How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 6 of 35

Generally we are, there are the bad apples - Page 6 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 28th Apr, 2005 - 7:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
26th Aug, 2003 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 6

Trinidad need leaders that love the people and Trinidadian need to stop accepting the madness.

Now you are talking sense. Like I said before, there are threads here that are positive and some that are negative, you will need to look at ALL of them and not just look at ONE and make a summary of the whole board. In fact it will be contrary to say we should stop 'accepting the maddness' and then post threads saying how great things are here! There are forums out there like that, that is not what this one is about.

I want to help; I feel that I must help instead of making USA a richer country.

Want to help a Trini? Visit https://www.bordeglobal.net and select from our great web design packages wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2004 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Hi!

Ee...I'm moving soon (on tuesday) to Trinidad (San Fernando). I read your posts and I don't understand one thing. If most of you is saying that the crime is a serious problem in Trinidad why everybody writes that people are friendly and helpful. Decide...smile.gif
Obviously it means most of the people are friendly, but there are some idiots, but i'm trying to get a picture of the country and i'm a bit confused. The message for me is: "Trinidad is a beautiful country with friendly and helpful people who can rob you on your way to a shop".

Guys, have you any tips for a newcomer? For example the weather. I'm not used to very high temperatures and a burning sun for most of the day. How to deal with it?

Cheers!

Reconcile Edited: mayu on 31st Oct, 2004 - 12:09am

31st Oct, 2004 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

First off STOP saying 'Hi' in every post and PLEASE read how to post constructively. We are not like other forums, we stick to ONE topic on each thread and not many so I will only answer the relevant question you asked.

There ARE friendly and helpful people here, but there are also 'idiots' as you put it, we call them 'criminals' or 'bandits' and they seek to make life for good citizens a nightmare. They are plentiful and major crimes such as murder are a daily occurence. When you come here make sure to take some good tips of areas you can go, where to travel, etc.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2004 - 9:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

1. Do you feel safe when you go shopping?
Only in the day, not on late evening or at night.

2. Do you feel that you are being watched or targeted?
No

3. Are you certain that school teachers are giving your children the best education?
No, because I've been there myself. During my years at school, for absolute success in exams it was manditory for students to get private tutoring.

4. When you call the police do they respond right away?
A decade ago, I would say no, but the situation has improved. they still aren't as prompt as should be expected.

5. If you were unemployed are there good welfare services?
No, unless you are covered by insurance.

6. When you go to a public hospital are you treated well?
Absolutely not, the services are deplorable.

7. Is your salary paying your bills?
Only if you make over $60,000 per annum.

8. Do you have all the basic utilities 24/7?
Water and Electric are unreliable at times, but I have seen improvemnet in the service over the years.

9. Do you find the people helpful and friendly?
Some, it all boils down to individuality at the end of the day and not nationality.

10. Is the country itself beautiful?
the Island is Beautiful but needs to be maintained and not littered and vandalised.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2005 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I just finished reading many threads and I would like to comment on safety in Trinidad compared to the US.

I have lived in both places and currently live in San Jose California, which has about 1 million people and was currently named the safest city in the country for its size.

I work in Law Enforcement, I can say that the City has one of the Largest Police and Sheriff forces in the the US. But yet we have violent crime daily, the jails are overcroweded and crime is a constant concern. It is not safe to go places by yourself if your a woman or child and most homes have Alarms and the people are legal gun owners. Gang problems are rampant as well as drug addiction. Not to mention, there is a chronic homeless problem, no affordable housing ( the average home cost about 500,000US and the average family income is about 40,000K. But most people are not average and many are working poor.

In contrast, Trinidad can not compare to the crime situation in this one city alone which is closely the same size in population as Trinidad. But you will never hear that on the news, you will only hear about computers, HP, Microsoft in the land of Silicon Valley.

I will be moving to Trinidad in a few years and I will take the same precautions for safety as I would anywere else. But I will also enjoy the family and many good friends I have in Trinidad.

11th Apr, 2005 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

Lovecan, I read over your words, but I am not sure what you are getting at - are you saying that Trinidad has less crime, the same or more crime than where you live? Also are you saying that crime is everywhere and so you will continue to just be cautious because it is based on a percentage or random event? I do not have the statistics at hand, but there was a measure based on size and population per capita and we have a bigger police force than New York and rate 4th or 5th in the world based on crime - we are also 2nd after Colombia in kidnappings (Colombia has the highest kidnapping rate) based on the same statistics. Now this is just based on reported crime and we are talking about a country that could fit in the Great Salt Lake in Utah. Also, I do not know if you can pass for a Trini, but having the look of a foreigner increases your risk, especially in certain areas.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2005 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 6

I appreciate your postings. You have really touched on some important things here, and I understand this post is about living in Trinidad/Tobago, but as a tourist getting ready to visit there, it's helpful to know this stuff. I always here the Trinidadians are very warm and welcoming. I'm hoping I get that vibe when we arrive.

28th Apr, 2005 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 6

Generally we are, there are the bad apples just as anywhere else, but hopefully you will not come in contact with those. If you know someone who can guide you around is better - if you need a taxi driver I can recommend: https://www.taxi.bordeglobal.net - he is a personal friend of mine and has a luxury van. However, this thread is about living in Trinidad & Tobago and not merely visiting which is really a totally different experience. To continue I can say that the living is not getting any easier - crime, inflation and general socio related places and people are becoming disenchanted save for those who live aimlessly in a state of mediocrity where anything goes and they are happy with that.

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,