How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 5 of 35

I am a(an): Trinidadian Current Location: - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 26th Aug, 2003 - 8:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
26th May, 2003 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 5

I have deamnt about living on a tropical island, but after this review I am not so sure. I guess all the posters with blue beaches and palms is just a coverup for hidden problems.

Yes, I understand. I thought about the same thing before coming to live here. The idea of a Caribbean island with beautiful beaches and coconuts trees just form a little part of how the country is. I do not know about the other islands of the Caribbean but certainly Trinidad is going through real hard times and safety issues are not being resolved. It worries me a lot. sad.gif

Sponsored Links:
27th May, 2003 - 7:38am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Well Trinidad & Tobago is a beautiful island, I think only Wales can contest its' beauty, but the people within, and I am talking about the MAJORITY of people within the country care little for the bigger issues that affect social programmes and development, hence there is a hole left wide open for all the criminal elements to 'run free' on society and its' youth.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I think that living in Trinidad has a lot of benefits..but these days I cannot put aside the rampant crime sprees going on..the senseless murders..kidnappings the torture meted out to families whose only crime is having a higher than average bank balance (though in some cases that is pure speculation as depicted by what was said by kendra kissoon alledging that she was kidnapped because of a rumor that  some family member had cashed in on a lotto game).I used to feel safe here but I don't anymore.I am afraid for my family my friends ...but I will not be forced to leave  the country of my birth because of crime..i think that Trini's should take a stand...we should all help in the alleviation of crime..using things such as crime stoppers etc...takin a more proactive role in crime eradication..by far and large trinidad is  a good place to live but if we don't start taking care of our communiites ,society etc it wont be long before it becomes like one of those other caribbean countries with a bad reputation for instance Jamaica..

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2003 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I am a(an): Trinidadian
Current Location: Atlanta, GA.
Favorite TT Food: Roti

I"m saddened to see all the negative post on this discussion board about Trinidad. I understand that the country has its issues and problems, but as citizens of Trinidad and Tobago I believe it's everyone moral duty to represent our country in the best light possible. This is the big difference between the United States of America and Trinidad. I lived in the US for most of my adult life and crime, corruption, drugs and racism is bad here too; but ask any citizen of the US about their country and some will say it has its share of problems, but they love the USA! Trinidadians we must love our country and she will love us back! We are not Americans and will never fully be. America herself will remind you of this with her new laws such as the patriot act. So what will you do when America turns her back on you?  

Jude

26th Aug, 2003 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

So what will you do when America turns her back on you?  

Huh? Maybe I missed something, but to compare the US with Trinidad is a bit far fetched. I have lived in the US for many years so I am aware of the culture there. They may have problems, but they are NOT the same, the ratio is not the same, attitudes are not the same, the people aremore productive and able to demand their rights. In Trinidad, people take anything that is dished out to them. Patriotism in Trinidad is generally seen as supporting soca music, carnival and standing up when the anthem is heard. That is not what it is about, it is about helping people, beautifying the country, etc. Yes, we need to represent Trinidad in the best possible light, but this forum is not the tourist board or embassy, this forum is to address the issues that affect Trinbagoians.

PS> There is another thread here about what people like the most about Trinidad.
[offtopic]Please update your profile.[/offtopic]

26th Aug, 2003 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Well, I'm a legal resident of this country, who doesn't have other option but to live here,  and I must say that I understand why Trinidadians need to defend their countries so much but they  are so easily offended but what it is said here (that is pure reality by the way) and they don't even live here! :smile.gif they don't suffer with the people here!, they don't see the crime situation every day! so many issues! they just see it through the internet, by phone (through their relatives) or through the newspaper.
Pleaseee! :smile.gif let's not be hypocrites. If the country is sooo beautiful, sooo special and all that stuff, what the heck are doing living all the way in the US? :smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2003 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 5

Current Location: Atlanta, GA
Favorite TT Food: Curry Crab

What's the point in addressing the issues? It does not change a dam thing, unless you do something about it. It seem that we all know that Trinidad has its problems, now do something. I challenge everyone who read this to do something about it. One person can make a difference. I was hoping that this discussion board would help spread some positive aspects about being a Trinidadian, and for a minute forget about the negative.  

To compare standards of living and patriotism is not far fetched. Trinidad once had the third highest standard of living in the western hemisphere, next to the US and Canada. To compare the cultures maybe far fetched. Yes the problems are different, but yet the same. Yes attitude are different all across America. (The North vs. the Deep South, East Coast vs. West Coast) I believe that the problem facing any country is generally the same, some problems are different than others but the basic problem many countries are poverty, crime, education, healthcare, employment, and finance. We do not live on Mars! Trinidad is no different than any other country, yet we are a unique and different people.

The reason the citizen in the US are more productive is because they are empowered and they don't complain about their problems they ACT and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Why can't Trinidadians do the same? Is Trinidad the new Iraq with an iron hand dictator?  The answer is NO we are a free people. Many years ago black Americans were in the same boat getting anything the government dished out to them, but one man spoke up, Dr. Martin L. King, for his rights and soon he became a leader. Many black Americans wanted him to shut up and let everything be, but he rose to the challenge and changed the country forever.  Trinidad need leaders that love the people and Trinidadian need to stop accepting the madness.
biggrin.gif

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2003 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Current Location: Atlanta, GA.

Ok, you got me. I don't live in Trinidad anymore, but it's my life long dream to return to Trinidad. I moved with my family was I was eight years old. My Grandmother and still lives there, and it sadden me to here about all the crime and problems. My family tells me not to go home, but to stay here in the USA where I can have a better life, however I don't know why I"m so concerned about my people back home.  I want to help; I feel that I must help instead of making USA a richer country.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,