How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 10 of 35

Arimagirl: QUOTE PEOPLE NEED TO STOP DESERTING - Page 10 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Aug, 2007 - 3:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
25th Jun, 2007 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 10

That guy should be a Member of this Community! His words also give the SAME sentiment I feel about this country and hence the reason I want to leave it and its' unchanging digression.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2007 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Good Day To Everyone. I'm A Trini Living In America For Many Years, Travel Home Every Year, Which To Let Everyone Of You Know Who Thinks That T'dad Is Full Or Nothing Good Only Crime And Being Scared To Walk Around And Shop In Your Very On Neighborhood, And Your Surroundings Have You Feeling Very Uncomfortable.

First And Formost Thank God Daily For Being Born Where You Were Born. God Choose To Have You Be A Trini And Nothing Else. Next If You Think That America Is The Land Of All That's Good, Think Again, So Many Born Americians Are Hoping To Relocate To Some Other Country Or Island. I Have Known Of Some Relocated To The Us Virgin Islands And Also To Europe. It Is A Wonderful Experience If You Can Ever Get To Travel Abroad, But I Will Say Always Think Of Coming Back To Your Roots, Your Home.

Right Now I See Trinidad As "Brain -Drain", The Best Of What Should Be Offered To The Younger Generation Right Now, We Are All Out Here , And I Am Determined By God's Grace To Relocate Back Home Soon. Crime, Is Everywhere Do Not Compare T'dad In Anyway With America, In This Country If You Do Not Have A Job, And Helping Yourself, No One Looks Out For You, Many Trini's In America Catching Their Royal. They Cannot Even Buy Themselves A Ticket To Come Home And Visit, So Many Of Trinidadians Are Homeless Especially In The New York City Area, I Have Gone With Others To Feed, The Homeless And Was Very Shocked To See How Many Of My People Out There In The Cold Winter Months With Very Sad Sorry Stories. Back In The '70s And '80s, I Accepted People Coming To America And Trying To Make Sometime For Themselves, But Now America, Is Truly A Place To Visit And No Longer To Live.

This Country Do Not Have Jobs For Their Own People Born In This Country, Because Many Of Their Jobs Are Being Sent Overseas, Many Born Americians Are Without. Again, I Thank God For Being Blessed To Be Able To Live In America Or Home In Trinidad, But It Is Not Easy Out Here, In Order To Hold On To Something It Is Really Hard Work, We Have Very Few Holidays And Vacation-Time On The Job Is Like You Work 4yrs And Get Only 2weeks Vacation. Please, We Who Are Living In Trinidad, Always Looking At The Fashions Of America And Canada, Why Can't We Find Our Own Fashion Designers Locally And Show Up Their Talents. Americans Are A Very Proud People, From Their Flag To Every State They Live In And Neighborhood, They Will Never Tell You Negative Things About Their Town Or Country, They Will Let You Know That This Is The Best Country In The World., With All Of Its Crime And Negative Vibes.

Why Should We Pull Out The Negative Ways Of Our Land And Not To Get Ourselves Together In A Positive Way To See How We Can Help Our Country Move In A More Positive Direction. We Have To Pray For Our Country Daily And Many Of The Young Men Of Our Land, When They Look Around And Cannot Find A Job. I Can Imagine They Become Frustrated And Want To Give Up. Many People In The T'dad Who Have The Finances To Help Out With Workshops And Have The Young Learn Mason,Woodwork, Some Type Of Trade Are Not Stepping Up And Taking The Initiative. Allyuh Talking About The Vagrants On The Street, The Electricity Problems And The Water Pressure Going, Do Something About It.

Leaving Is Not The Solution, Rally Up, Get Together Make Petition, Get On Radio Waves, Newspaper. We Can Get Together For Fete And Rum, And We Can Get Together And Make A Stand. If We Dont Take Care Of Our Country, Who Is Going To Take Care Of It For Us. Say What You Want, But You Doesnt Hear Americans Bad Talking The Country, And If They Do, They Ready To March, Rally, Petition, Go To Jail, For Their Rights And What They Believe In. The Values Are Being Lost In T'dad, B/c People Not Taking Their Time To Instill The Values In Their Children Like Before.

Is Bet And Mtv Meeting Your Children When They Come Home. If My Child Get On Bad In School, And Embarass Me And What I Teach Them In The Home, And Isnt About Learning, Is Beat He @#$ Yes. Allyuh Talking About The Teachers Beating The Children In Schools, So Allyuh Want To Bring Your Children Up Here To Get Shoot Up And Killed Or Stab Up, Instead. Why, Because The Children Here Dont Have No Respect, And They Depressed, And Worshiping The Devil And All Kind've Thing. You Think Your Children Getting A Better Education Because They Come Up Here. The Same Kids Who Does Pray For Snow Day To Come, The Teachers Right Their Praying With Them, So They Dont Have To Come In And Work.

