Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 4 of 6

I think you'll do fine as forum/pbp - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Mar, 2010 - 8:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Reviews Dungeons and Dragons
8th Mar, 2010 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 4

Of course, that was my point, when I posted for another new player, that you can take a standard combination of basic D&D stuff and add your own color to characterize it in all kinds of ways, and tell people "I'm playing a Samurai", yet still just have a Paladin. But since it looks like he wants to be from that culture, I'll probably stick with a standard European knight. Arab would be neat but I've already done arab.

Sponsored Links:
8th Mar, 2010 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

I don't have any issue with you playing a character from that culture either. I am sure you can come up with some sort of reason your character is in Klagek. Though I would like if the original group started in the Lucky Sprite tavern. It is a bit done but it works well at getting everyone together and going.

I see you have already made a character. I don't mind if you edit and repost the oriental version sorry for not getting to this post quickly enough. Looks like a cool character so far. The oriental twist might make it even better, up to you.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 8th Mar, 2010 - 8:15pm

12th Mar, 2010 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign Reviews RPG & Card Board

Oliron, your AD&D PBP Game was mentioned in the latest Newsletter so hopefully you may get some joiners if they are interested. Based on what I read though you should have your own "Rules" Thread where you can say what you expect from players, some typical FAQs, where they can find information, examples, and so forth. This way there are no misunderstandings.

12th Mar, 2010 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

I think the misunderstanding was in that I am human. I was just voicing an opinion really and it was blown way out of proportion I feel. I tried to make it very clear from the beginning that it was not a requirement to my game just a thought I had on role playing a character in general. I feel pretty bad about how that all played out but then again I don't think I should be afraid to voice an opinion so. It seems like one of those jokes that are funny to you but offend someone else deeply. Then your kind of standing there not knowing really what to say, it has been said and you can't take it back. I can't really think of a rule or anything that I would require my players to follow that isn't already stated.

If you think that would be best then I suppose I should.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 12th Mar, 2010 - 7:41pm

12th Mar, 2010 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

Yes you do need a Rules Thread.

Even if you want to state you do not have any rules, then you should say so in a specific place. You will find that over time you will require certain things and need a place as you say to "voice your opinion" as to what you expect, that is what Rules Threads are for.

Keep in mind that you have a vision in your mind of how things are supposed to be - examples of that are great, but unless described in details others may not know your vision. As for those who get offended, well you see how we deal with that with our own Constructive Posting Policy, again a good example of why there must be established rules or polices in everything - if it is not so the result is usually chaos.

Additionally, your last Post in your Support Thread gave me a great idea for the future. Instead of having to format info in a Thread like KNtoran's AD&D Threads I can just create a link that pops-up where player stats can be read on the fly so it does not take up any room within the Post itself.

13th Mar, 2010 - 8:40am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign

That sounds like a great idea.

Overall, it sucks things kinda went sideways to start but it happens from time to time. I've had some of mine simply crash from everyone spontaneously "forgetting" them, even though everyone was playing fine and there were no complaints. Like I said, things happen. You just learn what you can, muddle through with the rest, and use it all to improve your next efforts, and to understand other GMs' difficulties.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Mar, 2010 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Dark Calling D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 4

From the view point I have now I can see better how things got off course. If I had it to do again I would have explained myself differently. I can see now why the rules thread is needed. I am still fairly exited about the campaign though and optimistic we will draw in more players.

14th Mar, 2010 - 8:17am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling D&D 3.5 Campaign Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

I think you'll do fine as forum/pbp GM as soon as you get a chance to get used to it yourself while everyone else is getting used to being the players - the plot sounds potentially interesting, maybe even a slight horror feel to it, which I tend to like.

Perhaps you should rethink the opening of the game, unless there is a solid need to slowly increment the plot from sitting positions in the tavern, you might do well to kick it a little if the PC's aren't doing whatever they are expected to do to help get the adventure started - the old guy with the arrow in his back can burst through the door right now, for example, maybe it will attract the attention of anyone looking through the threads out of curiosity? Not sure, but it is an idea. I'll go see what I can post.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,