PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 4 of 9

Information about images for Games and Game - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th May, 2010 - 10:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
10th May, 2010 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 4

In a round I get a 30 foot move action and an attack action, (not full attack will go into that when base attack gets higher) since I'm a distance away I would probably spend the first round making a double move action to get my self "beside it" (talking in squares if it is taking up 2 squares horizontally I will be two squares to the right and up one from its back end, meaning I'm out of its 10 foot reach but exactly 15 foot away from right behind its tail square,

so on my second round I tumble behind it and attack it with the torch, ( I/Aive assumed that the oil went everywhere when it broke and even if it didn't its head would be rearing and flailing all over the place but I'm not too worried about that.) whether it catch's on fire or not on my third round I will tumble the way I came and draw and load my sling and then by the forth round I will sling at its backend.

Sorry if I didn't explain it properly

and in my opinion the oil could be done 2 ways, use the rules for pouring a pint on the floor, the 1d3 in a 5 foot square for a few rounds or the alchamists fire rules wich make more sense only we got a delayed ignition, once lit, melee touch attack if you just want to hold the fire to the oil, creature takes 1 d6 and Every creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1 point of fire damage from the splash. On the round following the target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage. If desired, the target can use a full-round action to attempt to extinguish the flames before taking this additional damage. Extinguishing the flames requires a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground provides the target a +2 bonus on the save.

But like using a torch if its heads on fire and it bites us I think we would take 1 fire damage? Then we would be at risk of catching fire, hair and clothes are always at risk, dc15 reflex

it should be under adventuring environment somewhere if you wanna read.

Sponsored Links:
10th May, 2010 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Well, by my calculations you are at least 30 feet away at round 1, in which round you took 2 attacks with your sling. The second round you attacked the last small centipede with your sap putting you still 30 feet from the centipede. Then you moved 15 feet, climbing over a 5 foot wall, then moved another 15 feet putting you at the side, 10 feet away from the centipedes.

international QUOTE
In a normal round, you can perform a standard action and a move action, or you can perform a full-round action. You can also perform one or more free actions. You can always take a move action in place of a standard action.

The centipede is 15 feet long, at the beginning of round 3 you want to move to the back of the centipede which is 20 feet away at best, at this point. You have to take into consideration you must go around the centipede. If you enter within that front 10 feet square area you provoke attack. If you take a double move you forfeit your attack. If you did double move with your tumble you would be within range to attack the head without provocation but would only be able to do so on round 4.

You simply don't have the ability to move that far with tumble in mind and still attack. It was an excellent idea in concept though so I tweaked it a little to allow an outcome that covered both the issues. Allowing you the attack and it, its attack of opportunity.

The oil is lamp oil not Alchemists fire, so all those statistics will be different. Alchemists fire is a combination of different oils and not simple lamp oil. The two simply do not react the same way when used in a combat situation like this. Being able to catch on fire from the burning head does not seem likely to me. If it did touch you while it attacked (which it would have to if it hit) might do a point of damage. Though no one was bitten by the centipede after its initial bite on Lwentano.

Anyways the attack is over and you guys won in style. Sorry if there was some confusion but when you don't have a board layed out in front of you it is difficult sometimes to understand exactly how your character is moving. This is just one of the problems we have to deal with when playing in this format I quess.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 10th May, 2010 - 5:49pm

10th May, 2010 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Actually that brings up an idea. If this board allows for the posting of images, you could make a grid in MSpaint, and with each game post, post said grid as a map, with each of us having a symbol that represents us, and you could post symbols representing the enemies and obstructions and such.

Just a thought.

10th May, 2010 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Only premium members may post images in the threads as you're describing. The closest for us non-money-paying mooches would be to make a suitable map and upload it to your own gallery and then link to it - graphics do help especially in forum games, but aren't .... Nevermind, I'll save it for the other thread we were talking about. Good work everybody!

10th May, 2010 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

What gallery of mine are you talking about. Like make a website or something? I have no idea how I would do that. I am not really good with computers in that way. I tend to get frustrated very quickly and give up.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 10th May, 2010 - 8:09pm

10th May, 2010 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

Like imageshack or photobucket I think. Places like that, that allow you to upload and host images for free. That could work, I guess.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th May, 2010 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 4

No, these forums do not allow you to link to any offsite locations like that if you're not a premium member. There is a gallery feature here that lets you upload I think 10 pictures that have to be approved first. You could then link to a picture in there, is the only way I can think of you could present a graphic for others to see, without being a premium member.

Post Date: 11th May, 2010 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

Information about images for Games and Game Mastering should be read here: Source 6

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.