How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 9 of 35

I am relieved that there are some individuals - Page 9 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Jun, 2007 - 4:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
31st Oct, 2006 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 9

But I just want to say that the Trinidadians who live abroad haven't abandoned Trinidad and they do contribute, Enormously finacially.

This is like the mother who goes away to work and leave the kid with a relative to be taken care of. The mother sends money every month for the child and in her mind, she thinks she really "cares", but does she really?

Don't take it the wrong way, anybody with the right mind would not be living here unless they have no choice. I do not blame the Trinis abroad at all, what it does bothers me is the fact that they want to be "patriotic" and even talk about how bad things happen everywhere and that Trinidad is great and so on, but where are they?

Reading the latest news in the Express, the name of this thread "How good is Trinidad & Tobago to live?" should be changed to "How bad is Trinidad and Tobago to live".

You all want a sincere answer from a foreigner? A living nightmare. I don't leave my house unless is extremely necessary. This situation is non-sense.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2006 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I understand your point and you may have something there, I will agree, you are right, it is completely nonsense. I do have the opportunity to see the other side of the Mother leaving the child behind with relative. I know many people who have done so, and Yes the question is do they really care, I think they do in their own way, but do they care enough or is it the right thing to do, those mothers are subjected to working 12 to 14 hours a day for people who could care less of thier issues and they are paid relatively low compared to the hours they are working. Maybe some people are lucky, but its a hard life for those mothers, they think as long as they can provide everything for there children then, its ok if she is not around, but this is the cause of many wayward teens. I know of many who have spoken of the children getting into the wrong crowds and unable to really do anything about the fact, because there children are now men and may have lost respect for the parent.

In some case the Mother has a new life and living with a new family in a new country with better opportunities, how is a child left behind supposed to think that his mother really loves them. It would be hard for me if my mom left me and only came back once in a while. I think I would blame myself, or maybe everyone else... This needs to stop... Its a cause of may youths dissapointed in their parents and looking for somewhere to belong and are taking in by the marauding gangs and taught how to be killers and murders and to rob.

Then the Criminals who get deported for commiting crimes in other countries, after the server their time, they are Trinidad's issues, these individuals should be kept on a short leash.

I hope I don't come off as an extremist but I think the situation in Trinidad is rather extreme and some extreme measures need to be taken, of course Humanity and compassion cannot be left out when dealing with the issues. I think the people of Trinidad deservers to live in their own country where, upward mobility is possible, and you and your love onese can peacefully enjoy your lives you would like to lead.

Coruption is running rampant , the old way of doing things have fostered bullies and opportuntist, these preditors pray on the weak and its unfortunte no one is willing to stand up for thier people.

There are good men in the police department and the pressure of conforming to a corupt organisation is on everyone who enters. Its a shame, that the people who are supposed to protect us, is the people we need protection from sometimes.

Kidnappings are not coming to and end, random drug murders are everwhere... Domestic Crime is on a rise, Rapes are a common thing, we need to protect our people, maybe something short of a Robin hood type character is needed.

Trinidad a multicultural and Multinational society, how can we please everyone.

Every other group is afraid of the other having too much power, we need a better system to handle these kind of issues, every ethnic group should be welcome in sharing the experiences of other cultures, the more you know the less mystery there is about each other.

There is the battle of the old way versus the new way, and progression is hindered because of that not to mention those who are afraid of change, we must educated all our children so they can be our saviors.

The Governtment think reasoning with Murderous and Drug trafficing gang members is ok, they are the criminals we cannot Kneel to them, we should never kneel to them, its a sign of weakness. There should be no tolerance, Drug Trafficing should be a crime with harsh penalites, as well as kidnapping, Life in prison or the death penality... Mothers, daughters and even granmothers are being raped, we cannot allow this to keep going on, we need to find a solution.

Organisations who protect families and women should do more to educate those who enjoy up in abuse relationships which leads to crimes of passion.

The the Abu Bakr and his followers who are nothing short of the Nation of Islam which exsist in the US a group of thugs, a Brainwasher of individuals, where followers are told, Trinidad is rich with Money and Oil and Agriculture, where is your money? Where is your Oil, go take what's yours got take what Trinidad owes you.

We owe Trinidad its never the other way around!

Namika, you made some extremly interesting points, and I would have to agree with you completely...

I could go on forever but would that help our sweet TnT!

Reconcile Edited: Trini808 on 31st Oct, 2006 - 5:47pm

12th May, 2007 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Recently I was giving thought to really what makes here a difficult place to live... and I think I can sum it up in one word: injustice. People do what they want without much concern and the victim usually can seek no redress, or in other words, people act out their lives like there is no consequence or accountability. Therefore the attitude is one of 'take advantage' when given opportunity, so you will often see Employers taking advantage of employees, sexual harassment, noise pollution, inconsideration of time and effort, lack of mannerisms and more. Generally a lack of patriotism - and no, patriotism is not saying "I love T&T" and swinging a flag - it is not throwing litter all over the streets, treating kindly your neighbor, helping someone in need - this is patriotism because it gives actual benefit to the country. This to me is the main reason Trinidad & Tobago is NOT a good place to live.

13th May, 2007 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

While growing up, I enjoyed living in Trinidad. People were courteous, friendly and always looked out for one another. Nowadays, all I see is a lot of crime, insolence and worst of all, a wrong and strong culture that seems to be growing more and more each day. Here are my answers to the following questions:

1. Do you feel safe when you go shopping?

It all depends on where I am shopping. I prefer to visit the malls since I usually feel safer. But lately, I am hearing factual stories about people being robbed or followed in malls! This doesn't prevent me from shopping in a mall but I am much more aware of my surroundings. I would never take it for granted that "I am safe here because it is in a mall!" There are certain areas in Trinidad that I would avoid completely because of the negative experiences my friends have shared with me.

