How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 12 of 35

I was reading this letter from today's - Page 12 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 29th Jan, 2008 - 3:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 12

For the record, I do have a child, a son, and I am happy to have him grow up in here.

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2007 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

How good it is depends on your position. I mean if you were living on the Betham a few days ago when everybody was flooded out then life is not good in T&T. If you are on the mountain over looking Westmoorings or the Queens Park Savanah then you are probabaly thinking there is no place like T&T. For me it is just as good as I can afford to buy food, live and not be the victim of some crime.

15th Nov, 2007 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I just read an amazing article by a journalist from the Express (Kim Boodram). I am sure she will get a lot of criticism for her article from the so called (as she call them) "convenient" patriots. I highly recommend reading the whole thing as you can almost feel the frustration she feels about life in Trinidad and Tobago because as she states in her title Life in T&T sucks

It would be easier to just scream.

But easy roads have a way of leading to uneasy places, so I'll try instead to share with you the depth of my fear for our country - the fear that we will forever be the product of cowardice, greed, callousness and laziness.

First though, to my would-be detractors - save it. If you love Trinidad and Tobago, you'll agree that we're in hardcore trouble. Life in T&T sucks.

To get out of it, we need to take control of our lives and take power over our elected representatives.

Change will be hard. The 'good people' among us are outnumbered by the slackers, schemers, racists, classists, wannabes, fakes, hypocrites, thugs, gangsters, puppets, zombies, prostitutes, murderers, rapists, paedophiles, chauvinists, vampires and convenient patriots. Souls, souls, going cheap.

Yes, the same people you see for Carnival bawling "One love", "Sweet T&T" and "Trini to de bone".

Speaking of which, I couldn't tell the difference between Carnival and election - maybe we'll have an election baby-boom. Most of the children - like most of the adults - are functionally illiterate, empty heads bobbing to whatever drum happens to be passing.

We've been conditioned to accept the scraps of our so-called leaders and it infects every part of our lives.

Example - five people are standing at a maxi-taxi stand. A 25-seater maxi pulls up. The five automatically fight each other to get in. Then they fight each other to get out.

There is no law, no order.

Look at the murder toll and the number of road deaths - we care about each other? You can't even get the police when you need them. (Most of them scary anyway.)

The place is a sty and the capital city, Port of Spain, smells like a rotting corpse. Its filthy, broken-up streets flood into a soup of rubbish and human excreta every time it rains.

And we just swim along.

Maybe power is too much responsibility for us and that's why we don't exercise the power we have over our Governments. We just want to spend the lil' dollars, ka-ka-lay-lay and screw around. Every time piece of the gingerbread house crumbles, we cry in our corners and go back to sleep

It's the human dream - to live without consequence.

But this would be a good time to confess that as a journalist, I failed you.

I saw so much decay that I allowed myself to hate people.

So I became part of the disease. Instead of helping, I turned into a cantankerous, self-righteous, nit-picking female. I felt that everyday the people became more selfish, brutish and insensitive.

Now, at the eleventh hour, I think of the injustice and corruption I let pass because despair had turned into apathy. I wasn't mature enough to see the point of braying in this Banana Republic, where everything is a joke and tragedies are a dime-a-dozen.

(But don't we always have our revelations right before the crap hits the fan. Just like in the movies.)

It was easy to be discouraged.

Every time I tried to write on 'the issues' - crime, the environment, poverty, agriculture, use of public funding - I was stonewalled, insulted by the 'relevant authorities'. Not just by Ministers of Parliament but also their haughty sycophants, masquerading as employees of the various agencies and pretending to do their jobs.

I've seen citizens vagrantised.

I wrote about it - twice. The result - salt.

For months I tried to find those responsible for solving this problem. Maybe I should have called the ghost busters.

The mother of one family, who had been kicked out of their State-owned apartment, asked me, after six months of runaround, why I thought nobody was helping her.

This family was encouraged to live on freeness, then punished for it in their old age.

I told her that people are busy, with rapid development and all, and she should persist.

I couldn't tell her the truth - "Look lady, if I am a nobody in my country, who do you think you are? Know your place. You are an old, sickly, broke-donkey, black woman with a husband of equal measure, a mentally-unstable daughter and none of you are eligible to vote because you are vagrants now. Nobody cares. Not your MP or your countrymen. In fact, they wish the likes of you would hurry up and die and stop being a nuisance."

