PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 2 of 9

As long as the goblin isn't being - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Apr, 2010 - 2:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »
Closed
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
20th Mar, 2010 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 2

I would ask every level one character to pick one minor magical item.

For more information see the link here Source 6

Read More About This Here

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please link to content rather than duplicate it.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 20th Mar, 2010 - 4:54am

Sponsored Links:
22nd Mar, 2010 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I do not allow chaotic evil or neutral evil characters in this campaign. The campaign is focused on destroying evil. Thus such an evil character would be counter productive to the party. I will allow lawful evil characters only if they refrain from trying to kill or harm party members.

1st Apr, 2010 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I messed up the rules a little I think. After looking at damage reduction more I think that every hit is reduced by 5. I always thought it was subtracted once per round. Like once you did more than five damage cumulatively, then the rest of the attacks hit. This means that Rissa's attacks most likely would have done no damage and some of KNtorans would have done less damage.

I just thought I should bring this mistake to light. This time I quess it is too late, I don't want to repost. Just next time, every attack will be reduced by 5, except magical or good items. Also energy attacks don't get reduced. Sorry for the mess up.

2nd Apr, 2010 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I've never heard of lemures but they sound really tough, yet more undead TSR munchkin monsters. I swear there must be one guy that just gets paid to come up with nearly unbeatable undead threats all on his own. So they're not immune to damage, it's just the damage is reduced - but -5? That's an awful lot, considering the average weapon is at least a D6 at best overall in the game (maybe a D8 but I doubt it), and a roll is an average of 3 or 4, maybe 5 or 6 with a strength bonus - those aren't so much wandering monsters are constant unstoppable dangers. That's rough.

2nd Apr, 2010 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

Rules Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

Yes I know, they are nasty little guys. biggrin.gif Think of the farmers who don't have any real good weapons. That was just a gang of them, they also travel in swarm (6-15), or mob (10-40).

27th Apr, 2010 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

I must admit I am confused on how to deal with this captive goblin situation. I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on how to make it fair. After all I am just a referee here.

On one hand you have a goblin that has been complying with demands and trying to assist the party (seemingly).

On the other you have an evil creature in your party and half the party is Paladin.

Does the party face a moral obligation to destroy the goblin or one to let it go once its terms are met.

I would say they should destroy it being that it is evil. Yet I wonder since the goblin has complied so far would that be an evil act. Going so far as to disguise the goblin does that not also imply an acceptance of its evil traits or good traits.

I am torn on this and wondering others points of view as they may shed some more light on this situation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2010 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules
A Friend

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules - Page 2

Let me take myself out of the party and address this as on GM to another. If a creature is evil but is cooperative a paladin has to treat that creature as a prisoner and see that no harm comes to it while it is cooperating. IF harm comes to the creature while in the justifiable and lawful hands of a paladin then it looks bad on the paladins reputation. A lawful paladin will take said evil creature to his/her church and let the gods decide its fate once its usefulness is over as that is the only recourse a paladin really has. Because if they release the creature it can cause further harm to innocents and the paladin will feel responsible for any who becomes harmed or killed. By releasing the creature into a higher authorities care the paladin has faithfully did their part in riding the world of a dangerous creature and saw that it did not come to any harm while in his/her care. There fore the Paladins reputation goes up as one who can be trusted to treat prisoners with the respect they are due.

I hope that helps.

27th Apr, 2010 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

As long as the goblin isn't being evil with us it should be ok with the paladins as we are using it for a greater good and they are giving it a chance to redeem itself. But the goblin is evil and cowardly and is probably just waiting for its opportunity, or hoping we set it free.

Some NPC's may frown upon as taking company with a goblin,

Also haven't checked on the paladins gods but if any of them have a strict honor in battle they probably cant kill a captive creature, haven't checked tho.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: PBP D&D 3.5 Dark Calling Rules

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.