2. Do you feel that you are being watched or targeted?

Sometimes I do.

3. Are you certain that school teachers are giving your children the best education?

Okay I have to say honestly that I do not have any kids but when I went to school, the teaching was of a higher standard than it is now. I have nieces and nephews whom I talk to regularly and I have learnt from them that, teachers nowadays are not as dedicated as those in my time. There are some who are unable to spell properly and their grammar construction is very poor.

4. When you call the police do they respond right away?

Yes they do. However, the police response varies in different areas in Trinidad.

5. If you were unemployed are there good welfare services?

As far as I know, the welfare services for the unemployed needs to be upgraded.

6. When you go to a public hospital are you treated well?

I usually seek medical attention at a private hospital. I would never trust to visit a public hospital since I have read in the newspapers that people literally die waiting on a doctor. I have also heard from friends that doctors and nurses are usually rude and unhelpful.

7. Is your salary paying your bills?

Well I am unemployed but my spouse works. Yes his salary pays all our bills but the cost of living is extremely high though!

8. Do you have all the basic utilities 24/7?

Yes. But there are certain areas in this country where people are without electricity and water. So again, it all depends on where you live.

9. Do you find the people helpful and friendly?

Long ago yes people were very amiable and helpful. But nowadays, I would say a resounding no! When you think that people are being nice to you and helpful, you later on find out that, they have their own agenda which is, "taking care of number one," that is, themselves. They will not hesitate to exploit you for their own selfish gain. Once they get what they want, they usually show you their true colours!

10. Is the country itself beautiful?

This is an interesting question! The beauty of this country is being tarnished by the people themselves.

In my opinion, it is becoming more and more of a challenge to live in this country. The cost of living is very high, the unemployment is high, the crime is out of control but what upsets me the most is "the wrong and strong culture" that prevails in Trinidad. Long ago people had respect for themselves and others too. If you tried to help someone out, they would smile, say thank you or in short, appreciate your kind words or assistance. However, nowadays, if you attempt to correct a person or politely indicate what is illegal behaviour, their response is to become aggressive by swearing or threatening you with violence.

Here is a classic example of "the wrong and strong culture" in Trinidad:

On Friday 2 June 2006, there was a lot of traffic on the Fore Shore and as usual, many motorists chose to use the shoulder as a quick way of getting ahead.  Of course, we all know that the shoulder is there for emergencies purposes only!  There was one motorist, who was obviously fed up with this situation and chose to take matters into his own hands.  He drove his white Subaru Forrester partially into the shoulder thus obstructing law breakers from using it.  Naturally, his actions were greeted with loud protests from other motorists, who were angry that the white Subarua blocked their only means to get ahead.  Unfortunately, one driver of a brown B14 Sentra, impatiently waited for the traffic to move ahead.  This particular driver was behind the white Subaru and eventually, when the opportunity presented itself, the brown Sentra, drove to the side of the white Subaru and a gang of young ignorant men, chose to "teach the driver of the white Subaru Forrester a lesson" by using a wheel spanner to hit the white Subaru as hard as they can.  All other motorists were horrified at this irrational and violent act. 

What makes this factual story even more interesting is, some motorists have decided to take the time and effort, to write out the licence plate number, the type of car and hand over this information to the police. What was the police response? They cannot locate the car!

I think that this "wrong and strong culture" is very sad, real and extremely dangerous. It is true that two wrongs do not make a right. The white Subaru should have never decided to block the shoulder since he does not have the jurisdiction to do so, but was it necessary for the passengers of the brown Sentra to retaliate in such a violent manner?

31st May, 2007 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

On TV6 News they reported that out of 120 countries Trinidad & Tobago was seen as one of the LEAST peaceful to live in the world. Now, isn't that any incentive to live here? I did not catch who made the analysis, but they are not far off. I am sure the only countries to beat us followed the Afghanistan, Iraq and Sudan scenario.

31st May, 2007 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

The Global Peace Index made the analysis. Trinidad and Tobago ranked 94, some of the countries before us: El Salvador, Yemen, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea, Argentina, Ghana. Some of the countries after us: USA, Venezuela, India, Pakistan and Iraq. The list is out of 121 countries and Trinidad ranked 94! Isn't that scary? undecided.gif

https://www.visionofhumanity.com/rankings/

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jun, 2007 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 9

I read this letter from the Express today and is almost like the writer took every word out of my mouth! What do you think?

Everything and everyone from public servants who are not fit to interact with the public, to politicians who are not worthy of their posts. Trinidad is operating on an alarmingly comfortable level of mediocrity, and I am FED UP!

As a nation, they don't care how they speak, dress, drive or conduct themselves in a social and professional manner. They don't care if they litter or upkeep their surroundings, they don't care to improve their station in life nor do they care to maintain any level of sophistication. Thus, this infiltrates every facet of life in T&T, resulting in a pot pourri of dissatisfaction, depression and deterioration, which threatens the moral fibre of our ever increasing corrupt society. There needs to be a standard of living that far surpasses the sorry excuse we know today.

I am FED UP of rude sales girls, I am FED UP of people who can't speak properly at work, I am FED UP of the skylark attitude of most everyone in the public service, but most of all, I am FED UP at the lack of willingness to change.

25th Jun, 2007 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 9

I am relieved that there are some individuals out there who are dissatisfied with the poor level of service as well as the corruption in this country. The writer of this letter is absolutely correct. There is a strong unwillingness to change in this country and this is the heart of all our problems.

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,