How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 13 of 35

On CNC3 news last night, I was listening to - Page 13 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Feb, 2008 - 2:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 35 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
29th Jan, 2008 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 13

One night last week I heard the "Minister of Health" say there was no dengue outbreak. I have gotten dengue twice. I have not gone to a hospital, so how could his Ministry know if there is an outbreak or not. Twelve people have gotten dengue, yet this "Minister" proclaims his Ministry has everything under control. There was a time you could see the Ministry spraying around neighbourhoods, but now they are too busy feteing to do their job.

You know, I could never fathom the reasoning of politicians. Why deny something that is so painfully obvious to the public? Dengue is a life threatening disease and the public should be advised to take precautions to protect themselves and especially the children of this nation! I am not saying to instil moral panic but to calmly advise the public how the government is prepared to address the situation. I believe that is where the problem lies: the government, as usual, is never prepared for anything! I suppose they believe that denying the problem would make the outbreak disappear! rolleyes.gif

I had to stop to let them out because they were blocking my entrance into Rookery Nook. I shouted out of my car window to them, "You know what you are doing is illegal," to which one replied, "Well everyone is doing it..."

Yes this is the wrong and strong attitude that prevails this country. What a stupid thing to say! I would expect this remark to come from a teenager who was caught doing drugs by his parents!

You would expect senior citizens to be more law-abiding, as they would have experienced Trinidad when it was blessed with communal life, when a village raised a child and we were one. I realise that this is not so anymore; it is every man for himself. I am going to get mine and to hell with whomever gets in my way.

I am glad that you published this article here LDS. I was under the impression that the younger generation were the ones who adopted this wrong and strong culture. But I guess I was wrong: everyone is doing it! So now, the younger ones no longer have any positive role models anymore. No adults to demonstrate the difference between right from wrong! No wonder this country is going to hell!

Sponsored Links:
31st Jan, 2008 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

The politicians are not unique, they come from the same system that put them there: mediocrity. If accountability for actions is EVER instituted in T&T then and only then will this place be a nice place to live. Given the mentality from high to low, it is not going to happen anytime soon.

31st Jan, 2008 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I wanted to read this thread, as there is a possibility that I may be moving to Trinidad for about a year. Having just returned myself from a 16 day holiday I am aware of the dangers.
I get alot of mixed messages from different people. For instance, If I went solely on information in this thread I doubt I would even consider going on holiday in Trinidad let alone living there.

While I was in Trinidad I kept my mouth shut in alot of situations which at home in England I would of had a confrontation, I did this knowing that I was a foreigner and bringing even more unwanted attention to myself would be unwise.

I think that as a white guy in a country like this people do see me and assume I am rich, even when dressed in short and tshirts, which is a problem.

Another bad thing about living there, besides the crime is that people cant seem to keep their mouths shut, which is annoying. The difference in England is that everyone keeps themselves to themselves most of the time but in Trinidad it seems most people have a big mouth. Ok so call me a unsociable *****.

So I'm thinking at the moment a year out to live there would be a nice experience but I am doubting after that I would be staying any longer. I am unsure If I do go weather or not to work. I did think of doing a driving job, but this is most likely very unsafe.

1st Feb, 2008 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 13 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

English, one thing I will give you - you are observant. A lot of people come here and are taken up with the vice, food and drink, but I see that you have caught on to what is the root of the culture.

QUOTE (Englishman)
Another bad thing about living there, besides the crime is that people cant seem to keep their mouths shut, which is annoying.

Oh yes, and they want to know all of your business in the first meeting. A total stranger will ask for your Aunt's name, your ancestral line, how much money you make and if you give them a chance they may want your VISA card number. Trinis love to push themselves on you. The most annoying part is when they show up at your house unannounced and expect you to 'entertain' them. They will not call before, or ask if it is convenient.

2nd Feb, 2008 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

On CNC 3 news tonight, the Police Commissioner released a statement, reassuring the public that there was no need to be worry about crime while playing mas. He emphasized that people should be able to enjoy Carnival because the police would be patrolling heavily during those two days. Uhh... What about the rest of the citizens in this country who are not participating in mas? Don't we deserve protection too? After hearing this statement, I am wondering why isn't there a heavy police presence in this country throughout the year? What is so special about Carnival that brings the police out in large numbers and they seem to disappear for the rest of the year?

2nd Feb, 2008 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

I thought you would have known the answer to that Geenie - the answer is money. If Carnival is to continue to be a viable economic presence then they have to assure that tourists return to their homes with 'good news' and 'good experiences' about Trinidad. As for the rest of us, we have to rot here everyday so we are not important. Funny enough I was watching that same announcement and got sick of it and turned it off.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Feb, 2008 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 13

I shook my head very sadly after reading your post JB. You are absolutely right! I was very upset after hearing the report that I did not even think about the money aspect and looking after the tourists' needs by ensuring that they are safe, in this country. Whatever happened to looking after your own people first? It is almost as if the locals are all invisible to the government!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 3rd Feb, 2008 - 2:36am

5th Feb, 2008 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 13

On CNC3 news last night, I was listening to a disgruntled man by the name of Anthony Guerra, who complained bitterly to the media, about the poor service he received from the mas camp. He was instructed to come for his costume at about 2 pm and it was not finished. When he had the opportunity to see the costume, he noticed it was different from the one he requested. He angrily asked the people at the mas camp if his costume was similar to what was in the picture. One person grudgingly admitted that it was not. He went on to explain to the disgruntled masquerader that the costume that he had ordered was all sold out; so they decided to make another costume for him from a different section. WOW! One lady described the situation as inevitable since with Carnival, there is always a lot of bacchanal.

Here is some food for thought:

1) I will never understand why people insist on spending thousands of dollars, to use a costume for two days and then discard it.

2) If you ordered a particular costume and it is no longer available, then the onus is on the mas camp, to inform the customer and offer him another costume for the same price. I think it is rather bold and unscrupulous to keep the customer's money and place him in another section, without notifying him.

3) If you are the customer and you have realised that the costume that you ordered and paid for is not the same, then demand to know what happened. If the costume designers admit that all the costumes were sold out and they decided to make another costume for you, from another section of the band, then you should demand for a full refund! Don't just accept it because you desperately want to play mas the following day.

4) And finally, take a mental note of the band that unscrupulously kept your money and remember not to play with that band, the following year. It would be prudent to go with a more reputable band! Or you can spend your money on something more worthwhile, like a trip to Tobago!

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,