PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 8 of 9

QUOTE 1st level 0 experience 1st feat 2nd - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Aug, 2010 - 11:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
13th Jun, 2010 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 8

I think we're more likely to wonder how the heck we killed them so easily. It's not like we KNEW they were lemures. We just know we killed... THINGS.

Sponsored Links:
13th Jun, 2010 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Val knows they are lemures. I am pretty sure Lwentano does as well. Earlier in the game the party fought four of them and because Val is a paladin. She was able to identify them, remembering them from paladin history class.

13th Jun, 2010 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Paladin history class, OH YEAH! I slept through goblin history and pretty sure I was doodling poetry on a scroll during the chapter on kobolds, but I remember Lemures. My dog really did eat my homework though, that's why I only got a C.

16th Jun, 2010 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I am having a very hard time finding rules for squeezing. If anyone has located them or know were they are please let me know.

Otherwise I am going to say anything under 10 feet hight and 5 feet width, for a medium sized creature, is considered squeezing terrain.

Players while squeezed, move at half the speed and are considered flat footed.

They also suffer a -4 to attack rolls, and a -2 to their AC / reflex.

Now I don't know how fair this sounds to everyone else but it is the best I can think of for now. Please let me know if you have a better idea of how this environmental phenomenon should play out technically.

16th Jun, 2010 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I can only think that the height requirements for "squeezing" should be your character's height + one foot, rather than ten feet. Also, why would you lose 2 AC on top of being automatically flat-footed? Seems redundant. Other than that, I see no problem, particularly. What if we grease the walls with oil though? Do we still get "squeezed"?

16th Jun, 2010 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

-4 to attack - 4 to AC thats all.

In some cases, you may have to squeeze into or through an area that isn't as wide as the space you take up. You can squeeze through or into a space that is at least half as wide as your normal space. Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space you take a -4 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to AC.

unless we really have to squeeze then

To squeeze through or into a space less than half your space's width, you must use the Escape Artist skill. You can't attack while using Escape Artist to squeeze through or into a narrow space, you take a -4 penalty to AC, and you lose any Dexterity bonus to AC.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jun, 2010 - 5:55am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 8

I do want the party to have to squeeze. The tunnels were inhabited by goblins that used these narrow passages to their advantage for that reason.

international QUOTE
-4 to attack - 4 to AC thats all.

In some cases, you may have to squeeze into or through an area that isn't as wide as the space you take up. You can squeeze through or into a space that is at least half as wide as your normal space. Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space you take a -4 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to AC.

That sounds fine, I think we will go with that.

international QUOTE
What if we grease the walls with oil though? Do we still get "squeezed"?

No, this sort of squeezing reflects that you are unable to move you weapons and body about normally. The close quarters forces you to move as if constricted in a unnatural way. If they were more narrow, narrow enough to have to use escape artist to get threw, then yes grease would help.

21st Aug, 2010 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

international QUOTE
1st level 0 experience 1st feat

2nd level 1,000 experience no added feats

3rd level 3,000 experience 2nd feat

4th level 6,000 experience no added feat add one to any ability score

5th level 10,000 experience no added feat

6th level 15,000 experience 3rd feat

7th level 21,000 experience no added feat

8th level 28,000 experience no added feat add one to any ability score

9th level 36,000 experience 4th feat

10th level 45,000 experience no added feat.

Quote from KNtoran's posting in his character development thread.

This is pretty standard and as far as I know the rules as far as levels, experience, bonus feats, for ADnD 3.5. At any rate we will go with this for our leveling rules.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.