How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 11 of 35

I have done many of those things. Keep in - Page 11 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 30th Aug, 2007 - 12:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2007 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 11

Honestly, I am in America. I moved when I was younger, but I visit a lot. My mother married a man from Trinidad that was adopted by Americans. I had no other choice, but to leave T&T and live with my mother. However, I plan on getting my master's degree and then moving back to Trinidad. I want to be a social worker. I say that many people leave the land and refuse to go back and help improve society. I am not part of that percentage. I think if more people try to give back to their nation, great change would occur. I understand the issue about making a better life for yourself and your family else where, but don't forget about where you are from. I also feel that people from abroad have their own stereotype and refrain from attempting to help. What makes a person honorable in a situation like this is stepping out of their own pride when a person shuts them down. For instance, if someone tells the foreign person that their opinion doesn't matter, the foreign person should reject the other person's view and do what is positive to assist the issue. Be the bigger individual and try to make it better, don't allow the ignorance to linger. Just try to help the nation grow for the future.

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2007 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Arimagirl,

You can never go back!
You can but the differing perspective are so great that wherever you end up, it where you are destined to be. I was reading a Guardian newspaper (sometime ago) and Mervyn Dymally, who came to the US and became LtGov of California was talking about how it was difficult to deal with the T&T givernment that they ofetn ignored his suggestions! He was one of the chief executives in California and he is treated like a cow gobar when he comes to T&T!

Anyway do what you can do and be happy!

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Arimagirl
Do not be discouraged. There are a lot of trinidadians who have lived abroad and who have returned. Trinidadians live away sometimes because of their chosen field of work they cannot get jobs here, but that does not mean it is not a wonderful place to live.
Why are the people here who have other options. There are a lot of non trinidadians who live here and are happy here, and I do not only mean the ones who are top level expats.
We all have a choice to leave and go somewhere else, we don't.
It is always so sad to hear trinidadians discourage others from coming back home when they themselves have not left. I know people who worked in the states and had quite good jobs and came home because it is home where we are all first class citizens rather than be second class elsewhere.

28th Aug, 2007 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Kaisofan:

There are a lot of trinidadians who have lived abroad and who have returned. Trinidadians live away sometimes because of their chosen field of work they cannot get jobs here, but that does not mean it is not a wonderful place to live.

Maybe you can tell us what is wonderful about living in Trinidad and Tobago since that's the purpose of the thread.

There are a lot of non trinidadians who live here and are happy here, and I do not only mean the ones who are top level expats.

Well, as a foreigner (but legal resident here) I can't say the same thing, nevertheless in my experience with other foreigners those who do like to live in Trinidad fall in these two categories:

1. They are filthy rich and they can afford living in expensive neighborhoods which puts them in complete isolation of the *real* Trinidad.

2. They love the Fete and the drinking.

We all have a choice to leave and go somewhere else, we don't.

I don't understand this statement. You meant, we don't always have a choice?

It is always so sad to hear trinidadians discourage others from coming back home when they themselves have not left.

What is sad about that?

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2007 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Here is my link from another similar topic.

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....opic=5734&st=16

But LDS_forever, if life in Trinidad is not what you expect, why are you here? And I really do not mean that the way it might sound.

People have a choice to live where they are. You have the option to live elsewhere and yet you are here. Why is that?
There are Trinidadian who live here and complain everyday about how awful it is, there are other islands or the wider world that they can go live in and be happier.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message.

29th Aug, 2007 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Kaisofan:

But LDS_forever, if life in Trinidad is not what you expect, why are you here? And I really do not mean that the way it might sound.

People have a choice to live where they are. You have the option to live elsewhere and yet you are here. Why is that?

Why do you assume I do have (at the moment) another choice? In any case, answering your question I am here because that's where my family is, but hopefully we may change that soon.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2007 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 11

Why do you assume I do have (at the moment) another choice?
but hopefully we may change that soon

LDS_forever, good luck.

I have found that when I am in a situation that I am unable to change, I look make lemonade.
It works.
As easy as it is to look at negatives but a different perspective will make the world of difference.
We really are more than fete. Have you gone bike riding or kayaking dwon Chaguaramas, to the Asa Wright Centre, watched the Independence parade, gone to an event and ended up chatting with the people next to you, being offered food and drink (non alcoholic) just because of the camraderie, have people you do not know say hi in supermarkets, run around the savannah, had shark and bake up Maracas,

30th Aug, 2007 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 11

I have done many of those things. Keep in mind that you are single and I am married with two kids (one with special needs). My life is surely quite different to yours and to probably a lot of Trinidadians.

Having said that, I am not really interested in the "entertainment" aspect of the island but in what ways can help my family. You mention shark and bakes, bike riding, even kayaking at Chaguaramas when all I am thinking about is proper medical help for my special needs-son, proper special education schools that can also help him, those are the things I am thinking about...the "fun/entertainment"aspect? That's the least of my worries. wink.gif

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,