You'd faster find Fairies and Unicorns in T&T than justice and truth....

15th Nov, 2007 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

Somebody needs to invite Kim Boodram here so I can give her a Charisma point!

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2007 - 7:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I have been living in the USA most of my life, I never new it had people like Kim Boodram in my country Trinidad, I thought that, I am the only one who think of Trinidad like that, I mean, she just hit the Bullseye about my sweet Trini.
I have been to many parts of the world, love to travel, I do not have any reason, to go to war torn country like Rwanda, Iraq, Trinidad and others, I have donated close to one million US dollars to different charity organization within a 15 year period, that didn't help.
In life, you have to live and learn from your mistake.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

The American lives even more for his goals, for the future, than the European. Life for him is always becoming, never being.
-- Albert Einstein

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags here. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

19th Dec, 2007 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (HiTechman)
I have been living in the USA most of my life, I never new it had people like Kim Boodram in my country Trinidad,

Then you need to read some more of these Threads, because I am here and I feel just about the same as Kim. Actually, I have not been posting in the Trinidad & Tobago Board much because since the disappointing results of the last election I realized that no matter what a few people do here to make change there is an overwhelming majority of slackers that just loves everything to be just the way it is now. In other words, this country is involved in painting a garbage bag pretty colors in order to conceal the disease inside.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2008 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 12

Name: Truth Rising

Comments: Wow, it sounds like people are really mental in Trinidad. Has anyone checked the country to see if any HAARP technology exists in Trinidad. Though I've heard it said that they can use it from great distances on people.

Notice when all the soldiers confusingly surrendered during the first Gulf war. It is said that the HAARP mind control technologies were being used.

From what I'm reading, I think it's possible this is covert operations going on by the hidden hand, creating Problems, Seeing the Reaction and soon they will be coming with the solution.

Make no mistake about it. They understand the great value of oil on that little Island. It's the basic premise for their United States led, United Nations backed, war of terror on the world.

Also, be sure if anyone can locate the HAARP towers or any trace of population mind control experiments going on in Trinidad. Also I noted that one of the posters mentioned they were surprised as Trinidad has all the TV stations as abroad. No about this is a great tool for programming the subconscious of the masses in Trinidad, towards mayhem, so they will have an excuse to bring in troops and in the long run control the country's resources for them and their psychotic agenda of one world government/domination.

Just an idea. Check it out if anyone can and please post your findings.

I sure hope the owners of the forum are not part of these people and will allow this post.

29th Jan, 2008 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 12

I was reading this letter from today's Express, sounds familiar?

I love my country, there is no place I would rather live. Then I see all the stupid statements and actions of my fellow Trinidadians and I hate my country and want to leave. I am so sick of stupid statements made by our "leaders" on television and radio.

They say these stupid things and we accept it, without as much as a murmur. These are things that are said to unthinking stupid people, yet we accept it and move on. Carnival is in the air, so why listen to these statements, we have a fete to go to...

One night last week I heard the "Minister of Health" say there was no dengue outbreak. I have gotten dengue twice. I have not gone to a hospital, so how could his Ministry know if there is an outbreak or not. Twelve people have gotten dengue, yet this "Minister" proclaims his Ministry has everything under control. There was a time you could see the Ministry spraying around neighbourhoods, but now they are too busy feteing to do their job.

This do-as-we-please attitude has permeated into the wider community to the point where so-called law-abiding citizens daily flout the law because if they do not they will be left behind by the thousands that do so daily because we do not have a Police Service that actually does its job.

A few days ago I was driving through Boissiere Village and three old ladies were attempting to go north on Rookery Nook. It would appear they had exited RBTT Bank and were trying to enter the Saddle Road to head back south.

I had to stop to let them out because they were blocking my entrance into Rookery Nook. I shouted out of my car window to them, "You know what you are doing is illegal," to which one replied, "Well everyone is doing it..."

You would expect senior citizens to be more law-abiding, as they would have experienced Trinidad when it was blessed with communal life, when a village raised a child and we were one. I realise that this is not so anymore; it is every man for himself. I am going to get mine and to hell with whomever gets in my way.

Stupid things that are spoken give the speakers power over us. Such a situation makes them believe that whatever they say will be believed-which, in turn, makes others believe they can say stupid things and no one will question it.

Maybe "free speech" is not a good thing after all, because it allows for an "everyone else is doing it" mentality.

Brian Joseph

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,