PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 5 of 9

Once your base attack reaches 6 you gain a - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jun, 2010 - 8:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
11th May, 2010 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 5

Or just become a premium user I guess, if anyone is that dedicated to the site.

Sponsored Links:
11th May, 2010 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

If you read under the lamp/lamp oil it says it can function almost exactly like alchemist fire. You can spend a full round turning it into a Molotov with a 50% chance of igniting all we did was cancel the %50 chance of ignition,

you didn't give me any distances so I told you what I wanted to do, not what round it needed to be done in, like I said my first round of involvement with a double move action gave me 60 foot to get into position, "coming in from the side" if that still wasnt enough then the beginning of the second round would have been a move aswell finishing off with the tumble afterwards leaving me ready to attack and tumble out on the 3rd. It may have been dead by then but at least I didn't volunteer myself as food. (7 hp)
while the out come was good it could have been the death of me. A rouge gets all these skills to balance it out to the other characters and if they are going to get made redundant I may as well go a peasant.

11th May, 2010 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I feel I am fairly dedicated, however the more I think about it, I don't see it as needed. I can describe with good accuracy and detail the lay of the land. Setting up pictures for every round in battle, while plausible, is not practical.

Later on I think I will try and upload some maps of the overall land mass though. Showing where the kingdoms, forests, rivers, and such are located in regards to each other. For right now the area the PC's are playing around in is rather small so it isn't really needed, yet.

22nd May, 2010 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

international QUOTE
Sustenance: This ring continually provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment. The ring also refreshes the body and mind, so that its wearer needs only sleep 2 hours per day to gain the benefit of 8 hours of sleep. The ring must be worn for a full week before it begins to work. If it is removed, the owner must wear it for another week to reattune it to himself.

international QUOTE
Walk: A character can walk 8 hours in a day of travel without a problem. Walking for longer than that can wear him or her out (see Forced March, below).

international QUOTE
It's possible for a character to march into unconsciousness by pushing himself too hard.

The ring does not affect your constitution. It simply provides food and water and allows you to gain spells after only 2 hours rest instead of 8.

11th Jun, 2010 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I have been thinking more about the two attacks per round with a bow and sling. I would like to keep that rule however I want to make it a -4 / -4 to the attack rolls. This takes into account that though you can fire a bow within six seconds (a round) twice, your accuracy will suffer in combat. Sense this is a new rule I don't want to apply it until after this battle.

I feel this is more fair because it takes into account that their is a feat that allows this type of attack without penalty. Also it allows a two weapon fighting style, so to speak, with the bow.

11th Jun, 2010 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

-4 is effectively 1/5 or a 20% penalty, so this isn't as much a standard mechanic as it is an option to allow any player the choice to make two attacks with a bow but with a fairly solid penalty. Your point about being able to do basically the 2 attacks/round with a bow being a Feat or whatever, which makes it sort of "free" for bow users, is a good one though. You're the GM so it is up to you and I don't use a bow but maybe some of the bow users will stop in and post their thoughts.

I think I'd personally choose one attack at normal proficiency, but that's me, and I can only use a sling anyway with this character, heh.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jun, 2010 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 5

I was just reading into lemures and saw they are immune to fire. I am not sure if this means burning hands, a magical fire, was supposed to do no damage. The way I am looking at this though is they are hurt by magic, and burning hands is magic. Wether it is a fire spell or not it is first magic.

Does anyone else have any insight on this?

Also yes like JPatt said it would be nice to have input from the bow users on the -4 / -4 thing.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 11th Jun, 2010 - 7:45am

11th Jun, 2010 - 8:42am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

Once your base attack reaches 6 you gain a second attack, 6,1 all the way up too

16 11 6 1 (4 attacks in 6 seconds)

Fighters base attack grows quicker than wizards of course as they are more proficient and faster with weapons, this growth also displays your characters developmental ability with weapons as they become better at using them.

Eventually your base attack will allow you four attacks so dose this mean you are allowing 8 with a bow?

Also 2weapon fighting with out the feats imposes minuses way harsher then -4

It is entirely up to you as its your game, but the game had been revised about 6 times before 3.5 rules so I feel its a good bet to follow them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.