How Do You Get Children To Sleep? - Page 2 of 4

QUOTE Thanks, we love our son sooo much! . - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th Jul, 2003 - 11:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Child not going to sleep
13th Jul, 2003 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

How Do You Get Children To Sleep? - Page 2

My son was not a very good sleeper, was a very very active child (possibly to the point of what "modern doctors" call "hyperactive") and was just active in his sleep, as well as during his waking hours.  There was never really any solution to this.  It persisted until his teen years, when he actually began sleeping very deeply (and still does today).  I can only attribute the sleep he *did* get to the fact that when it was time for bed, there were no other distractions -- no TV on, no noisy guests, no pets in the room, etc.  Bedtime was a full routine, so that by the time we were done with brushing teeth, bathing, and so on, the kid is mentally ready for sleep.  Finish up with a story and a prayer, it usually works.  Just doesn't happen perfectly all the time

Thanks for that information you add also Farseer wink.gif The 'hyperactive' son you mentioned sounds like my son! when he started slowing down?? (at what age?).
Yes, my son has a routine when he goes to sleep at night but usually he gets up several times at night :smile.gif I co-sleep with him and I'm so accostum to it already lol

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2003 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Sleep Children You How

The 'hyperactive' son you mentioned sounds like my son! when he started slowing down?? (at what age?).

Oh, dear... should I tell you?  It was a gradual thing.  Noticeable in 7th grade, so he was..  12?  Just hard for him to be still.  I remember his soccer coach (second grade) saying he had enough energy to light up San Diego!!   biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yes, my son has a routine when he goes to sleep at night but usually he gets up several times at night :smile.gif I co-sleep with him and I'm so accostum to it already lol

I know how hard that is!  Just keep doing what you're doing.  Pray.  Try to be grateful that you have a happy, healthy, active, strong, precious child.  And try to remember that this is all temporary, that we have these children as a stewardship... we have to get them back to God.  And they are gone from us so quickly...

Roz

13th Jul, 2003 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

How Do You Get Children To Sleep? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I know how hard that is!  Just keep doing what you're doing.  Pray.  Try to be grateful that you have a happy, healthy, active, strong, precious child.  And try to remember that this is all temporary, that we have these children as a stewardship... we have to get them back to God.  And they are gone from us so quickly...

You're so right Farseer. Actually before I used to 'fight' the fact that I have a 'special or spirited child', you know, you go through a kind of denial and then you try to change your kid, without realizing that is his personality like that! So now instead to try to fight it, I try to adapt myself to him rather him adapting me. And when I see him smiling all the time (we call him 'Colgate' lol) and jumping and hugging me and give me kisses I am so grateful to God for this child and his great love...smile.gif

14th Jul, 2003 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Sleep Children You How

Actually before I used to 'fight' the fact that I have a 'special or spirited child', you know, you go through a kind of denial and then you try to change your kid, without realizing that is his personality like that! So now instead to try to fight it, I try to adapt myself to him rather him adapting me. And when I see him smiling all the time (we call him 'Colgate' lol) and jumping and hugging me and give me kisses I am so grateful to God for this child and his great love...smile.gif

What a wonderful Mom you are! !!  ! ! ! ! !   When this special boy grows to be a man, you will actually miss these days.  It's rare anymore that I get big hugs from my son...  he'll be 21 in September.  But what *great* hugs!  He played football in High School, all four years, as a defensive blocker -- so you can see he's big and very strong!  And now he's on his way to living a separate life, maybe moving very far away soon.  How the time flies...............

Roz

14th Jul, 2003 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Sleep Children You How

Thanks Farseer. I can imagine the big hugs you get from your football guy lol. I think we need to count our blessings more often huh? wink.gif The other day I was trying to put my son to sleep and he didn't want to, so I faked I was asleep on the bed and he entered the room, covered me with the sheets, give me a kiss and close the door! awwwww I was soooo touched, because he doesn't talk properly yet but he does those kind of things that show me how smart and loving he is going to be! wink.gif

17th Jul, 2003 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

How Do You Get Children To Sleep?

Thanks Farseer. I can imagine the big hugs you get from your football guy lol. I think we need to count our blessings more often huh? wink.gif The other day I was trying to put my son to sleep and he didn't want to, so I faked I was asleep on the bed and he entered the room, covered me with the sheets, give me a kiss and close the door! awwwww I was soooo touched, because he doesn't talk properly yet but he does those kind of things that show me how smart and loving he is going to be! wink.gif

How sweeeeeeeeeet!!!  Yes!  And they follow the ways of their parents at this age... so we know how sweet and loving you and your husband are to him -- and to each other.    I miss those good old days smile.gif

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2003 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

How You Children Sleep - Page 2

How sweeeeeeeeeet!!!  Yes!  And they follow the ways of their parents at this age... so we know how sweet and loving you and your husband are to him -- and to each other.    I miss those good old days

Thanks, we love our son sooo much! smile.gif. Hey if you miss those good old days, you can still have the chance to adopt a lil one wink.gif
What are your thoughts about those parents/doctors who allow their kids to cry all night  in order for them to go back to sleep on their own?

28th Jul, 2003 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

How You Children Sleep Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Thanks, we love our son sooo much! smile.gif. Hey if you miss those good old days, you can still have the chance to adopt a lil one wink.gif

Actually, I've thought about this.  My daughter is almost 6, and it just seems so sad that she has to grow up alone.  She wants very much to have a little brother or, especially, a little sister.  I don't know if I'll ever be married again, but I may be in a situation to adopt within a couple of years.  So I'm thinking about adopting a child who would be close to my daughter's age, so that they can be friends.  But that's a little way in the future smile.gif

What are your thoughts about those parents/doctors who allow their kids to cry all night  in order for them to go back to sleep on their own?

Eeek!!  That's another one of my "hot buttons"!!!  What sadistic, unfeeling monsters they are!! How could anyone allow a helpless little baby to just cry and cry and cry?  I tried it when my son was small, because that was everyone's answer to getting him to sleep through the night.  Oh, my gosh!  I broke out in sweats, cried myself, and was even nauseous.  And *nobody* got any sleep.  After just a few days, I said, "Forget this!" and tucked him in bed with me.  So that even if he was waking up often in the night, neither one of us really "woke up" -- we just shifted, snuggled, and nursed back to sleep.  :)  it was a wonderful, sweet time.

Roz

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: How Do You Get Children To Sleep?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,