguard your family's welfare, sacrifice of the sun and fun is necessary to many.

Yes! Very true, but tell that to the typical Trini and they will laugh at you or ignore you completely.

3rd May, 2003 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

I found this web site of an American woman married to a Trinidadian and their experience living in Trinidad. The whole process of Immigration also. The site is like journal's entries. I found this two very interesting....

"August 2002 - We have decided to leave Trinidad. The political corruption and the racial discrimination are just too great here. This is too small an island for that kind of nonsense. While we're well aware that these are complaints in all countries, we recognize that in Trinidad they are particularly pronounced. The people are too accepting of stupidity, and we don't believe that change is possible because the people don't really want any change. Therefore, we are applying for permanent residency in the United States for my dear husband

January 2003 - This is my last entry. We are grateful and pleased to have returned to the United States. To anyone who wants to move to Trinidad, all I have to say is "Don't!" Please visit Tobago, and have a lovely vacation there. Take a day or two to visit Trinidad ... be sure to see Asa Wright, and go to tea at Mount Saint Benedict. But don't try to live here. This country isn't completely devoid of virtue, but it's suffiently hidden so as not to warrant attention.

https://www.geocities.com/paigepersad/

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th May, 2003 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 4

This is too small an island for that kind of nonsense. While we're well aware that these are complaints in all countries, we recognize that in Trinidad they are particularly pronounced. The people are too accepting of stupidity, and we don't believe that change is possible because the people don't really want any change.

I particularly agree with the above and even more so with the people too accepting of stupidity. I see it everytime I go to the city or even Church, basic, basic, basic principles of life are treated like a joke by them.

Post Date: 26th May, 2003 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

I have deamnt about living on a tropical island, but after this review I am not so sure. I guess all the posters with blue beaches and palms is just a coverup for hidden problems.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,