Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 2 of 6

Thank you JB, I cannot express how thankful - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th Mar, 2010 - 8:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Reviews Dungeons and Dragons
5th Mar, 2010 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 2

I could copy a file for backup.

I am kind of exited. No matter how many hours I put into this campaign and the development of the game world its run in. PC's allow me to view the campaign in ways I would not usually. Nothing compares to having people actually walk around in it.

Other than what I described before I can also say. The PC's will start out in a small town protected by large stone walls. They would know one another in some way, some sort of background story connecting their childhoods. For example: Joe knows Tom because they go to the same school. Tom knows Jenny because they are cousins. Thus Joe knows of Jenny threw Tom.

A river a short distance to the west provides trade, food, ect... Farmers and woodsfolk live just outside of town. Run down roads lead North, East, and South. Traders trickle in and out of town threw these roads, mostly to and from the east. A little more than 50 miles to the east lies a dwarven city among a mountain range.

The PC's start in a tavern, sitting around a table. Soon tales begin to circulate of similar nightmares that have been reoccurring threw town. A few of the more common ones being that of a child being swallowed by a devil, the child's cries can be heard coming from within its belly. Others see the image of a book being written in by a devil, all around cries of pain and agony can be heard.

A well known old wizard recently died upon waking, jotting down a cryptic note about a devil and a door before passing on. This has most recently caused a fever of paranoia in the walled town. Things are beginning to become strained in town and the PC's must act or watch their town go mad around them.

Sponsored Links:
5th Mar, 2010 - 5:47am / Post ID: #

Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

Hey man, I'm sorry! I kept seeing the title of this thread and thought it was like all the animal threads, "What do you think about the AD&D campaign setting..." - I didn't realize it was yours! I wondered where this thread was you kept talking about you had started. Duh!

I'm interested in trying it. I'm not used to playing a bunch of stuff at once but if the rest of you can do it, I can at least try.

When I posted about me running something, almost nobody answered, and nobody wanted "another fantasy game". =/ But nobody wanted to play my modern one either, nothing but superhero. What makes YOU so special?

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 5th Mar, 2010 - 5:48am

5th Mar, 2010 - 6:56am / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign Reviews RPG & Card Board

Maybe it is the type of RPG people are comfortable with. I wanted to play as a PC in one of your campaigns and was wondering why you had not started one. I have to admit the Wushu or Wuxia type game seemed alien to me. I'm not familiar with that sort of style and don't know how it would play out in the post to post. Also I had just kind of started then and was sort of afraid to start expanding into different games.

I still want to play in a campaign of yours. I guess I am just kind of pushing this out there and trying my best to make the campaign appealing to the gamer. It is a lot easier to find players I think when it is a popular system like ADnD as opposed to a possible new form that most have not played.

I am very happy that you are interested in playing. I look forward to getting this ball rolling and am certain it will be a lot of fun.

I am planning to customize this campaign to post by post style of play. Meaning all the 3.5 rules will still apply but obviously we can't say: You are standing on this square, the enemy is on this square, you are possibly going to be flanked by this guy, ect... It will have to be more abstract and open to interpretation. Though flanking and movement will still have to be calculated.

As far as having many things going at once. I am going to do my best at working that out. I plan to have set dates at which time everyone should have posted. Meaning I would describe the situation and wait 40 hours or so for replies. If the majority of players have posted I would describe what happens and role play the others who have not posted as NPC's.

Those who missed that scene can look back, read what has transpired and continue on from there in character. I won't kill the one or two who did not post, but this way the game keeps moving. So those who are posting regular don't have to wait for the momentary stragglers.

5th Mar, 2010 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

One thing will be cool about it is having another RP for like some players to play in when Kntoran is not around. But I'd make it similar to how Kntoran has his setup so that the two systems aren't like too confusing.

6th Mar, 2010 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

Campaign Dragons and Dungeons Calling Dark

Sounds okay to me. I'm still of two minds about the PL style, at least for my own game. I can see the utility of someone else summarizing everything for the GM, who just parses it into game actions, but it puts more on the players themselves, to be clear and active, when you require them to post their own actions, it kinda seems like. Either way, you generally still wait til a certain time for the GM to make one big response post, though in some games I've run, using some systems, that isn't the case, as some game mechanics are different. I'll think about this some more regardling my own ideas on running a game, for myself. Looking forward to seeing your game when you get comofrtable with it and players etc.

6th Mar, 2010 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign

Yes, the more I think about it I could use two threads. One for the GM and Party Leader to post in. The other for the PC's to discuss, banter, and post actions. I also thought sense it is the same version we might use the thread already established for ADnD character. When some one makes a character for the Dark Calling campaign they could put a DC at the top of the character, just a thought.

Also the more I think about it. Putting a time limit on posting may be a little forced. Better to stick with how KNtoran runs it, and wait until the group decides they are tired of waiting for a straggler and ready to post.

It sounds like rpgpundt, play by post, and JPatt are interested and wondering how this will work out. I wish we had one more player but I think the campaign is ready to start. I just need to get the ok from the moderators and figure out how the multiple thread situation is going to work.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Mar, 2010 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Dark Calling D&D 3.5 Campaign - Page 2

You will need to start NEW Threads as needed. There is a limit per day unless you Upgrade. Do not use KNtoran's Threads as that will be very confusing for an already confused public looking on. Each Thread should DETAIL all that is expected, do not assume that they will get that from reading KNtoran's Threads. When you have started the new Threads I will come in to edit them and highlight the difference so it does not mix up with Kntoran's current Game.

6th Mar, 2010 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Dark Calling D&D 3.5 Campaign Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

Thank you JB, I cannot express how thankful I am for this opportunity. I have started three threads for the Dark Calling campaign.

Characters in Source 5 , the Game thread and Party Leader are posted at Source 2 , and the Players at Source 9 .

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 6th Mar, 2010 - 8:55pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Dark Calling - D&D 3.5 Campaign

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,