How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 8 of 35

Wow, I just have to jump in hear, this is - Page 8 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 31st Oct, 2006 - 4:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2006 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 8

I'm also speaking from experience, having seen my friends and even my sister, who did not get into "prestige" schools over here, were "c" or even "d" students at those schools, had to struggle to get scholarships and to be accepted into colleges in the US, and are right now at the top of their classes.

It gets me annoyed, that everyone is quick to protest and yell about the corruption in the middle or lower classes, when it is obvious that we cannot afford to bribe politicians. If there is corruption in the lower classes, could it be because they are seeing that it is the way the upperclasses do it?

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2006 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

It gets me annoyed, that everyone is quick to protest and yell about the corruption in the middle or lower classes, when it is obvious that we cannot afford to bribe politicians.

I supposed it has to do with your definition of corruption. In my opinion, corruption is not only bribing a politician for thousands of dollars, that's only one example of corruption, it is broader than that.

Offtopic but,
Trinichic, you do not have to quoted the entire message someone posted. You can quoted a little piece and make a comment and then quote another piece and make another comment. Thanks. smile.gif

Post Date: 1st Apr, 2006 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 1-Apr 06, 10:47 AM)
In my opinion, corruption is not only bribing a politician for thousands of dollars, that's only one example of corruption, it is broader than that.

If one were going to prevent corruption, shouldn't we taclke the big issues, first? Corruption, like most things, trickles down.

I remember a neighbour of mine, he was 15 at the time. He'd taken his parents' car joyriding, and got stopped by a policeman. He told the policeman that his parents have money, just take some money and ignore the offence.

The policeman stuck to his guns, took the boy down to the station and calls his parents. The father gets to the station, goes into a room with the policeman's superiors, and comes out - it's all over.

The boy tells my family this story as an example of how stupid that policeman was - he'd have been a little richer, instead of his superiors who took the bribe.

What do you think that policeman's reaction will be, next time he's offered a bribe? It doesn't make sense sticking to the law - not when your superiors will just take the bribe and "let it be".

What did that boy's father teach him? Certainly not respect for authority... certainly not obedience to the law... definitely not responsibility for his actions.

That boy is in his mid-30's now, and manager at a local bank. Do you understand why I think that we have to start at the top, not at the bottom, if we want to solve the problem?

1st Apr, 2006 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

After eight pages of rants I can answer the Thread's main question by saying this; I live in Trinidad & Tobago only because it is my legal birth right to do so, to work, to earn a living, etc. Other than that, the fibre of the culture shakes my bones and bubbles my blood as I try not to become accustomed to the immoral thinking that has weighed me down over three decades.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2006 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

It makes me very sad when I think of all the crime and bad things that keep happening in my beautiful country. I know people may wonder how I may say it is beautiful. Sometimes I think it is not so wonderful anymore. But then I begin to really think about things.

I have read a little about American history, and well, before the United States was founded they faced a lot of hardships. New York is a city that was founded on great struggle. Even today there are crimes there, albeit not as much as there are here. But you never hear an American saying 'I hate my country", or "I want to leave my country". I think our problem as Trinbagonians, is that we are too hasty to "take off" on a mission for greener pastures. We never try to change things, or make a difference in our country. Everyone is always thinking of leaving. No one wants to stay and try to make a difference.

I like to think of all the great men who walked the face of this earth. Men who lived like the great Martin Luther King, Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, etc, etc. Even men who live on in legends like the great King Arthur, and so many others. They weren't men who ran away, but they gave their heart and soul, not just for their country or the negative things in their country; but their also gave their heart and soul trying to CHANGE things withing their country. They tried to make it different for the children who would inherit tomorrow.

This is ONE reason why Trinidad and Tobago don't seem to be moving forward, because the people who have it in their power to do good for our country, are the ones who leave and end up doing good for another country. It is really a sad case. I pray for us!

Sorry, but when I think of some of the things in my country I feel so angry sometimes.

Reconcile Edited: Namika on 22nd May, 2006 - 12:46am

22nd May, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Those are some true words Namika and it now adds as yet another reason to show why many Trinidadians who live in other lands are so quick to point fingers as to "Why don't you all change things?" and yet they are abroad?

The other thing is this, Trinis do not have to be fanatical in order to make a change, it can start right in their neighborhood in a very simplistic way. For instance, Trinidad can be very dirty, some of the people are very unclean when it comes to something as basic as disposing of refuse... if someone sees a neighbor throwing a soft drink bottle on the side of the road then get after them for it - do not just steups and say "What is this world coming too?". We all need to do some policing if this is going to be a great place to live.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Oct, 2006 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 8

Just a few headlines of what's going on in Trinidad today, an island a little over 1 million inhabitants and then think as the thread states "How good is Trinidad & Tobago to live?"

*Disfigured wife fighting to survive killer husband.

* Ex-NAR leader beaten, robbed.

* Police stake-out at wake fails to nab fugitives.

* Sick Moruga man kills himself.

* Shot woman cheats death.

* Mother, daughter held in Allen murder plot.

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2006 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 8

Wow, I just have to jump in hear, this is and enormous issue and I do follow the news and the Escalating crime rate and its terrible, its all random, these kidnappings, guys just looking for and opportunity.. But I just want to say that the Trinidadians who live abroad haven't abandoned Trinidad and they do contribute, Enormously finacially... Maybe its unfair that the progressing of Trinidad is hindered and the way of life is threatened because some people think its the wild wild west, and no one wants to do a thing about it, maybe its unfair that those that live abroad don't have to experience this fallout in society...

There are some seriously problematic decisions being made as to the welfare of Trinidad and Tobago and this has to change, cause I think we need some dramatic impovements, and this is not at the citizen level well maybe it is but more so at a govermental level.

Some of the Post were really intense, I especially thought the Iraq comparison was interesting, and I felt strange when I read the post of the guy who is moving to trinidad with his wife, the warnings were somewhat eye opening...

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,