I Have Heard Teachers Say They've Become Teachers Not To Make A Difference With The Children, But Because They Getting Off 3 Mnths Of The Year. All The Problems That T'dad Is The Same Problems Ppl Having Abroad, Is Only Because T'dad Is On Small Scale Is A Big Deal. Once Again And Lastly, The Solution Is Not Picking Up And Leaving, But Staying And Changing The Face Of Trinidad. Dont Sit And Talk About How Things Bad, And How Things Making You Vex, Talk About How You Can Come Together And Make A Change, For The Future Of The Children. "Together We Aspire Together We Achieve".

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS! DO CHECK SPELLING! Please keep your messages free from extra characters that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles.

26th Jun, 2007 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The above Post is not worth answering on the following counts:

1. Posting in all caps is 'Shouting'
2. If you want to say something 'intelligent' then at least spell properly, I mean to say... all you have to do is click a button and the spelling can be checked for you!
3. The solution is to stay in Trinidad? This coming from a Trini NOT living in Trinidad? Do you see how ridiculous you sound?

26th Jun, 2007 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Labtech:

Once Again And Lastly, The Solution Is Not Picking Up And Leaving, But Staying And Changing The Face Of Trinidad. Dont Sit And Talk About How Things Bad, And How Things Making You Vex, Talk About How You Can Come Together And Make A Change, For The Future Of The Children. "Together We Aspire Together We Achieve".

Relocate to Trinidad FIRST and then do all the talk....otherwise you do not have a clue what you are talking about, only those LIVING EVERY DAY here know the situation, not those living miles away who are in total denial and with a sense of false patriotism.

Your whole post is about not criticizing the country and not going away but staying and helping... and you are living in the US? What kind of non-sense is that? Come and live with the real issues FIRST before making yourself look like a fool.

19th Jul, 2007 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

The funny thing is that I can never live in T&T? If I do choose to do so, it will be back to the old family house in Diego Martin or Carenage, or Westmoorings and live in jail just to be safe. Living in jail referring to the bars being placed in the gallery, building big gate to keep out undesirables and the paranoia of self seclusion! Trinidad has all the tools to be self sufficeint but sadly people are not serious about looking towards the future and securing a proper palce for their children. Best bet is to get some education and leave!

I am Trini to d'bone in USA, Japan or Europe but not in T&T! Funny?
I still visit because Trini is my home and it has a soft spot to how I use to remember things.

Maybe if I win Lotto (the Trini in me still)!

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2007 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I honestly agree with how terrible conditions can be in Trinidad. I must admit that since I have left Trinidad things have changed. As a little girl growing up in sweet T&T I enjoyed the security I had in my environment. However, my last visit home I noticed how high the crime rates have become and the increasing levels of social injustices occurring in my homeland. I must admit that things are getting worse. Every country has problems, but Trini's are becoming tired of the struggles with the economy, government and media. Honestly, when I was growing up we didn't have many cable channels and stations. Society is changing, but media has honestly introduce many things that Trini's didn't acknowledge about different societies. I'm not saying deprive our people of these simple luxuries, but assist our children in knowing the value of our culture. Keep certain things alive. Local communication lacks on serious topics and a diplomatic restraint is formed because people are oppressed from viewing what is valuable. Distracting our society with shallow implements and ideas of other nations cause our people to feel as though we are not adequate to live civilly and obtain 1st world qualities. Keeping some third world values may save the cultural structure and enforce productivity, which can be mixed with the 1st world aspects entering our nation. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP DESERTING OUR NATION AND LEAVING IT BEHIND. AT LEAST IF WE LEAVE BRING SOMETHING BACK TO CHANGE OUR NATION FOR THE BETTER. Through growth and positive development.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Aug, 2007 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 10

QUOTE (Arimagirl)
PEOPLE NEED TO STOP DESERTING OUR NATION AND LEAVING IT BEHIND. AT LEAST IF WE LEAVE BRING SOMETHING BACK TO CHANGE OUR NATION FOR THE BETTER. Through growth and positive development.

So you are currently based in Trinidad then? Your message sounded as though you were abroad.

16th Aug, 2007 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 10

Arimagirl:

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP DESERTING OUR NATION AND LEAVING IT BEHIND.

I am not sure if I agree with this statement. Just like you, many people have left Trinidad to look for better opportunities abroad for themselves and their families since things are very difficult right now. I do not see anything wrong with that and I won't call it "deserting" the nation.

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,