Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 5 of 6

Well to be honest I normally allow characters - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 21st Mar, 2010 - 5:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Reviews Dungeons and Dragons
14th Mar, 2010 - 8:21am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 5

I plan to spice it up a bit. However being two people I can't bring out the big guns yet. biggrin.gif

*flex*

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

How bout that Dark Calling campaign, there, readers - sounds pretty good doesn't it? Something worth checking it, try your hand at play-by-post roleplaying, in an informal setting?

Please stop by and check it out along with the other fine features of the community. Below is the main opening game thread - if it looks good, check out the main Member Wars board, read the rules, make you a character and join in.

Oliron's "Dark Calling" game

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 20th Mar, 2010 - 5:25pm

21st Mar, 2010 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign Reviews RPG & Card Board

I meant to join in this but JB's medieval just opened up and I want to join in that first. I'm like in 4 RPs here as it is but I will probably get to yours soon. Maybe you should go to like some of the regular players welcome posts and invite them.

21st Mar, 2010 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

Yes, I try and advertise to newcomers the problem is and has been for some time. They do not last long here. It seems most new RPG'ers tend to disregard the rules unfortunately. I appreciate you remembering me and considering making a character. Keep in mind when making a character I have allowed and encourage level one players to pick a minor magical item.

As far as the regular players I'm not sure what I can do to bring them in. My threads are out there plain to see. I don't want to resort to harassing people to join my campaign. It kind of stinks for me because I have so many ideas and such a desire to GM but yet have few PC's. I am not sure what else I can do to pull people in. I publicly apologized for mistakes I made, sweetened the deal by allowing characters to start with a minor magical item, and stated there is no set path to follow in my campaign.

I mean beyond that I can't think of anything right now that I could do to pull more people in. I just have to wait for you and others to be ready and available to play.

21st Mar, 2010 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

I think you are focusing on the negatives too much.

1. Yes some disregard our Rules and get deleted - see it as a good thing, because those types will have no problem to tell you and your game that it sucks or other rude comments that they normally like to try and add here. They have tried to do that in the current AD&D. You never see those because we tend to moderate fast but believe me when someone is deleted it is not because they simply did not spell right.

2. I think you have two veteran Players? What is wrong with those Players? You would rather have a bucket full of sand stones than two rubies? I have run great Scenarios with just ONE player. I rather FEW quality players than lots of teeny boppers signing up role-playing in a whimsical nonsense way. In the end it is not about numbers it is about quality. If you focus on that then you will find yourself actually being less worried about how many people are lining up for your Scenario.

3. Following on Play by Post's suggestion, go to Member's Intro Threads and look for those who have signed up to participate in an RPG and ask them to join in yours if they will like. There might be some currently playing that will like to come but don't know if they can. All I ask is that you make each Post original as copy and paste type posting is not allowed here.

21st Mar, 2010 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign

No, Ya, I totally understand what you are saying. I understand the standard that is set within this community and have had to rethink myself to be able to be constructive here, it is a work in progress for myself. One I appreciate and am thankful for to have to achieve.

I just feel like those who are RPG members see my threads whether they are in latest post menu or member wars menu. I did not want to seek them out personally and ask them to join because I assumed they had seen it. However after your post I think that may be the next step in recruiting PC's. Perhaps it is like you said, they are unsure if they are able to join or not.

It seems writers tend to be of the negative thought process from my general experience. It isn't something I strive towards but the negative assumption of, "this isn't going to work" tends to go hand in hand with most creative writers. Something I need to work on and am striving to remedy.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 21st Mar, 2010 - 5:08am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Mar, 2010 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 5

I felt much the same way when I was posting and checking the water to see if anyone would be interested in me running something, and got basically no replies - in fact I think I posted one thread in which I got nothing, ever, and weeks later posted and got one or two responses, but ones which wanted a different genre. At least it was something I guess.

I thought maybe it was the style or genre that nobody was interested in, but I can really understand there just not being enough hours in the day for probably most players who are in three or so games simultaneously - I'm only in one and a half (no offense but you know what I mean) and it can sometimes be a tight schedule depending on what all else I'm doing IRL and on other net places.

While I think the magic items can be used as character development without being munchkiny or "cheap", I hate seeing you use that potentially as a carrot for players, but sometimes that may be what it takes.

And you should not engage in so much self-recrimination and apologizing - you didn't really do anything wrong; players come from infinite walks or life, tastes and temperaments - mistakes are mistakes, we're all humans, we all make them, I think everybody understands this, and it is only us learning that is the important point of all this, so be positive, and if you want, I'm sure me and KNtoran can at least keep your game active until you start getting some new recruits.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 21st Mar, 2010 - 5:33am

21st Mar, 2010 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling D&D 3.5 Campaign Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

Well to be honest I normally allow characters in my campaign's that minor magical item. It gives them a bit more character development and gives them kind of a spark to go on. Like, ya, I have this nifty item that makes me better than the common people.

It is a carrot though, yet I tend to give my players many carrots. I like watching PC's get exited about their characters.

About your campaign JPatt, I have been wondering when you would start it. I have actually been waiting, hoping you would start one. I have been threw the treads several times trying to find the one to tell you I am wanting to join, but couldn't seem to locate it.

I think the reason, to me, I have been apologetic. It is because that is just who I am. I like to show my weaknesses in that way, it forces me to change.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 21st Mar, 2010 - 5:55am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,