PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 7 of 9

Holy weapons fall under the greater magical - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Jun, 2010 - 12:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
12th Jun, 2010 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 7

I think you should be able to use any books you own, as long as we don't actually post the information here, so I guess we'd ALL have to own the books in order to understand properly. Unless you homebrew stuff. There's no law against us using stuff YOU come up with on your own.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2010 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I don't see any problem with that either. Though I would like everyones opinion on the final product if they have one. Also wether or not they feel comfortable allowing such a thing. I want to try and keep things as fair for everyone as possible. Also whatever it is, it is going to have to work into the game. Meaning it will have to have an explanation of how this exists in the game and fit in with all the other rules.

I am thinking of some kind of anti devil class. What do you have in mind?

12th Jun, 2010 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I was thinking an anti-devil spell for us arcane casters (Well, me and any other sorc/wiz/bard who joins later on.)

I'm not sure on the details yet.

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 12th Jun, 2010 - 10:03pm

12th Jun, 2010 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

How about a spell that charms devils or makes them question their evil. Causing physical pain to their minds or some type of confusion. Possibly even "turning" them. I don't know that sounds almost more like a clerical spell though. Arcane would probably have to do more with the planes, possibly a holding spell of sorts.

Other than that there is the obvious damage spell in all its different forms, cone, burt, missile, ect . . .

That is all I can think of for right now. I will look at the 2nd level spells and see what parameters we will be under.

12th Jun, 2010 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Being a Paladin and part of my character's backstory of the sword being blessed by a priest which gave it its +1, would it qualify or is it strictly a magic sword with no divine bonus?

12th Jun, 2010 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

Hmm... Maybe something more... Nature-ish, to reflect the whole "Dryad" thing.

Myrrani's Rapid-Growth Bamboo
Conjuration

Level: Sor/Wiz 1, Bard 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets: Up to five creatures, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. Apart
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex Negates
Spell Resistance: No

A shoot of bamboo grows up under the feet of an opponent, impaling them and dealing 1d6 piercing damage.

For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you gain an additional bamboo shoot - two at 3rd level, three at 5th, four at 7th, and the maximum of five shoots at 9th level or higher. If you grow multiple shoots, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures. A single shoot can strike only one creature, and cannot hit creatures higher than 5 ft in the air. You must designate targets before you check for spell resistance or roll damage.

Material Component
A seed and a pinch of dirt, sand, or ground rock.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2010 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules
A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 7

So I am pretty chill about whatever rules folks want to make use of. I have the basic 3.0 set and I am fairly familiar with the changes that were made for 3.5 - and of course make use of the 3.5 rules online (for folks that don't know, the changes between 3.0 and 3.5 were fairly minor and generally just cleaned up problematic aspects of 3.0).

Also, as a back story for my bow. I am saying that it was a gift from the elven god Corellon Larethian when he swore to rid the orcs from his homeland. This was after he was nearly killed by orcs who slayed his entire village. This is why it has an orc bane property (and why orcs are his favoured enemy). Perhaps the bow could also be good, since it was a gift from a good god? I don't care either way, except for if it makes things easier for you, Orilon.

13th Jun, 2010 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

Holy weapons fall under the greater magical category. So at this level I can't really allow that type of weapon. It was definitely my mistake to think that magical weapons could negate the damage reduction and I have to rethink some encounters because of that. However I can't give holy bonuses to items that simply are not holy.

Perhaps in time we can add the holy subtype to the item but for now it will have to remain what it is. I will readjust the enemies your facing to make things more in line with what you can kill. In the meantime silver seems to be effective against these things, so maybe next time your in town look into getting a silver weapon possibly. Not sure how much that is going to run you guys we can deal with that when it comes up. If anyone has any insight on this subject feel free to let us know.

I want to try and set up a situation somehow were the pc's are able to exchange their magical weapons. I have a hunch some may want to chose an item that they are now looking at as sub par. Without taking a big hit in price exchange by selling off a magical item for something else.

The spell you listed Myranni looks fine to me. I was worried about the d6 damage but then saw that reflex negates it so, ya looks good.

The fact that you don't have holy or silver weapons does not change the fact that you guys can still kill these things. It definitely raises the bar, but from what I have seen so far you are all up to the challenge.

The fact that the party just layed waste to such a large group of lemures should still be considered a great feat in the eyes of the townsfolk. However the next time you fight these things they are going to be a lot harder to kill. Maybe that is player knowledge maybe it isn't. Meaning when you brag about these acts most people will be shocked and think you great warriors. It isn't that you aren't great warriors it is just that these particular lemures were weaker than most.

Would the players realize these lemures were weaker, or would they just think themselves great?

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 13th Jun, 2010 - 12:33am

+  « First of 9 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.