Number One Cause of Death in the Caribbean! - Page 3 of 3

According to TV6 News HIV AIDS has decreased - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 28th Oct, 2015 - 11:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
It is sad but true and there seems to be very little anyone can do about it getting out of control.
Number One Cause of Death in the Caribbean! Related Information to Number One Cause of Death in the Caribbean!
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2006 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Number One Cause of Death in the Caribbean!
A Friend

Number One Cause of Death in the Caribbean! - Page 3

QUOTE (mikejonesuk @ 19-Jun 05, 7:09 PM)
Recently, in Trinidad cinemas, straight booby-sewing pins were stuck to seats with tags on them which read; 'Welcome to the world of AIDS'.... 
Imagine the horror if you sat on one of those pins, then to realise what exactly stuck you on the seat.

Yes, that is an Urban legend.... it's been around for at least 5 years...

I agree with you all that say AIDS/ STD education is the key.....

HOWEVER, if one of the parties (or both) are drunk, and or high... and in a situation where sex can occur... that education may not mean a thing....

Along with education, you have to treat/ address drug and alcohol use... also

A drunk man with a condom is just as bad (or could be as bad) as a sober man without...

Message Edited!
Persephone: Post without making long elaborate spaces or constant '...', this is not seen as Constructive

Sponsored Links:
27th Apr, 2007 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Caribbean the Death of One Number

It is interesting that most young people are under the impression that only ugly people will contract AIDS. What I consider to be quite alarming is, (as JB mentioned) some individuals are aware that they have AIDS and yet, they continue having unprotected sex with others. There are a few ways in which a person can avoid getting AIDS:

1) Knowing the sexual history of your partner. Ask yourself, is it wise to become intimate with someone who had so many partners? Your answer should be no. Also, be aware that individuals may "fabricate" their sexual history.

2) If you must have sex, practice "safe sex" by using a condom. Most men may say "I don't use condoms or I don't have any on me." Ladies should be proactive by carrying condoms on them. Insist that your partner uses a condom and if he doesn't just say no!

3) If it becomes necessary for you to have a blood transfusion, request your relatives, family members or people whom you know very well, to donate blood for your operation. This decreases the risk of receiving "tainted blood" (that is, a complete stranger may donate blood and be unaware that he/she has the HIV virus).

4) Do not share needles with anyone.

Personally, I think education and practicing abstinence are the best ways to counteract this deadly disease. The government needs to invest more money in educating individuals (both young and old) about AIDS. Perhaps, people who have the disease should be urged to come forward and share their experiences with the public (especially young people).

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 27th Apr, 2007 - 8:35pm

26th Feb, 2008 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Number One Cause of Death in the Caribbean! Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The incidents of HIV / AIDS is growing so rapidly in the Caribbean that the German government is giving three million Euros to Caricom to help against it. Problem is, there is a culture here in the Caribbean and vice reigns supreme... I do not see it slowing down, even if death stares them in the face.

28th Oct, 2015 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Caribbean the Death of One Number

According to TV6 News HIV AIDS has decreased among sex workers and homosexuals in T&T. There is a marked increase in HIV AIDS among the youth.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Number One Cause of Death in the Caribbean!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,